I am not really sure what it means for a new OS to settle in, but four days upgrading to 10.2 it sure has settled in. A number off issues I was having with whatsapp, slow HUB, lagging when click new message notifications on the lock screen has disappeared.�

I am sure that over the next few days, the OS will get smoother.

There is only one aspect that still has not delivered upto my expectations. That is the battery life.�

6 hours into the day, and half of my battery is used up already. Been using it minimally. Really looking forward to seeing some improvement in the battery performance and then make my Z10 a super smartphone.�

Anyone else struggling with not as expected battery life after 10.2 upgrade?�

Posted via CB10
    kayyourcool likes this.
    10-27-13 09:46 AM
    If your still not satisfied you can always try one of the 10.2 leaks. Just an option.
    10-27-13 09:48 AM
    i've noticed poor battery life also. i have no interest in going with a leaked version. obviously if the leaked versions have better battery life, bb is capable of offering an update that addresses this
    10-27-13 09:57 AM
    Since I updated to 10.2, my battery life has increased compared to what it was like before
    10-27-13 10:03 AM
    The 10.2 leak i was on before was amazing for battery. The official version is terrible.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:24 AM
    Maybe you could try App Manager in System Settings and see if you could spot app using cpu too intensively?

Or perhaps it's time to buy a new battery.
    10-27-13 10:29 AM
    I alway am looking for and trying ways to get the best battery life. Battery Guru is recommended for keeping track of the battery current being drawn. At idle you should see 0.01 A (10mA). If you don't then something is using too much cpu time and causing the drain. Device monitor may give insight to a culprit app. Also check all accounts and make tweaks to them with respect to being updated, like push or specific time to check for data. Also, I recommend keeping both wifi and blue tooth off, until you use them. You will need to experiment. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:44 AM
    Four days sounds like too long but it is hard to tell. The OS is always indexing media. If you have a lot that affects it. Also if you have a huge number of emails from various accounts that takes some time to smooth out. Someone here posted they had 155,000 emails! Hah.

Other than that I'd say:

Make sure to do at least one hard reset by holding both volume keys down until the device restarts.

And you might consider (if things don't change) -- backing up all your data -- doing a full device wipe (factory reset) and then putting back your media, and re-installing apps manually.

Just some tips in general.

Good luck.
    10-27-13 10:49 AM
    I alway am looking for and trying ways to get the best battery life. Battery Guru is recommended for keeping track of the battery current being drawn. At idle you should see 0.01 A (10mA). If you don't then something is using too much cpu time and causing the drain. Device monitor may give insight to a culprit app. Also check all accounts and make tweaks to them with respect to being updated, like push or specific time to check for data. Also, I recommend keeping both wifi and blue tooth off, until you use them. You will need to experiment. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the comment. How do I check the amp being drawn from the battery in Battery Guru? Se attached the current battery status.

All good after 10.2 except the battery performance-img_00001586.png

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 01:46 AM
    Maybe you could try App Manager in System Settings and see if you could spot app using cpu too intensively?

Or perhaps it's time to buy a new battery.
    Replaced the battery to a new one a month ago.

I have been looking at the app manager and found the values can be all over the place. Would be good if the battery Guru (or another apl) could tag into the device monitor and read the cpu load over time as the battery is drained. That would be a fantastic chart to see and understand what processes are taking up the cpu...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 01:50 AM
    Four days sounds like too long but it is hard to tell. The OS is always indexing media. If you have a lot that affects it. Also if you have a huge number of emails from various accounts that takes some time to smooth out. Someone here posted they had 155,000 emails! Hah.

Other than that I'd say:

Make sure to do at least one hard reset by holding both volume keys down until the device restarts.

And you might consider (if things don't change) -- backing up all your data -- doing a full device wipe (factory reset) and then putting back your media, and re-installing apps manually.

Just some tips in general.

Good luck.
    What does a hard reset do compared to pulling the battery? Except the fact that hard reset as per your method is easier compared to actually taking out the battery.

Will a hard reset delete battery statistics?...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 01:52 AM
    If your still not satisfied you can always try one of the 10.2 leaks. Just an option.
    Thanks for the idea. A bit sceptical to installing a leak when there is an official OS and it should be doing the same job. But will certainly try if everything else fails

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 01:53 AM
    ^^ swipe to the left on the bottom half of the app (under the graph).

I would look at the power draw though. The power is also shown on the graph (black lines). Mine idles around 0.07 when locked.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 01:54 AM