64GB microSD format in Z10
When I first formatted my Sandisk 64GB microSD card in the Z10, it formatted properly... and showed as FAT32. Today, I reformatted ... now it is NTFS !!!! I don't remember getting any firmware update .... unless it happened while I was sleeping !!!
Seems to work properly ... Has anyone else noticed this ?
When connected via USB, my Win7 PC thinks its NTFS. But as a test, I tried copying a large file to the card... failed.... so it must still be FAT32. Not sure why Win7 thinks it's NTFS. (On the initial format, Win7 correctly identified it as FAT32.)
NO.... I have NOT enabled USB Mass Storage.
I may be mistaken but I thought enabling it would be if I wanted OTHER devices to use the Z10 as USB storage. I want the microSD to be used by the Z10 for storage. I was connecting USB to PC only to transfer files onto the microSD for use by the Z10.
Hmmm.... something so simple, and I'm confused....
I do already have access to the microSD when connecting USB to PC .... (for example, DeviceMemory = Z: and microSD = Y: ).
I thought "USB Mass Storage" meant that (for example), I could connect the Z10 to a WDTVmediaplayer and the WDTV would detect the Z10 as a USB drive.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-18-2013, 05:16 AM #8
- 734 Posts
Odd. Mine shows as exFAT on my Mac. Which is annoying as OSX can't write exFAT.Z10 SIM Free, BES10 w/Balance, OS 10.2.0.424 on O2 UK
PlayBook WiFi, 32Gb, OS 2.0
My BB History: 7130 >8700 >8100 >8120 >8120(RED) >9000 >9500 >9520 >9810 >Z10
Plus a bunch of other pre-production devices, including the only RED Pearl Flip ever made.
- By GirthBrooks in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 23Last Post: 09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
- By madi in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
- By zippay in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 5Last Post: 01-19-2008, 12:29 AM
- By AdrianCup in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 12-29-2007, 08:17 AM
- By kjparfekt in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 6Last Post: 10-05-2007, 11:37 PM