Hi, I have a z10 as my secondary device but even as that, it has become completely unusable.
    I use it only for podcasting do there's no particular load on the phone. Cellular Data is turned off, Latest OS installed, and I even deleted most other apps but still, this crazy battery drain continues! Any suggestions??
    12-06-14 12:43 AM
    Trying to add screenshots but the forum is not letting me. Screenshot of the device manager that is
    12-06-14 12:45 AM
    I too faced this problem..i submit by phone to customer care those guys took my phone for 45 days then given a new one ie. transreceiver. Then it works somewhat better after few days it improved my suggestions are
    1) do some battery tests like after removing for 4 hours when it is going to die then insert again so from 0% to. Say 30% it shows. Actually. The battery data that z10 shows is wrong, your battery % is actually Didn't Die but it's shows wrong information .
    2) if problem persists then submit it to blackberry service center.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:53 AM
    I don't recall if you have to have a certain number of POSTS before adding/attaching photos.

Can you describe what Device Monitor is showing? Have you tried rebooting? What OS version do you have? How old? Could it be a bad battery? If running games or other cpu intensive apps, they can use the battery more? What model device? You can see that info, start a temporary Email. on a line by itself type

myver (then press the spacebar).

Copy that info into a message here.
    Dimeji Olatunde likes this.
    12-06-14 09:46 AM
    At the moment, just came off charge like 10mins ago. Already at 87% - system 44%, Standby 11%, Display 3.1% and so on.

The next screen - cpu shows
    System 99%, Standby 0.53% and so on...

No games or anything intensive... The phone is just sitting idle, getting hot and battery draining.
    Data is turned off, I've pulled out battery numerous times but phone usually completely dies anyway.

Model number is STL100-2
    Soft: 10.2.1.3062
    Although this problem started before I upgraded to the latest software
    12-06-14 11:10 AM
    Do you have any apps that run in the background?

That does not sound right. You might want to backup any unique data (photos, docs, etc) to a computer and try to reload the OS.

You can use BBLink or you might even investigate using an Autoloader - either one for your Carrier official OS or even a newer leaked OS. They can be found in the OS Leak subforum here.
    12-06-14 12:06 PM
    Something is definitely running in the background. If the phone has almost nothing on it, then it won't hurt to reload the OS using autoloader. This official release works fine, I was using it for some time with no issues whatsoever.
    12-06-14 03:31 PM
    System at 99% CPU usage is what's eating your battery. It shouldn't be doing that, something is wrong.

Like others say, backup the data you couldn't stand to lose, do a security wipe and reinstall the OS, or maybe even the latest leak.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    12-06-14 03:35 PM
    ...do a security wipe and reinstall the OS...
    Is wipe really necessary?
    Autoloader will rewrite the OS partition anyway and the phone will be back to factory default.
    12-06-14 03:48 PM
    Battery bundle just got mine yesterday problem solved lol

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    12-06-14 04:27 PM
    Is wipe really necessary?
    Autoloader will rewrite the OS partition anyway and the phone will be back to factory default.
    Some people recommend it, before an OS reload through Link or an autoloader. If there wasn't anything wrong in the OS I wouldn't bother with the security wipe, but as there is I would do the wipe just so that once the OS is reloaded there isn't a single bit on the flash memory that is the same as before when the problem existed.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    12-06-14 04:38 PM
    I would do the wipe just so that once the OS is reloaded there isn't a single bit on the flash memory that is the same as before when the problem existed.
    Autoloader does exactly the same like restoring a partition on a hard drive. There will be remaining information on the drive, but not associated with any file or folder, i.e. available for use/write. In other words not a single bit from previous installation will be associated with the new OS installation. Security wipe is a big waste of time in this case and if something wrong happens during the wipe procedure you end up with bricked device.
    12-06-14 04:55 PM
    Autoloader does exactly the same like restoring a partition on a hard drive. There will be remaining information on the drive, but not associated with any file or folder, i.e. available for use/write. In other words not a single bit from previous installation will be associated with the new OS installation. Security wipe is a big waste of time in this case and if something wrong happens during the wipe procedure you end up with bricked device.
    Interesting. When Autoloaders first started to appear, why did the recommended steps always include at least 1 if not 2 security wipes (before and after)?

And how about a reload through Link? Does that nuke the volume information too?

