Ok so I have all of my songs in iTunes and all have album art. Now using blackberry link I transferred all of the songs to my Z10 and they seemed to be working OK The weird thing I noticed today was i did a universal search of a song. The Z10 found the song and I saw the cover art but when I played the song the music player did not show the cover art. I did a few more searches and foudn quite a few songs did not have the cover art when playing in the music player. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    02-18-13 05:19 AM
    So I double checked in iTunes and they all have album art but some of them do not have them when I transfer them to the Z10.

Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 01:18 PM
    My music transfer is also going very bad, there is something that is getting transferred that gives every album the same art once it hits my Z10. So every Album has say the Maroon 5 Album cover art very annoying!
    I think it's actually my Windows Media player that has gone crazy, I can't delete my libraries and start over, just error after error. May try Itunes just to organize my music with album covers etc.
    I just anything Apple. GRRR never even installed itunes so not sure if it's any good for organizing files but seems everyone uses it with ease.
    02-18-13 03:19 PM
    iTunes is good but you may still have issues like I do with no art on the Z10

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 05:35 PM
    I'm a bit disappointed to hear that this is still an issue, but I'm not sure if it's more of an iTunes issue than a Z10 issue. The transfer of my music to my Bold 9780 was bad since it confused all my album art with some songs having the artwork from different artists or no art at all.

Maybe with the next OS update it will be better and help with some bugs?
    02-18-13 06:15 PM
    I found a temporary fix for same album art for different songs.

Go to file manager app -> music -> compilation -> untitled. There were all the songs using the same albums cover. Seems like blackberry link issue since the music was at the right folder on my itunes.

Just move it out of the folder and place it any where in music folder and the original album cover appears.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 09:49 PM
    I had a similar problem. I went into file manager - SD Card - Music and found a file called "folder.jpg". It was created when I put my music onto the drive. Sure enough, when I click it, it is the art that all other songs were using. I deleted the file and, voila, all the proper album covers return. Relief!
    I can't guarantee this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.
    Now, if I can just figure out how to sync my Outlook calendar without having to set up a new email with Microsoft, I'll be even happier.....
    03-03-13 01:28 PM
    My music files were fine when I was removing my memory card and adding music that way. My problem of album art not working started when I downlloaded BB Link and it automatically started to sync my music.

First off, it does not matter if your sync is set to Microsoft media player or Itunes. The problem was that when Link sync-ed, files were added to my memory card, all over the place, and this caused a permenent error on the card, reformatting was needed. These files are "folder.jpg" and "bbthumb.dat". ALL those files need to be deleted, there had been about 30 created on mine. The way I found them was I searched my micro sd on my PC, (some BBthumb files may be hidden so make sure that setting is on). I used the search function of all files in "windows explorer" to do this (this is not the same as windows internet explorer). After I deleted those and any other I did not recognize, I copied the entire card (pictures etc as well) to my desktop in a folder. Then I put the card back in the z10 and reformatted the card. Then, I put the card back in the PC and put everything from the folder I had created back on the card. Success! I am so glad it worked, I was not happy with no album art, my whole music collection is on that 16 gb card! I hope this helps someone! It took me 3 hours of reading forums to combine all answers I had seen!

I have now permanently UNINSTALLED BBlink from my PC and will not use it. It is not necessary, and clearly has some bugs for my set up anyway
    (I run a PC with windows 7)
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    03-14-13 10:03 PM
    A little confused with all the problems people are having.

Are these all single songs or is this happening to whole albums also? And is the problem because of BB Link?

All my albums are in separate folders, complete with Album Art and I've never had an issue with my Bold 9900.

Still waiting for my Z10, but once I format the SD Card with the proper folder structure, I plan on on just copying my Album Folders into the Music folder by using my pc.

Any thoughts?
    03-14-13 10:23 PM

Are these all single songs or is this happening to whole albums also? And is the problem because of BB Link?

All my albums are in separate folders, complete with Album Art and I've never had an issue with my Bold 9900.

Still waiting for my Z10, but once I format the SD Card with the proper folder structure, I plan on on just copying my Album Folders into the Music folder by using my pc.

Any thoughts?
    That's how I did it with all my music files from PC to SD card. Just drag and drop the complete music library in its original folders to the SD. All the album art display fine in the Z10.
    frfghtr likes this.
    03-14-13 10:44 PM

Any thoughts?
    That's a smarter move. I gave up doing it via link and just went straight to pasting the folders into my microSD. Now my music has all the proper album art and no songs are mixed up.

I think it may be an iTunes and BlackBerry Link compatability issue. For me, it was happening to a few songs and albums, but it was only 10-15% that was missing art.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:07 PM
    I had a similar problem. I went into file manager - SD Card - Music and found a file called "folder.jpg". It was created when I put my music onto the drive. Sure enough, when I click it, it is the art that all other songs were using. I deleted the file and, voila, all the proper album covers return. Relief!
    I can't guarantee this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.
    Now, if I can just figure out how to sync my Outlook calendar without having to set up a new email with Microsoft, I'll be even happier.....
    I'm going to try this because it seems like a solution to my problem (which is ... just about every song in my library displays the same exact art).

However please know that this for me is certainly not a BlackBerry Link issue because I've had the same problem with my 9810
    04-23-13 02:48 PM
    I found the solution to this if doing iTunes transfers. Right click on the song in iTunes > get info delete the album artwork and manually re-add it then right click and convert id3 tags to v 2.3 save then drag and drop. Should work after that.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 03:02 PM
    Just wanted to comment that this is not an issue with BBLink, it looks like the Z10 itself is confusing the cover art.

