My original thread offended many users of a different brand, and while I thought this forum would be more pro blackberry I was surprised to find that this isn't the case.

Anyways I have revised the list and removed reference to the unspecified company or its product.

Here are 50 reasons you can't go wrong with a blackberry z10 purchase.

01. The z10 isn't a slightly refreshed model of a previous phone.
    02. No physical home button.
    03. Removable battery.
    04. Expandable storage.
    05. Touch on lense screen technology.
    06. Micro HDMI port.
    07. Universal charging port/cable.
    08. NFC capable because it's 2013.
    09. GLO algorithm display dimming tech
    10. Antennas are safely inside the phone, not outside so you will never potentially "hold it wrong".
    11. The browser is HTML.
    12. Notification light - because we're not telepathic yet and can't predict what our phone is doing 30 feet away.
    13. Incredibly organized HUB all in one message place.
    14. Active frames - display real time data.
    15. Real multi tasking - not fake Multitasking like having to exit an app tapping home button twice and opening another one while the other app takes a break.
    16. Active browser continues playing videos and sound when minimized.
    17. Actionable Toast notifications reply directly to instant notifications.
    18. Plug and play, drag drop files into the z10 from your computer without syncing software.
    19. 2 GB ram works efficiently with QNX
    20. Z10 has 30% more battery life than a certain competitor.
    21. Bigger battery 1880 mah compared to some competitors.
    22. FLASH on the browser, it's 2013 browsers should be truly mobile.
    23. Z10 has Around 40% higher resolution screen, 1280x768 than some competitors.
    24. Z10 has Around 10% crisper display of text, images and video, 355 PPI.
    25. 4.2 " crisp screen, bigger than some competitors.
    26. Z10 has a Higher theoretical max data transfer speeds over cell networks (more than 4x faster), HSPA+ (84 mbps) vs LTE (80 mbps)
    27. Z10 Supports wireless payment and other transactions using NFC.
    28. Z10 has More powerful processor than some competitor phones.
    29. Z10 has a intuitive keyboard, probably the best virtual keyboard ever.
    30. Z10 has a 2MB PIXLE front facing camera.
    31. BlackBerry Balance for business users splits your personal and work lives.
    32. Notification sounds are professional - no dogs barking or annoying car noises.
    33. Z10 features the Swipe to unlock almost forgot how impressive this is because it's changed the way I look at any device, swipe killed the home button star.
    34. Z10 makes available time shift camera software, ingenious and very useful.
    35. Z10 has pin to pin messaging.
    36. Shared functionality between Apps.
    37. Directly store/download files to your phone to any directory from other devices or the Internet.
    38. QNX - efficient and incredible
    39. Lock screen previews of messages emails and notifications.
    40. Direct search function easily accessible and available - find anything on your phone quickly.
    41. Remote file access built into the OS with enhanced blackberry security.
    42. Zip and Unzip files directly on the phone, Built in feature.
    43. Wireless wifi file transfer and receiving.
    44. Z10 Supports more video formats than some competitors.
    45. We can side load android apps, it's a chameleon feature .
    46. Z10 can Speed dial, some phones don't.
    47. Z10 has Print to go, using Pin technology print documents directly to your device wirelessly.
    48. NFC file transfer - Some phones can't use this type of file transfer because their system is locked down.
    49. File storage directly on the device, can download whatever you want and save it in any directory.
    50. Natively built maps that won't lead you to canyons or lakes, unless you want to go to canyons or lakes.
    51. It has a priority hub that learns your communication style!!
    52. The CB10 app rocks on the z10!!
    53. BBM screen share
    54. Z10 Supports HD calling
    55. Bluetooth file transfer and I internet tethering - share your Internet with your tablet or laptop.

Long live Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zten; 08-27-13 at 09:09 AM.
    08-27-13 12:05 AM
    I like this post. Enthusiasm for BlackBerry is good right now!

I like seeing some happy threads around here!

You're missing reason #52 though... the CB10 app on the Z10 rocks! Get it here if you don't have it yet... BlackBerry World - CB10
    08-27-13 12:25 AM
    50 and counting There's more reasons coming all the time. A new leak almost every week and exciting updates around the corner. This list needs to be available at the fingertips for inquiring minds.
    Good work zten.

