Buying an iPhone based only on the fact that many other people have it is jumping into an overheated housing market because everyone thinks it will. Rise and fall with the herd.
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    04-07-13 02:39 AM
    Buying an iPhone based only on the fact that many other people have it is jumping into an overheated housing market because everyone thinks it will. Rise and fall with the herd.
    What a ridiculous analogy. So you think people are buying houses because everyone else is? People buy homes because they want to own something and people buy phones because there is a lot of support behind certain devices. These two things have nothing to do with each other. The fact that someone thanked you for the post is mind blowing
    brucep1, mset and ihys like this.
    04-07-13 11:27 PM
    I'll say again IPhone is for teenagers, nothing special, not multifunctional even. If you like spend all the time on Facebook or any other social network and big fan of everything with I, yes that is for you.

Posted via BB Z10
    04-07-13 11:49 PM
    Got my Z10 from Verizon in the mail on thursday. And tomorrow morning I am exchanging it for an iphone 5. (was previous iphone 4 user) I've been anxiously counting the days and months waiting for this phone, pre ordered in white, bought it a fancy case and screen protector, but I hate it. I liked it for about two days, but once the new factor wore off, and after it kept turning itself off and rebooting for no reason-6 times within 3.5 days- I can't do it. I hate texting on it, I thought I messed up on the iOS keyboard a lot, but boy was I wrong! I tried all ways of texting also, in letter, in column, or off, and I just hate it. I think the UI is smooth, and I really like the concept behind the software, gesture based is very nice, but I just hate it. No apps that I like, and the ones I did download from app world didn't even work (literally, didn't work), and I hate that you can't simply touch a place in text, "select all" or copy paste simply, it always did it in the wrong place, and would drop the keyboard. I don't know, I am sorry, I really tried to like it, even went to return it and changed my mind in the store to try again, but I'm having apple withdrawals, I even went so far as to turn on imessage on my 4 and text from it (90% of the people who text me or who I text have iphones) and I wiped the BB today to return it, but apparently Easter is now christmas and everything was closed. Sorry to disappoint you guys, honestly I almost even bought the 9930 instead on saturday but the browser was too slow. I think I went back to BB expecting it to be like my BB of old that I missed, but it wasn't. I mean, you can't even change the font! you can't on iOS either, but on my old pearl and curve, that was a feature I loved. I thought about waiting for the Q10, but decided I just dislike the look of the software too much, the hub is kind of ugly , and honestly I never got my emails until about 12 hours after my ipad got them on its Mail app, which isn't even the greatest. I know, I'm a traitor, but iphone, here I come!
    Thanks for posting this. You have precisely expressed my feelings! I too will be returning mine tomorrow!
    04-08-13 12:03 AM
    I switched back to my nexus 4. BTW security wiping a Z10 takes almost 45mins. F..ing ridiculous

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-08-13 12:10 AM
    Maybe it is 45 minutes because it is a more secure and thorough wipe which will leave no traces of what important things were on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:35 AM
    Well, my Z10 has found a new home. I will be sorry to see it go, but I won't miss having to think of workarounds for a lot of things. Nudge me when they iron out all the kinks.
    04-08-13 01:34 AM
    why so many people have problems with this device now, we didn't have few weeks ago when it wasn't on the US market.

Posted via BB Z10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-08-13 02:48 AM
    What a ridiculous analogy. So you think people are buying houses because everyone else is? People buy homes because they want to own something and people buy phones because there is a lot of support behind certain devices. These two things have nothing to do with each other. The fact that someone thanked you for the post is mind blowing
    This is exactly how it works. Apple products aren't that good, but they have very good PR. Why so many people buy this phone, it hasn't been changed since IPhone 1. Once, they changed colour on white and people gone mad si don't tell me this isn't crazy.

Posted via BB Z10
    04-08-13 02:57 AM
    None. I had literally 5 accounts banned in one day at one point when I was posting helpful info. There was no reason given or anything. I had to contact site admins to stop it. I'm guessing some of the mods on these forums are a little overzealous.
    Not really - I've read many of your posts.
    04-08-13 05:37 AM
    Some people complain about random reboots, some complain about battery life; a (very) few complain about the keyboard. The OP complains about virtually everything that could be an issue with a Z10, all in one phone. I have had 3 Z10's, and not one of them had any of these issues. All 3 were exactly the same and performed exactly the same way. Battery is not quite the 9900, but not that far off. Never had a single reboot I didn't initiate, and keyboard blows IOS and Android away.

