Hey all... I have about 6 hours into learning and playing with my Z10. Just wanted to share my thoughts a bit.

First of all, coming from a Note II I'm really glad I can do things one handed. Being able to pick up the phone and type or reach things on the screen is something I've really missed. The only tiny gripe I have is that I'm left handed and when I tap and hold to open the action menu on the right side, I cover most of it up. For example, if I want to delete an email, I tap and hold and then slide my finger over to the right and down to delete and them back to the left. I keep missing the trash bin icon because my thumb covers it. I'm sure it is something I'll get used to in time, but for now is slightly annoying.

I've also noticed my battery life is pretty rough. I went from 100% to about half in 3 hours. Most of the usage was from setting up the phone and accounts and sending some test emails/txts. I have chargers and a battery pack thing, so I'm not too worried, but it would be nice if the battery lasted longer. I know some people have had worse battery life so hopefully a fix or something will come out soon.

The last thing I'll talk about is that I love the Hub. It's a great asset. I've noticed that if I'm in the text message portion of it, that it stays in the text message section when I swipe up and right. Is there a way to set it so that up and right swiping automatically takes me to the Hub and not an individual portion?

Thanks for reading and maybe even addressing some of the things I've mentioned. Looking forward to jumping into things more...
    jaywars likes this.
    06-05-13 07:59 AM
    That's great, welcome to the Z10 club!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 08:01 AM
    When u tap and hold an email. Let go.
    Then press the trash can.

U don't have to slide your finger move to hit the icon.

Just let go.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 08:05 AM
    When u tap and hold an email. Let go.
    Then press the trash can.

U don't have to slide your finger move to hit the icon.

Just let go.

Posted via CB10
    That's right and proved

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 08:21 AM
    The last thing I'll talk about is that I love the Hub. It's a great asset. I've noticed that if I'm in the text message portion of it, that it stays in the text message section when I swipe up and right. Is there a way to set it so that up and right swiping automatically takes me to the Hub and not an individual portion?

No it works the way it does probably with multitasking in mind. I prefer it the way it is but an option would be nice for those that want to be taken to the hub each time.

Regarding battery life. I come from a Note 2 too. It will get a bit better with time but basically the Note 2 has about triple the battery life compared to the Z10. So you have to get used to much worse battery performance or buy yourself a 4500mAh extended battery or something for when you know you'll need it.

And welcome. Great phone choice.
    06-05-13 08:30 AM
    Disable gestures during lock screen and disable sending diagnostics. You should get greatly improved battery life after.
    06-05-13 08:33 AM
    Thanks for the tips. Definitely appreciate it. I spent the past few days looking at the videos here and on YouTube and they were dragging their finger to the side. I think that's where I picked up on that. Good to know...

Tonight's project will be music and playing with BackBerry Link.

Any helpful tips on using the text selection bubble? I figured I'd search the forums on my lunch...
    06-05-13 09:26 AM
    Im right handed, dunno if happen to anyone else, but i always accidently open up my camera if using the phone with one hand,, that frustrating, maybe my palm is big
    Im trying to find in the setting if we can disable the quick camera icon at the bottom right but unavailable,, can we disable that?

Sorry to hijack your treat OP
    06-05-13 09:30 AM
    Turn off LTE as well..this will improve your battery life!!!!
    06-05-13 09:33 AM