- aBBuser
    08-27-13 12:26 AM
    50 and counting There's more reasons coming all the time. A new leak almost every week and exciting updates around the corner. This list needs to be available at the fingertips for inquiring minds.
    Good work zten.

- aBBuser
    The more you use this phone the more you notice what you are missing on other platforms one hell of a device.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:36 AM
    This is more appropriate for a positive post, zten. The others were too 'In Your Face' and we've had too many food fights started, lately. We aren't looking to ban you, or anyone, for that matter. Communication is a key, and the fact is, more members can communicate without rubbing posts in others' faces, the better off we will all be.

On that note I will remind those wishing to keep the thread going, be respectful and allow this grow.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-27-13 at 12:48 AM.
    kbz1960, Blacklatino and shaleem like this.
    08-27-13 12:36 AM
    I like this post. Enthusiasm for BlackBerry is good right now!

I like seeing some happy threads around here!

You're missing reason #52 though... the CB10 app on the Z10 rocks! Get it here if you don't have it yet... BlackBerry World - CB10
    Wow I didn't expect this quite the honor! Thanks and I added it!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-27-13 12:45 AM
    Wow I didn't expect this quite the honor! Thanks and I added it!

Posted via CB10
    Sweet! Ok, next mission.. grow that list to 100! Or maybe 110... seems more fitting. I'll add another one..

#53 - BBM Screen sharing. I lovez it. I needz it.
    08-27-13 01:03 AM
    #54. Inbuilt HDR camera function (From 10.1)

Powered by BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-2/10.1.0.4633)
    08-27-13 01:29 AM
    #55 os leaks to play with.

I enjoy loading different leak on my z10 and try-out the difference
    08-27-13 01:44 AM
    Toast instant replies (unless we are only doing officially released OS items)

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 01:46 AM
    #57. Changeable back cover, makes Z10 more good-looking.

Powered by BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-2/10.1.0.4633)
    08-27-13 01:52 AM
    That's more like it. Good post. I'm looking at Z30
    08-27-13 01:59 AM
    #58 BB10 is a developer friendly environment, easy to make and/or porting apps from another platform, even newbies can do that.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-27-13 02:00 AM
    #59 Supports HD Calling

#60 Ergonomic Design
    08-27-13 02:03 AM
    Meh, the Z10 biggest problem is that it a midrange phone at best, selling at a premium price.
    That's a big reason why it's floundering in the market and people aren't buying it.

And as for the list, I really dont see much on there, a handful of things at best, that objectively make it "a great buy".

The rest of it is a mix of stuff that every other phone has ("more powerful processor", wireless printing, file transfer), some stuff that doesn't matter (pretty much every point on your list you had to add "out of the box" or "built into the OS" to, because people pointed out other phones could do the same) and finally some stuff that YOU think is a benefit, but that many other people either don't care about, or actually DISLIKE or avoid. (like NFC, SD expansion, hdmi port, removable battery).

It's nice that you like your Z10 and all, but at the current price there aren't many people who'd call it a "great buy". You should really rename that list to 50+ things why I like my Z10...
    rnhld and 21stNow like this.
    #61 the picture says it all
    50+ Reasons a Z10 is a great buy.-img_20130830.png

Posted via CB10
    Whether they're enough of a game changer to get people to move to this OS or not, it's hard to argue with most of the list. Must have taken some time, and I can't disagree with the points.

Well, except for
    38 - QNX, efficient and incredible
    Sorry, can't agree with that, still, I was expecting to disagree with a lot more than just one point! Well done OP
    08-27-13 02:13 AM
    Meh, the Z10 biggest problem is that it a midrange phone at best, selling at a premium price.
    [...] and finally some stuff that YOU think is a benefit, but that many other people either don't care about, or actually DISLIKE or avoid. (like NFC, SD expansion, hdmi port, removable battery).

It's nice that you like your Z10 and all, but at the current price there aren't many people who'd call it a "great buy". You should really rename that list to 50+ things why I like my Z10...
    Midrange is not correct. Compared to a successful competitor with a fruit it's not at all midrange. And lower in price.
    NFC, ok... but how can SD card and removable battery be something to DISLIKE or avoid? It's both extra value wich you are not forced to use.

And about the title. You wouldn't ask for a change if you knew the original.
    This title is very good and 100% correct because it's not blaming competitors for missing features. I like the positive approach!