I seriously have to wonder about a poster with all of 8 posts who seems to have every single issue a Z10 could have, all in one phone...just sayin'...
    04-08-13 05:43 AM
    Z10 FTW

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-08-13 06:11 AM
    Dear OP

I don't care. You could have been on your way to the Crapple store if you had wasted your time with your anecdotal personal experiences about you and your z10.

I for one am going to log into every apple forum now to look out for more exciting updates about your personal experiences of the iPhone 5 keyboard and battery and all the wonderful apps that your going to use that I don't care about.

Can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-08-13 06:34 AM
    I have been using BB since my 8330 Curve. Latest one before the Z10 was the 9930. I loved that thing. Everything worked and it was rock solid. But the OS was stale and Android phones were awesome. So I went to Android, but hung on waiting for BB to release the Z10 because I was sure that BB would do their usual awesome job. They did, everyone raved so I got one. First I downloaded Kindle. I kind of worked but was an android port. Then I found I couldn't get to the menu without lots of hassle turning off radio, rebooting, turning on radio. OK, I can live with that once. The apps are thin on the ground but fair enough - I expected that. I knew that if the platform performed it would attract the apps. Meanwhile what was there was fine and I could live with it. All I really need is text, phone, nav and Kindle. But then it started rebooting. OK, it's a new platform and new OS. I will contact BB and see what they say. Oh, wait. All you can do is twitter them. Nice. So, here is the situation - I need a reliable phone. I don't have one with the Z10. The Z10 goes back and I am very much hoping to revisit it when it gets sorted. But I also have a Playbook and while it's more stable, the apps never came for it. And it's been what, going on two years? So I'm sorry to post like this in an obvious Z10 fan spot - believe me, I have been pulling for and defending BB for a long time. And I am out of patience. I will let the more enthusiastic folks hammer out the issues I guess, and hope it does get sorted,

Meanwhile, back at the Note 2 I find myself swiping at things and wondering why the heck nothing happens or, worse, something happens that shouldn't. Swiping got to be a habit real fast. OS10 is awesome - I love how it works. But I don't love the problems with it. And I am not going to wade through having to post 160 character twitters to get a major problem resolved.

And for the people who don't like these types of posts - bummer. They are legitimate posts. Not everyone has to be a cheerleader for BB here. And if someone dislikes the platform enough to abandon it, someone who is researching the device - as I did - deserves to know both the pros and cons of it. I like phones of all types - android, iOS, and I will continue to watch THIS forum since I will be interested in how it progresses. So far most members seem helpful and excited about it - it's a pleasure to read. Your comments about your dislike of these posts is unnecessary and frankly rather childish. I have valid reasons for leaving the platform as does the OP. And both the good and bad should be presented here. One can only hope that BB is paying at least some passing interest in these forums, although that's doubtful.
    04-08-13 06:59 AM
    Dear OP

I don't care. You could have been on your way to the Crapple store if you had wasted your time with your anecdotal personal experiences about you and your z10.

I for one am going to log into every apple forum now to look out for more exciting updates about your personal experiences of the iPhone 5 keyboard and battery and all the wonderful apps that your going to use that I don't care about.

Can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    What a childish reaction. Did the op insult your mom?
    04-08-13 07:36 AM
    Childish actions often triggers childish reactions. The op posted his garbage here and moved on so its time we all do and start ignoring post similar to this one. A blind man can see that this was TROLLING
    04-08-13 08:19 AM
    Some people complain about random reboots, some complain about battery life; a (very) few complain about the keyboard. The OP complains about virtually everything that could be an issue with a Z10, all in one phone. I have had 3 Z10's, and not one of them had any of these issues. All 3 were exactly the same and performed exactly the same way. Battery is not quite the 9900, but not that far off. Never had a single reboot I didn't initiate, and keyboard blows IOS and Android away.

I seriously have to wonder about a poster with all of 8 posts who seems to have every single issue a Z10 could have, all in one phone...just sayin'...
    Years ago I came to CB to learn about my BlackBerry Pearl because I was having issues. That's often why people come here.

Now I really like the z10, I sold my gs3 for it, but I have had the random reboot. The keyboard is good, but it disappears sometimes. And it doesn't blow away any keyboard on Android away. It is a heavily skinned android keyboard. SwiftKey to be exact.

