Whatever happened to Alicia Keys as the 'Global Creative Director' or whatever other jerk-off title they gave her?

Whatever happened to those other artists, some film director, some writer, doing those little projects that I never saw anywhere else but the BlackBerry website?

What was the result of those efforts? What was the ROI? What's the next plan, this time something hopefully a little better?

I sincerely hope with the release of cross platform bbm that they have a much better marketing plan, and this time something that actually works.

I'm in Canada and I'm seeing more sponsorships and ads, but still not good marketing. They need really, really good marketing.

I hate that this phone is so goddamn good, and everyone that has it agrees, but no one new is buying it. So frustrating.

That is all.

Posted via CB10
    milo53, potatoguy and chudypee like this.
    09-09-13 08:05 PM
    I hate that this phone is so goddamn good, and everyone that has it agrees, but no one new is buying it. So frustrating.
    That's exactly my frustration
    FSeverino likes this.
    09-09-13 08:11 PM
    Its hard to say if she is still doing much with BB. I am not sure but I think her tour is still going and I think BB still sponsors that
    09-09-13 08:12 PM
    Whatever happened to Alicia Keys as the 'Global Creative Director' or whatever other jerk-off title they gave her?

Whatever happened to those other artists, some film director, some writer, doing those little projects that I never saw anywhere else but the BlackBerry website?

What was the result of those efforts? What was the ROI? What's the next plan, this time something hopefully a little better?

I sincerely hope with the release of cross platform bbm that they have a much better marketing plan, and this time something that actually works.

I'm in Canada and I'm seeing more sponsorships and ads, but still not good marketing. They need really, really good marketing.

That is all.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you, marketing definitely needs to improve. As for Alicia Keys and all the others as such, I find it is not providing anything good and productive for BlackBerry to be honest.
    niftymu likes this.
    09-09-13 08:13 PM
    she's probably counting her money!! Well one good thing if BalckBerry goes private is she will be booted out of there back to her apple phone and she can tweet all she wants then..
    09-09-13 08:15 PM
    She's fine (I really mean that), I spoke with her the other day and she sends her love to the Crackberry Community.....unfortunately I can't give out her Crackberry name because of a oath that I took.......SMILE (only kidding)
    DoktorFace and pounder001 like this.
    09-09-13 08:17 PM
    I'm just worried with all this recent (and more factual) talk of selling that they don't have much time left to make a bang. BB10 didn't have the result they wanted, BBM has to be it. Get the brand back in a good light, something that people actually respect, then get more handset users with the next bb10 iteration.

Spend a billion of that cash on amazing, relentless marketing for the next year. Balls to the wall, get the biggest ad agencies on deck and deliver. Where is Frank Boulben? I hope he's working 18hr days to get this right!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:20 PM
    Agree with you, marketing definitely needs to improve. As for Alicia Keys and all the others as such, I find it is not providing anything good and productive for BlackBerry to be honest.
    Yep. Never understood the association with her. I get that they did it to try and get the kids, but they need to focus on their strengths right now. Business. Money. Cool. Classy. Productivity. Fast cars (QNX?). James F*ing Bond. I know they're trying in this direction but then someone goes and picks Alicia Keys? Seriously? Leave the celebrity female image to KimK tweeting on her 9900 and leave the global creative director role to James Bond. That's who we need to revive this brand.

James
    F*ing
    Bond

Posted via CB10
    DoktorFace likes this.
    09-09-13 08:33 PM
    James ^%#^%# Bond. Epic.
    I don't even know what Alicia Keys looks like. And i'm not going to look either. If I see her in a BB commercial then I will know.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    09-09-13 08:55 PM
    Alicia Keys was a lame choice to try and push the phones image...along with most of the other marketing Blackberry used.

The competition had them beat.

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    09-09-13 08:57 PM
    You know who they should have gotten instead of Alicia Keys, Miley Cyrus or even justin Bieber, try to grab the younger crowd and dispell the notion that BlackBerry is an ancient device.

But then again if that demographic did get this phone they would complain about the apps. But BlackBerry does need to cater to the consumer market over the corporate.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:01 PM
    That girl is on fire...

Unfortunately not the device she is representing...

Posted via Z10
    jose_trevizo likes this.
    09-09-13 09:32 PM
    That girl is on fire...

Unfortunately not the device she is representing...

Posted via Z10
    Haha good one.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:40 PM
    I'm still asking where is the Alicia Keys official App for BB10... next!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:51 PM
    Some other celebrities have done more for BlackBerry than Alicia like Leo DiCaprio, Beckham's son, just to name a couple

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:53 PM
    She's fine (I really mean that), I spoke with her the other day and she sends her love to the Crackberry Community.....unfortunately I can't give out her Crackberry name because of a oath that I took.......SMILE (only kidding)

i know.

cause last week i chatted with her over Twitter and she told me she was losing her interest... (im kidding 2)

Sent from my Windows Phone
    09-09-13 09:58 PM
    Some other celebrities have done more for BlackBerry than Alicia like Leo DiCaprio, Beckham's son, just to name a couple

Posted via CB10
    Based on what? You guys act as if she's suppose to get developers on board, design better hardware, and market the product 24/7.
    09-09-13 10:02 PM
    I thought Alicia Keys was the one calling people trolls on cb if they even thought a negative thing about BlackBerry. I thought she was doing a helluva job!!

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    09-09-13 10:02 PM
    Based on what? You guys act as if she's suppose to get developers on board, design better hardware, and market the product 24/7.
    Based on the simple fact that she was chosen the Creative Director and she hasn't created anything so far... I might be wrong, sorry!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:29 AM
    That's exactly my frustration
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 01:24 AM
    We haven't seen much BBM marketing, did we??
    Nothing from BlackBerry officially (besides that 2 leaks of manual & landing pages, no hype at all)

We are 11 days away from the last day of "Summer 2013" & I think time has run out for a "Major" marketing campaign, lowering my expectations as I type this... That's it, let it be whatever it will be...

And about Alicia Keys, we understand her role exactly as much as we know what Thorston meant with "Mobile Computing"
    First explain me what the H Mobile Computing is & I'll (try to) exlain to you what Global whatever is
    kevinnugent and ihys like this.
    09-10-13 02:11 AM
    Should have gotten Kim k she's addicted to her BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 09:32 AM