12-06-14 07:17 PM
    To answer the question I need to know how the internal storage is organized, what partitions and what type. What I see in the process is direct writes to specific memory addresses, not file copying. No matter what is there, it gets rewritten with what is needed, the rest is unallocated space. The fact is, that OS after running autoloader does not see any remaining information, i.e. allocation table is wiped at some point (has to be at the beginning of the process). This is enough for what we want to achieve. Security wipe purpose is completely different - to protect data from eventual recovery attempts. We don't need to recover anything here. When you quick format an SD card do you wipe it before and after? No, because you don't need to. There are different methods of restoring information. Autoloader is destructive because it reformats the volume(s). I don't know how Link reload works, never needed to run it. If you still see your files, then most likely it rewrites only specific files (like how Windows 8 system refresh works) or a separate partition (the way I restore all my computers in 10min). I keep OS on a separate partition and always have an image of the whole working system. Basically I create Windows autoloaders for my computers. Same idea and no wiping needed.

If I'm missing something, will be happy to see more technical details. Just for education purposes, of course. Please, don't take this as a start of some argument or something. It's always good to learn something new.
    12-06-14 08:26 PM
    Hi, thanks guys, I will try this! Question tho, does the sd card remain untouched? Only data I will like to keep is my podcast app! ( this is the only thing I use on the phone now like I mentioned before.)

I will wipe it today and feedback

Cheers
    12-06-14 11:08 PM
    No changes on SD card. When I was playing with the phone in few weeks time I flashed it at least 5 times with different version OS autoloaders. Some people recommend removing SD, but I never did and still have everything on it intact. Autoloader has no businness on SD. Just don't try security wiping the phone with SD card in. Common sense tells me it will be wiped too.
    12-07-14 01:36 AM
    Security wipes don't wipe the media card, just the internal storage. BlackBerry don't let you store anything they consider sensitive on the media card, and by that I mean work data from the work space of a BES activated BlackBerry, so they don't include it in the wipe. BlackBerry don't even let you install apps to the media card either for security reasons.

Of course you can encrypt the media card if you know you have something on there you don't want others to see if they got hold of the card. Encrypting the media card comes with a catch though as if you security wipe the phone then you may as well have wiped the media card because it will be rendered unreadable. The phone will no longer be able to decrypt it so you'd have to format it and start again.

FF22 likes this.
    12-07-14 07:48 PM
    Security wipes don't wipe the media card, just the internal storage. BlackBerry don't let you store anything they consider sensitive on the media card, and by that I mean work data from the work space of a BES activated BlackBerry, so they don't include it in the wipe. BlackBerry don't even let you install apps to the media card either for security reasons.

Of course you can encrypt the media card if you know you have something on there you don't want others to see if they got hold of the card. Encrypting the media card comes with a catch though as if you security wipe the phone then you may as well have wiped the media card because it will be rendered unreadable. The phone will no longer be able to decrypt it so you'd have to format it and start again.

I think that bears emphasis. Yes, the decryption code is created in Internal Memory and is LOST when a security wipe is done or when an AUTOLOADER is used to install an OS.
    12-07-14 08:11 PM
    Security wipes don't wipe the media card, just the internal storage.
    Then it doesn't really protect user data. If you lose the phone and wipe it remotely nothing should remain on any storage.
    12-07-14 08:25 PM
    Then it doesn't really protect user data. If you lose the phone and wipe it remotely nothing should remain on any storage.
    I keep "personal" data in INTERNAL storage and the phone is password protected. Someone tries to break in and that data goes poof! My sd card contains data that does not need security, Bach, Brahms, Dylan and such, photos (all tame), pdf manuals, stuff that does not need to be secure. BUT if you want the card to be secure it can be encrypted. Removed from the phone, it is useless. In the phone you need the password. A security wipe will eliminate access to the card for strangers and the owner. So it is pretty secure if you want it to be.
    12-08-14 12:52 AM
    Your photos are personal information. BlackBerry is offering you to store photos on SD when it detects SD card present. Stored on internal memory, if the phone dies for some reason, you lose them all. If your photos are stored on unencrypted SD, you just remove the card and insert it on your other/next phone. How is BlackBerry protecting you in case your phone is lost or stolen?
    12-08-14 06:50 AM
    That's what the option to encrypt the media card is for. The encrypted media card can only be read by the phone with the instance of the OS it was encrypted with. Wipe the phone, or autoload an OS, and the encrypted media card is rendered useless.

12-08-14 09:04 PM
    That's what the option to encrypt the media card is for.
    Encrypting SD is looking for trouble. Again, if the phone dies, you lose all information. No chance to read it on another device, no chance to make an attempt to recover information on failing SD (computer is needed). Very few people encrypt the SD just because it's not convenient. Security wipe does nothing to protect contents in most common SD use.
    12-09-14 07:33 PM
    Have you found a solution for the System drain yet?

5hr battery drain-4.png
    12-21-14 05:41 PM
    Have you found a solution for the System drain yet?
    No System drain here, hence not looking for a solution.
    12-21-14 05:47 PM
43 12