I get being a fan but there have been some issues with the phone. Post count doesn't mean squat.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:40 AM
    Maybe it is 45 minutes because it is a more secure and thorough wipe which will leave no traces of what important things were on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    It is wiping FLASH STORAGE and only 16gb of it at that... of which I had 900mb total used.

I can 5 times overwrite a 40gb HD over sata in 35mins.. for example...
    04-08-13 11:13 AM
    None. I had literally 5 accounts banned in one day at one point when I was posting helpful info. There was no reason given or anything. I had to contact site admins to stop it. I'm guessing some of the mods on these forums are a little overzealous.
    Not really - I've read many of your posts.
    LOL! Oh and make that 6 times now:
    BannedForNoReason2

Banned
    04-12-13 12:39 AM
    LOL! Oh and make that 6 times now:

Like we didn't see that coming.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:48 AM
    you're just a hater lol !!
    04-12-13 05:08 AM

I had 3 from ATT and all 3 had a bad reboot issue, I now have an Iphone 5. I don't like it but it works all the time. On all 3 Z10s (I got them one at a time not all 3 at once) the battery lasted forme, a very long time and everything about the OS was very fast and i loved the keyboard. They just would not quit rebooting! The first one i had i installed a few apps from the AW and had a SD card installed. It rebooted even after a wipe and no apps or SD card installed. The next 2 were left just as they came out of the box and they rebooted 4-6 times a day. Not good. I really want the Z10 but i have to have a phone that works now. I have 1 of my lines coming up for an upgrade in June and might be able to get the upgrade in May so, maybe it is just a software problem and i'll try the Z10 again if the reboot issue is fixed by then. I know that BB10 is a brand new OS and all but, I shouldn't have to go through 3 different phones and wait on updates that may or may not fix the issue on a phone that i have to commit 2 yrs to. Oh, and before anyone says anything about my low post count, you can look at my profile and see that i have been a member of CB for a long time and have used BBs forever, I just don't post that much. Also, for all the posters saying things like "I have 3 Z10s and have never had a reboot and my battery last forever so you people stating that you have problems with yours are lying" is BS. Thats like me saying that since i have had 3 Z10s and they all had the reboot issue, that everyone has the reboot issue.
    Last edited by Buckoni; 04-12-13 at 05:21 AM.
    mset likes this.
    04-12-13 05:10 AM
    Got my Z10 from Verizon in the mail on thursday. And tomorrow morning I am exchanging it for an iphone 5. (was previous iphone 4 user) I've been anxiously counting the days and months waiting for this phone, pre ordered in white, bought it a fancy case and screen protector, but I hate it. I liked it for about two days, but once the new factor wore off, and after it kept turning itself off and rebooting for no reason-6 times within 3.5 days- I can't do it. I hate texting on it, I thought I messed up on the iOS keyboard a lot, but boy was I wrong! I tried all ways of texting also, in letter, in column, or off, and I just hate it. I think the UI is smooth, and I really like the concept behind the software, gesture based is very nice, but I just hate it. No apps that I like, and the ones I did download from app world didn't even work (literally, didn't work), and I hate that you can't simply touch a place in text, "select all" or copy paste simply, it always did it in the wrong place, and would drop the keyboard. I don't know, I am sorry, I really tried to like it, even went to return it and changed my mind in the store to try again, but I'm having apple withdrawals, I even went so far as to turn on imessage on my 4 and text from it (90% of the people who text me or who I text have iphones) and I wiped the BB today to return it, but apparently Easter is now christmas and everything was closed. Sorry to disappoint you guys, honestly I almost even bought the 9930 instead on saturday but the browser was too slow. I think I went back to BB expecting it to be like my BB of old that I missed, but it wasn't. I mean, you can't even change the font! you can't on iOS either, but on my old pearl and curve, that was a feature I loved. I thought about waiting for the Q10, but decided I just dislike the look of the software too much, the hub is kind of ugly , and honestly I never got my emails until about 12 hours after my ipad got them on its Mail app, which isn't even the greatest. I know, I'm a traitor, but iphone, here I come!
    Thanks for the post! Ciao, and enjoy your iPhone. My iPhone 5 is now being used a GARAGE MEDIA player and that is where it is staying. Keyboard on iPhone sucks balls. PERIOD
    04-12-13 06:55 AM
223 ... 789