Posted via CB10
    MrMousey, sk8er_tor and maddie1128 like this.
    08-27-13 02:31 AM
    That's a big reason why it's floundering in the market and people aren't buying it.

And as for the list, I really dont see much on there, a handful of things at best, that objectively make it "a great buy".

The rest of it is a mix of stuff that every other phone has ("more powerful processor", wireless printing, file transfer), some stuff that doesn't matter (pretty much every point on your list you had to add "out of the box" or "built into the OS" to, because people pointed out other phones could do the same) and finally some stuff that YOU think is a benefit, but that many other people either don't care about, or actually DISLIKE or avoid. (like NFC, SD expansion, hdmi port, removable battery).

Ahh, did it occur to you that the Z10 is a premium phone? The reason it's price the way it is is to compete with the iPhone. The Z30 would be probably be around the same price as the S4 when it releases.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    08-27-13 02:52 AM
    Midrange is not correct. Compared to a successful competitor with a fruit it's not at all midrange. And lower in price.
    NFC, ok... but how can SD card and removable battery be something to DISLIKE or avoid? It's both extra value wich you are not forced to use.

This title is very good and 100% correct because it's not blaming competitors for missing features. I like the positive approach!

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with you re battery and NFC it makes it more mind boggling that the Z30 supposedly has a sealed battery.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-27-13 02:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Its made of cheap materials, with a CPU that was starting to look dated when it came out, an average camera and a 720p screen. Sorry, but compared with an HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4 it's a midrange device.

Just look at the Moto X. It has very similar specs, better actually, and is touted as a midrange phone.

As for removable SD, it's slower than internal memory. You're also limited to the 16GB internal space for Apps and games, whereas when you get an HTC One or iphone5 with 32gb space, you can use all of that space for apps. An SD card is only for music and movies.

Having a non removable battery usually makes the phone thinner and lighter, and makes it possible to use premium materials like glass, steel or aluminum.
    mikeo007 and Mr.Willie like this.
    08-27-13 03:27 AM
    Its made of cheap materials, with a CPU that was starting to look dated when it came out, an average camera and a 720p screen. Sorry, but compared with an HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4 it's a midrange device.

Just look at the Moto X. It has very similar specs, better actually, and is touted as a midrange phone.

As for removable SD, it's slower than internal memory. You're also limited to the 16GB internal space for Apps and games, whereas when you get an HTC One or iphone5 with 32gb space, you can use all of that space for apps. An SD card is only for music and movies.

Having a non removable battery usually makes the phone thinner and lighter, and makes it possible to use premium materials like glass, steel or aluminum.
    So just because it's not made with metal it's not a premium phone? Why does that even matter?

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and DoktorFace like this.
    08-27-13 04:24 AM
    So just because it's not made with metal it's not a premium phone? Why does that even matter?

Posted via CB10
    Not strictly speaking no. You can have premium phones that are made of plastic, but metal is a premium material, and makes a high end phone even more high end.

Let me put it this way: You don't HAVE to use a premium material on a high end phone. But you never see it being used outside of high end phones.
    08-27-13 04:32 AM

What do we need more than 16 gig internal flash drive for, other than images and music, or documents? That's why a SD does the job for less money than internal flash. You will not notice the difference in speed in your daily work. Plus it offers additional safety when it comes to defects. I don't get this argument at all. It may be a kind of taste thing, but technically this is an advantage.

The Z10 doesn't feel thick, so I guess the potential reduction of let's say 1-3 millimeters is not a high priority.
    The flexibility you have with SD and changeable Battery is a big plus even if the back cover has to be plastic.
    I get your point but after all the Z10 is a highly balanced, extremely flexible device and all the "out-of-the-box" features work together in a way that makes it a great buy. It's not a single-great-feature-device but a really powerful and easy-to-use tool for daily work. Just because every feature works together with other features so well.

Posted via CB10
    BBG10 likes this.
    08-27-13 05:33 AM
    Lets not drift into another argumentative thread folks. Keep on adding positives about the Z.

My favorite feature to wow the unsuspecting. Handing my phone to someone, so they can take a group photo while I'm out and about. Have it set to timeshift, and watch the reaction when they look at what's in the screen.
    08-27-13 07:40 AM
219 123 ...