I have been building a library of all my music on my PC and streaming it via DLNA to my Samsung TV. The cover art is appended to the MP3 files themselves as a tag, plus, each folder has a file called FOLDER.JPG that is definitely the correct cover art for the album. On the Samsung all the cover art is displayed correctly. When I copy those exact same folders to the Z10 however, the cover art is getting mixed up, with some albums having no cover at all, and others being given the cover from a different folder altogether.

The reason I know this is not a BBLink issue is that I don't use it. I copy the folders directly to the Z10, either via USB, or via WiFi by sharing the media card on my network. After the Z10 scans the new folders it is confusing the artwork stored in the MP3 and JPG files. I have my Z10 in an Otter case which makes it a PITA to pull the flash card and copy directly to it, but that may be the only way to prevent the Z10 from screwing up the cover art as it copies the folders to the card. Then again, that may not work either.

I've gone to great lengths to ensure that all my music has Z10 music player compatible artwork attached. It is a pain that it just doesn't seem to be able to deal with it. Hopefully OS 10.1 will address this, but I doubt it.
    04-26-13 07:04 PM
    All my songs are displaying with the same album art and this started a couple of days ago. I also tag my songs and add the album art manually and do not use bblink to transfer my music.

I have loaded all songs from my media card into mp3tag and they all show the correct album art, so I know for a fact that it's am issue with the phone/OS, I may be willing to try to reformat again but 10.1 might fix it.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:09 PM
    Yeah, I'm using mp3tag too. The fact that all is hunky-dory on my Samsung TV via DLNA tells me that my Z10 is just not getting the tags right.
    04-29-13 01:10 PM
    Yeah, I'm using mp3tag too. The fact that all is hunky-dory on my Samsung TV via DLNA tells me that my Z10 is just not getting the tags right.
    Agreed, it's a Z10 issue. Please share I'd you get it fixed, I don't have access to my computer therefore can't try anything yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:37 PM
    Definitely a z10 issue, the caching of Album art seems to be somewhat problematic.

This was a massive 'pet peeve' of mine. Finally found a workaround that did the job. Posted it in this thread a few days ago:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...player-799546/
    04-29-13 01:46 PM
    Definitely a z10 issue, the caching of Album art seems to be somewhat problematic.

This was a massive 'pet peeve' of mine. Finally found a workaround that did the job. Posted it in this thread a few days ago:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...player-799546/
    It's actually a BlackBerry problem. I have the issue with my z10 now and I had the SAME issue on my 9810. This sucks.
    04-29-13 04:04 PM
    Makes sense. What I meant by z10 was that it's related to the device, as opposed to itunes/mediaplayer/etc....

I find that if you have your songs on your device in a 'hierarchical' filing order (Music>Artist>Album) with the cover art also saved as a seperate "folder.jpg" inside each album folder, it may solve the issue. Worked for me. Peep the thread I posted to see how you can potentially go about it.
    04-29-13 04:19 PM
    What was BlackBerry thinking when it came to music on the Z10?

Besides the inability to quickly scroll down a list using the alphabetic scrolling a la contacts (in portrait mode at least) and the inability to sort by year (descending or ascending), BlackBerry Link extracts album art from the mp3 and stores it as a separate file. But in the process they downgrade the resolution and quality of the album art so it looks like total crap on one of the best screens on a smart phone.

The music app on the Z10 apparently does not extract album art from the mp3. If you delete "folder.jpg" from a specific folder, the Z10 will use the default music art. This is totally unacceptable in this day and age. Fine, extract a thumbnail to use when viewing the Music Library, but use the embedded art in the mp3 when playing a song, especially if the resolution and quality are better. Idiotic.
    05-04-13 11:01 PM
    An easy solution is to side load n7player and use its built in album cover fetcher. It will ask you before it grabs the art if you want to make the album covers available to other media players, answer yes. If you want to get hq album art then go into the settings prior to fetching the cover art and scroll all the way down to the bottom then click advanced settings and enable higher quality album art grabber. If it grabs any incorrect album art just long press on the cover and it will give you several options for you to manually choose as the cover art. You can delete n7player afterwards if you want and the album art will remain and be used by the built in BlackBerry media player.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 04:31 AM
    By the way, I figured out how to get album art working once and for all.
    1) Back up your music files (on an SD) to your computer
    2) Erase your SD from your Z10
    3) Using MP3tag, properly tag your files (including embedding album art) and export each album's art as a Folder.jpg file
    4) Set up a artist/album/songs directory structure
    5) Format the empty SD from your Z10
    6) Set to Mass Storage Mode
    7) Recopy everything
    8) Wait for Music to reindex the card, then you should be set

I tried using Folder.jpg, retagging, etc., but some albums were stuck without album art. I think the difference here was nuking the SD, as it seems to clear out BB10's album art cache.
    05-05-13 09:40 PM
    This is how I fixed MY album art problem....I noticed that whenever more than one artist had the same album name, something common like "Greatest Hits" they would all sync with the same album artwork, regardless of the different artist names. How I fixed it was to manually change the album name in iTunes to include the artist name. For example, Tom Petty has a "Greatest Hits" album and I changed the album name to be "Tom Petty Greatest Hits". That solved all my album artwork problems.
    05-06-13 07:44 PM
    The fixes mentioned here are ludicrous. We shouldn't have to delete, format and copy, use mp3tag, export cover art as a folder.jpg or side load an app. Mp3 is a very robust and mature file format. Why the programmers at BlackBerry wouldn't utilize the data within the file is beyond me.
    chris8189 likes this.
    05-26-13 03:45 PM
39 12