I've noticed that a lot of BlackBerry newbies complain about the limits of the hub without really understanding its actual purpose. It was never meant to serve the purpose of redundancy - meaning that it is not designed to perform all functions of Twitter or Facebook or anything else that it houses. It's simply meant to provide a sort of portal to these apps so that you may quickly PEEK at an alert and decide if you want to respond from there WITHOUT HAVING TO OPEN the app and go right back to what you were working on.

There are too many people criticizing the hub for it not being what amounts to an unnecessary alternate method of opening an app.
    Last edited by T_Touch; 04-23-13 at 06:41 PM.
    04-23-13 02:08 PM
    I've noticed that a lot of BlackBerry newbies complain about the limits of the hub without really is understanding its actual purpose. It was never meant to serve the purpose of redundancy - meaning that it is not designed to perform all functions of Twitter or Facebook or anything else that it houses. It's simply meant to provide a sort of portal to these apps so that you may quickly PEEK at an alert and decide if you want to respond from there WITHOUT HAVING TO OPEN the app and go right back to what he were working on.

There are too many people criticizing the hub for it not being what amounts to an un necessary alternate method of opening an app.
    True....I get that.....but wouldn't it be lovely if we could.....
    04-23-13 02:19 PM
    ...not have some accounts turn themselves off in the hub for no apparent reason. ;-)

It happens to me once in a while; I can't discern a pattern.
    04-23-13 03:48 PM
    I hate having to open facebook notifications twice
    04-23-13 04:02 PM
    I know. The next logical step would be to launch from the Hub to the app. Otherwise we gave to flick the Hub up to get out of it then go to FB.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:40 PM
    I know. The next logical step would be to launch from the Hub to the app. Otherwise we gave to flick the Hub up to get out of it then go to FB.

Posted via CB10
    perhaps but it's so easy to access the app (should you choose) without the hub.
    04-23-13 06:39 PM
    don't get this
    04-24-13 08:38 PM
    don't get this
    Mine always marked the alert as read in the main application(at least non-10.1 hybrid release). Maybe sometime soon they will introduce a shortcut key that takes you to the post in the main app.
    04-24-13 08:48 PM
    I don't think the author of the thread appreciates one line rebuttals. At least I don't. How rude.
    04-24-13 08:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can launch the hub from a post, I do it all the time. It usually says View Post or something like that.

In messages it doesn't, but that's because it's meant to be answered there, I never after to open Facebook after looking at a post or message in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:19 PM
    You can launch the hub from a post, I do it all the time. It usually says View Post or something like that.

In messages it doesn't, but that's because it's meant to be answered there, I never after to open Facebook after looking at a post or message in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    oh yeah - indeed this is true but nonetheless the hub is still meant to serve the function of the PEEK feature.
    04-24-13 09:26 PM
    It's redundant. You see a red star on the app. You look at the notifications and exit after it was read. But the hub still has it as unread. You go back just to mark it read.

Then there's the SMS text icon. You see that you have a text message so you tap the icon. It goes to the hub and not the actual text message. Why? You have another step to get to the message. That's frustrating to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:52 PM
    don't get this
    You open a Facebook notification, for example, through the application, and yet you still need to go to the hub to mark it read there.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:56 PM