OK. What do you see if you tap on "Links" for Dr. Her?
    04-14-14 08:08 PM
    Well, I am facing another problem: when I got a call only the number was displayed.. after I accepted the call, contact name appeared. This happened couple of times..
    Just happened again! Driving me nuts!###

Awkward, I didn't know who called me because the call screen didn't showed the caller name, only number ..

Btw, after I've finished the call, the contact name appeared in call log..

Oh well..

Posted via CB10
    Gerii likes this.
    04-15-14 04:13 AM
    They should really fix the contact issues on BlackBerry 10. CardDAV is completely broken when not entering a mail address, when syncing with ownCloud it doesn't load already existing contacts at all and duplicates those created on the phone.
    It isn't really possible to close the contacts app (once I had it lock up and I couldn't even quit it by long-pressing on the X button). It's quite slow, especially when deleting or linking contacts, but also in day to day use. And contacts disappear sometimes, which I guess has to do with it trying to link these contacts with Facebook and Twitter contacts which I've hidden in the settings.
    Edit: I forgot to add that since 10.2.1.xxxx it doesn't show the PlayBook Video Chat icon for my contacts having a PlayBook.
    And if I add a contact that is linked to Facebook as a favourite it shows his Facebook name instead of the name that I've set.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gerii; 04-15-14 at 01:59 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-15-14 08:12 AM
    BB really needs to throw some talented programmers at the Contacts app. Way, WAY, too many complaints about messed up contacts. Mixing and melding different contacts into each other. Contacts disappearing or duplicating. I really do feel sorry for PROFESSIONALS that count on their phones and their contacts. And blaming gmail or yahoo or Facebook does not cut it - it is the BB phone which is or should be the primary defense against such headaches.

(just got a survey from BB and I entered the above and more into the survey answers)
    Last edited by F2; 04-15-14 at 10:25 AM.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-15-14 09:55 AM
    Completely agree F2, far too many people having issues.

Having said that, I am still trying to help the op fix his issue cuz AFAIK, it is working like that for most people. Certainly doesn't work like that for me... my contacts are all there, no duplicates, none "hidden" or missing, and the contacts all seem to show up in both my Contacts app and in the Phone app under the contacts tab. It must be quite frustrating for him and I'd like to try to help him sleuth it out.

One thing I noticed on his contact screenshot for Dr. Her is that there is no number beside the "Links" tab. Most of my contacts have at least a couple of Links. The Links tab on that screen should show a number like 2 or 3 if there are 2 or 3 accounts that are linked together for that contact person.

Plus it is very puzzling that the name doesn't appear on the Contacts app, but it shows up when he dials their number. I suspected BB10 had cached the name from the mobile carrier's call display info perhaps from a prior incoming call, but the op says no it isn't. Quite the puzzle.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 10:20 AM
    Patrick, same here. I'd like to figure it out, too. (as I added to my post above, I just got a survey from BB and filled it out and included my comments above in the survey answers.

Like you, when Contacts are LINKED, there is a number showing the number of links.

I wonder if the format of numbers affects how they are displayed when a call comes in. The other day, in the car, a number came in UNKNOWN and while I thought I knew it was a friend from back east, I was not sure so declined. Later, the phone did show the NAME. But I'm not sure if that was the phone or the car's bt connection faultering.

And while I'm sure not everyone has these Contacts issues, even a few dozen for Professionals who count on their phones is too many. And from the number of complaints on CB, I'm sure that it is more than a few dozen. There is something wrong. Maybe, the entire LINKING of Social info with Contacts was a bit more complex than anticipated. (since I don't have a facebook, linked-in or other accounts, I have fewer headaches. And I have only a few Twitter entries (WA traffic, npr and BB), they don't affect me).

I think the OP should tweak his entries, editing the format of phone numbers. 999-333-6666 (no parens or other things). Maybe even removing them and re-entering the data. Or just adding some he can check - some work, or close friends or family numbers or extensions where he can play a bit and see if they show up.
    04-15-14 10:37 AM
    It seems Mr. Selfy7 has decided he is done with our efforts to be helpful. Otherwise perhaps he would have posted the requested "Links" screenshot.

Plus I had also hoped to ask him which OS version he is on cuz some of the earlier versions of BB10 had some contact issues which to a great extent have now been addressed. If he is not on OS 10.2.1.2141, I suspect this issue has been resolved by the OS update. If he is on 2141, then further sleuthing is needed.

