What in the **** was the purpose of that? Was that Blackberry's attempt at showing that they are still cool? I thought it was a complete joke, not to mention the fact that she's been using a iPhone for a while now. Am I wrong in thinking that this was weird??
    southlander likes this.
    01-30-13 01:03 PM
    What in the **** was the purpose of that? Was that Blackberry's attempt at showing that they are still cool? I thought it was a complete joke, not to mention the fact that she's been using a iPhone for a while now. Am I wrong in thinking that this was weird??
    I agree. It was dumb.
    01-30-13 01:04 PM
    I'm not really sure what to say other than it can't hurt.
    01-30-13 01:04 PM
    But she works for them apparently, now. Plus all the Alicia Keys fans will go probably follow her with the BB. Idk, she said she will help with getting apps. I think she'd get awesome ones.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-30-13 01:10 PM
    LOL a business phone and Alicia keys? Sounds really funny
    01-30-13 01:14 PM
    But she works for them apparently, now. Plus all the Alicia Keys fans will go probably follow her with the BB. Idk, she said she will help with getting apps. I think she'd get awesome ones.
    Developers will bring their apps when they feel they can be adequately compensated to do so. Not because a senior exec happens to be a singer.
    01-30-13 01:14 PM
    I wasn't sure what to make of it either, but then I saw she has that project which includes Robert Rodriguez, something that I find extremely interesting considering how awesome he is creatively and as a director. Her alliance with the company can only help and I hope to see good things come out of it.
    01-30-13 01:16 PM
    she's hot.
    01-30-13 01:17 PM
    LOL a business phone and Alicia keys? Sounds really funny
    That women does more business than you will ever do.
    ErinnM, RECOOL, Tlynnsmith and 9 others like this.
    01-30-13 01:20 PM
    That women does more business than you will ever do.
    So does Steve Ballmer. Doesn't mean he has any success with Windows Phone.
    01-30-13 01:23 PM
    Lets see what happens.Everything is worth a go.It probably started as an embassador role than she put idea's in I guess and that bb moving project kicked off there's a lot that moving project and story maker can do social media wise.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-30-13 at 04:23 PM.
    01-30-13 01:25 PM
    I thought that was Alec Saunders job? What could an RnB singer do better than a dev relations guy in getting apps?

This was more of "Look Alicia Keys likes BlackBerry10 so it must be cool" this was Rims attempt to pull in a younger crowd of users. It had nothing to do with getting apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 01:32 PM
    An American entertainer spokesperson, while launching in an American city, yet the US is the last to launch. That patriot act must really be putting he noose on US based carriers.
    01-30-13 01:32 PM
    I thought that was Alec Saunders job? What could an RnB singer do better than a dev relations guy in getting apps?

This was more of "Look Alicia Keys likes BlackBerry10 so it must be cool" this was Rims attempt to pull in a younger crowd of users. It had nothing to do with getting apps.
    Maybe but I think having her is way better than not. Remember QNX runs Cirque du Soleil and more but nobody knows just how powerful the OS is. If it takes a celeb to get in front of customers so be it.
    01-30-13 01:41 PM
    So does Steve Ballmer. Doesn't mean he has any success with Windows Phone.
    Steve Ballmer's a middle-aged, overweight man. Alicia Keys is none of those.
    meganVee and kbz1960 like this.
    01-30-13 02:16 PM
    Yes. It is a good way to keep yourself in the consumer market.
    01-30-13 02:33 PM
    Steve Ballmer is a billionaire. Alicia Keys is not.
    iN8ter likes this.
    01-30-13 02:49 PM
    She is coming up with a new version of the national anthem for the superbowl, I hope people like it or there will be big backlash

Alicia Keys Dishes on Her Super Bowl Surprise | ETonline.com

Maybe she can work BlackBerry 10 into the song!
    416to604 likes this.
    01-30-13 02:53 PM
    thank the **** god it wasn't justin bieber
    kbz1960, jstarett, jesse_h and 1 others like this.
    01-30-13 02:57 PM
    I don't get it either. She's kinda popular, but I don't feel she's influential enough.

Remember when Jennifer Lopez was pushing the Playbook?

I think they would have had a bigger buzz if they had someone like Beyonce, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, even Kim Kardashian (maybe).

Wil.I.Am. has a similar role with Intel so.....
    01-30-13 03:01 PM
    I think they would have had a bigger buzz if they had someone like Beyonce, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, even Kim Kardashian (maybe).
    Yeah I agree. I was thinking to myself what RIM needs to turn themselves around is more Kardashian. I think they missed a golden opportunity here.
    01-30-13 03:02 PM
    When she walked out on the stage I was like WTF?! Is this a joke? EPIC FAIL!!!
    01-30-13 03:08 PM
    Yeah I agree. I was thinking to myself what RIM needs to turn themselves around is more Kardashian. I think they missed a golden opportunity here.
    But a Kardashian push could be good and bad. Good because they are popular and have a following, but bad because some people don't wanna have anything to do with anything Kardashian related. That's why I said maybe. Kim K might be a gamble.

Blackberry gets a ton of TV time because of them though lol Kim K has a gold 9900 and Kourtney K has a Bold 9900 too.
    01-30-13 03:14 PM
    Alicia Keys was selected for her,...1)proven ability to create,...2)market cross-over ability,....3)high profile,....4)and she represents a generation, etc! Blackberry is betting on the sunflower seed in the lawn affect with her stardom based on her following. For instance, I have two of her CDs. Also, good quality production, sales, and awards don't lie. She was a good selection to continue to pitch BB10,...as she's an international act and very likeable. Plus, she understands the potential of having a very capable smartphone for "business" use. After all, the recording industry is a business first! Also, I operate a photography business and my productivity and net income increased tremendously when I went from dumb-phone (LG phone) to smartphone,...my first BB (Bold 9000). There was no comparison on what I was able to do to enhance my business between the two devices!
    edsam likes this.
    01-30-13 03:17 PM
    Poltically Correct!
    01-30-13 03:19 PM
52 123