Our environment is internally managed Exchange 2007 server running ActiveSync, for Q10, Z10 and Z30. Plus we have an old free BES for the Bold 9900's. As you'd expect, the BES and Bold 9900's are bulletproof. My issue is the Exchange ActiveSync and OS 10 combination.

We have had more cases of people using the 10 series with EAS, sort of dropping ActiveSync connection. I have tested that the service is running, with the https://<Activesync Server Name>/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync URL, and all is good. Yet none of the 10 series BB's that are using it, are receiving mail. This is happening on a daily basis now. After a service restart, and a hard reboot of the BBs then they work again. But overnight as I sleep...so does the damn connection.

Any ideas? I am not sure if this is a limitation of EAS, OS10, or the BBs. I can't be having the Exchange mail seem to fall asleep, causing executives to BBM me first thing in the morning...every day.
    03-04-14 07:49 AM
    03-04-14 07:57 AM
    I know how to add the accounts, but thanks. My problem is the Blackberries seemingly disconnecting for no reason. This has never been an issue with any of the BES administered BBs.
    03-04-14 08:22 AM
    I know how to add the accounts, but thanks. My problem is the Blackberries seemingly disconnecting for no reason. This has never been an issue with any of the BES administered BBs.
    I just thought maybe you would see something missed.
    03-04-14 08:40 AM
    I was just reading another thread and someone stated this.

IT had to add an exception on the exchange server to allow my device. I actually got dumped yesterday for some odd reason and they had to add me again so I could start getting emails again on my phone.
    03-04-14 09:01 AM
    I'm having this same issue...but it seems to have only started occurring within the past month or so. ActiveSync just stops working and the message in my accounts list says that there is no network connection; this is connection to my employer's email server. I am not having the same issue with other accounts such as Hotmail (Outlook.com) accounts. Re-entering my password doesn't usually work; instead, I have to do a battery pull...

I was using a beta 10.2.1 OS and not having this issue; when the official version from Verizon was released and my phone decided that it had to have that update, it seems that this issue presented itself...
    03-20-14 01:44 PM