Please, selfy7, come back with a screenshot of your Links screen for Dr. Her!... F2 & I really want to try to help you get this sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:28 AM
    Really thanks Guys for trying to help me...

This Dr. Her contact i shared because it is not a contact that i saved in that way....
    It was Dr.**** Her** Hospital...
    Which i already have in the contacts and linked to 6 links. BUT when i search for her via Contacts app or phone app i get this Eaten out name of Dr.Her with no data and no links and Incomplete name!!!
    And if i got the number from the call log it appears the full name, full data with all Links appearing!!!

Sorry for being late in coming back but i really had Crazy busy days...

Huge thanks guys and BTW am STL100-1 10.2.1.2102 and this is the latest update i got with no Updates available

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:33 PM
    This Dr. Her contact i shared because it is not a contact that i saved in that way....
    It was Dr.**** Her** Hospital...
    Which i already have in the contacts and linked to 6 links. BUT when i search for her via Contacts app or phone app i get this Eaten out name of Dr.Her with no data and no links and Incomplete name!!!
    The contact you showed above for Dr. Her doesn't show any links at all. I would delete this entry from your Contacts app and keep the one that has the 6 links.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:00 PM
    I quit syncing Google with my phone, when Google wrecked the contact formatting, butting everything for people's addresses together with no spaces or field separation.

Mr. Grover
    c/o Hooper's Store
    123 Sesame Street
    New York, NY 10101

became

Mr. Grover
    c/oHooper'sStore123SesameStreetNewYorkNY10101

Now I just let Link sync the contacts with Windows, no other fingers in the pudding.
    04-18-14 12:30 PM
    I also experience an issue with contacts application. My company uses Zimbra which supports CardDAV and CalDAV. It's not possible to add any new contact from Z10: after entering name, phone number etc. and saving to the configured CardDAV account the newly added entry did not appear on the server. After the Contacts application restart it also disappeared from the phone. It is really annoying and I plan to switch back to some Android device - I've never experienced similar issues with that.
    CalDAV support is also broken for recurring events which started for the first time a couple of weeks before configuring the account: they are simply not added to the phone's calendar!
    Really, it is a business device, right? So why both: calendar and address book are useless? I like this phone, the new operating system, some very clever ideas like screen gestures and Hub, but I'm tired of waiting for the bugs getting fixed. Bye-bye BB.
    04-19-14 04:30 PM
    Have you guys even looked at the contact settings??
    Address book turned my life into Hellll!!!!-img_20140419_173546.png

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-19-14 04:36 PM

As far as I know, there is no feature in BB10 that allows us to make a contact "hidden".

Posted via CB10
    Yes there is. Check the settings within contacts app

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-19-14 04:37 PM
    Since i got my Z10, as a blackberry fanatic kept on saying this will be fixed in the next update, and tilll now am on 10.2.1.2102 STL100-1.....and Nothing fixed it gets even crazier!!!!! When i save the contacts i copy them to all links.....and still never shows from the call log contact tab. And even when i get to the address book NOTHING is there... I must search everytime for the last time i called the contact from the call log and then i find and can access it. And if i didnt call for more than a month, and manage to get the number from any of my business colleagues and dial....surprise the contact name is there!!!!!!!! I willlllllll burn this mobile if this wasnt fixed i cant take it anymore....especially that any new number i save now i must send to my manager and all ma family so as not to lose itttttt!!!!!! Can this be fixed or shall i burn it easier and sadly get an IPhone???????

Posted via CB10
    I know how you feel!!! My Z10 won't dress me or make my coffee anymore. Darn phone... Do iPhones make coffee? Yes? Really? .... I gotta get me one of those...To correctly burn phone, put it in your pocket and add salt and water, wait an hour and scream...

Trusted Member Genius
    04-19-14 07:02 PM
    Yes there is. Check the settings within contacts app.
    Thx Dave. Based on the issues described by selfy7, I figured it wouldn't be that simple. But I guess it could be.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 04-19-14 at 07:52 PM.
    04-19-14 07:21 PM
    Thx Dave. Based on the issues described by selfy7, I figured it wouldn't be that simple. But I guess it could be.

Posted via CB10
    It would be a good thing for he/she to look at. Whenever I have a problem I check settings first.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-19-14 09:06 PM
41 12