So I was 'lucky' enough to have my 9900 give out on me. It was stuck in a vicious rebooting cycle. Luckily, having Best Buy's extended warranty paid off. I was upgraded to the Z10 for a small cost.

I was able to backup the 9900 via protect and the desktop program, along with doing it with Google. Given the problem with the 9900, Best Buy couldn't push anything onto the Z10.

I've tried to get my contacts back via Link from my 9900 data files, Google didn't put all my contacts onto my phone, and Protect won't recover my old 9900 information either.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem or know how I can salvage my missing information?

By the way, I'm very happy I didn't get a Galaxy. It was pretty close to happening, but I just love the swipe - to - text a little too much to not have it.

Thanks for any help!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:24 AM
    So I was 'lucky' enough to have my 9900 give out on me. It was stuck in a vicious rebooting cycle. Luckily, having Best Buy's extended warranty paid off. I was upgraded to the Z10 for a small cost.

I was able to backup the 9900 via protect and the desktop program, along with doing it with Google. Given the problem with the 9900, Best Buy couldn't push anything onto the Z10.

I've tried to get my contacts back via Link from my 9900 data files, Google didn't put all my contacts onto my phone, and Protect won't recover my old 9900 information either.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem or know how I can salvage my missing information?

By the way, I'm very happy I didn't get a Galaxy. It was pretty close to happening, but I just love the swipe - to - text a little too much to not have it.

Thanks for any help!

Posted via CB10
    Hi!
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    I too had a 99xx device...i had the 9930 and I made a backup with Desktop manager. Do you have your backup?
    Plug the Z into your computer and use Blackberry LINK (you will need to download it) and the use your legacy back up from the 9900 to add back your contacts and data. It worked for me when I first got my Z.

Protect is useless now with a Z. Hopefully that will change.

If you have Google, then add your email accounts to your phone via setup on the device and give google time to sync your contacts. mine is setup the same exact way and it works fine. Try these things and post back please. I will get you some expert help if this isn't working we have some great experts here who can suggest all kinds of things for you.

Keep at it! We will get your straightened out!!
    07-11-13 07:31 AM
    Thanks for the response. I tried using Link to restore the information lashes night but it didn't work. I'll be trying it again tonight and throughout the weekend.

As said, Google didn't load all of my contacts.

Luckily it's only a small issue to be dealing with!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:40 AM
    Thanks for the response. I tried using Link to restore the information lashes night but it didn't work. I'll be trying it again tonight and throughout the weekend.

As said, Google didn't load all of my contacts.

Luckily it's only a small issue to be dealing with!

Posted via CB10
    OK but you said Google is your email service, right?
    Did you set it up to sync the contacts?
    07-11-13 08:27 AM
    Yessir I did. That's the most confusing part.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:45 AM
    More additional information: I believe there's a import data from BB7 option in Link.
    07-11-13 10:31 AM
    do you see all your contacts in gmail? If you do try this.
    Create an Outlook.com account.
    In your outlook account, click on the avatar (or place holder) in the top right next to your name.
    Click on Account Settings, then Permissions, followed by add accounts on the right.
    Choose Google and follow the instructions to connect your accounts.
    Once your done with that, go back to the main outlook.com screen (inbox)
    On the top left, by Outlook.com, click the down arrow and choose People
    Your contacts should be populated into you oulook.com address book.
    Add outlook.com as an account on your z10, if you want, you can just add it for contacts
    All your contacts should now be back on your phone.

Hope this helps.
    07-11-13 11:50 AM