It's sad and funny the the iphone 5 is a slight refresh of the iphone 4.

Posted via CB10
    I really wish you would quit bringing that up when BBRY was on the same OS for years every new phone was refresh of the old. Slightly
    08-26-13 10:30 AM
    I admit that it was popular and the the popularity declined. Thats what you were
    Talking about.

The iphone 5 is inferior by all means I'm 2013.

Posted via CB10
    No. What you said was popular doesn't mean it's better.
    08-26-13 10:34 AM
    I really wish you would quit bringing that up when BBRY was on the same OS for years every new phone was refresh of the old. Slightly
    The Bold 9900 was TOTALLY different than the 9000! And the Curve 9360 was in no way similar to the 8500 series...and the 9700 series were all totally different! I mean really, how can you not see that?!?! /sarcasm

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    kbz1960 and 21stNow like this.
    08-26-13 10:35 AM
    I guess he was really expecting the next Z will have a big jump like the Z10 from the old BBOS. He will conveniently forget what he said about iPhone iterations.
    kbz1960 and Blacklatino like this.
    08-26-13 10:35 AM
    Stupid thread peddling subjective cases as to how Z10 is better than iPhone....

Please address issue as to how the iPhone managed to sell 117.3 million, in 2013 alone, compared to BlackBerry initially "hiding how many Blackberry 10 devices sold"--well a of June 2013, 2.7 million???

If what some say here are that those who uses iPhones have 1 digit IQ's, I'd like to know who uses a BB10 device besides Leonardo DiCaprio. I don't think he has a low IQ, but i certainly think he's one of the only notable ones who uses BB10. Oh and Alicia Keys--she smart. Close out of CB and take a look at reality. Come to NYC and see all the phones that are being used--70-80% are iPhones, depending which area, and if you think they all have 1-digit IQs, you must be smoking crack. Given those numbers, not all of them are going to run to you an tell you what their IQ numbers are get it?

To debate at that level itself constitutes a low IQ debate, if not a subjective one. "I pick up phone an it doesn't do what I do so it's a fail"? Get the heck outa here. Otherwise, prove it in the numbers and quit smearing other platforms or people to boost your ego. I frequent here because I enjoy my Z10. Those at iMore don't have that problem as you folks have here as if you have something you're trying to prove its petty.

Failure to discern what is subjective and objective can also be construed as low IQ or childish. If you think you're so smart, then go apply for a job at BlackBerry and maybe bring them back to where they once were?

Mods LOCK THIS THREAD.

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    21stNow and Blacklatino like this.
    08-26-13 10:37 AM
    consumers don�t need 45 reasons, why product A is better than product B - they only need ONE reason
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-26-13 10:40 AM
    Do high IQ people using insult word like this to defend their favorite brand? I am also an iOS hater but i can't stand when someone insult other people base on their phone. Maybe you live in another world where Doctor, Teacher, Pilot, and half of the world are all dumb but you who is truly intelligent.
    Have to agree with this. if someone has to resort to a low IQ (of all things!) to shoot down a brand, isn't it telling about the IQ of that person?
    Donvald likes this.
    08-26-13 10:41 AM
    I posted 45 reasons why the z10 is better than the iphone 5, it's not my fault you pay 699.99 for incremental upgrades on your iPhone and you have to come to an blackberry forum to make your self feel better about your purchases .
    Posted via CB10
    Ooh! Burn!
    bradu1 likes this.
    08-26-13 10:43 AM
    Didn't read the whole thread (in case somebody else mentioned it), but you could add every way that the BES can administer and control the Z10.
    08-26-13 10:45 AM
    consumers don�t need 45 reasons, why product A is better than product B - they only need ONE reason
    This is true, but that one reason comes from a long list of features and factors of how the OS is laid out.
    08-26-13 10:46 AM
    Because it points out that the iphone 5 is a inferior device.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, I wasn't going to do this but allow me to be devils advocate. I own both phones so will give my retort to this thread:

01. The z10 isn't a slightly refreshed model of an previous phone - I get it you guys got 250mb ram on the 3gs, 500mb on the 4 and a whole 1GB on the 5, thats dangerously innovative watch out for those guys at apple. How Could it be anything but that? Its a new phone on a new operating system. The iP5 isn't a refresh, its a whole new phone. And where the hell were you when Blackberry was releasing Bold after Bold after Bold and Torch after Torch and Curve after curve - Oh lets put a trackpad on it and call it new.
    02. No need for a home button, because it's 2013 and we don't need buttons. Steve Jobs eliminated all buttons except the home button, guess blackberry had to innovate that for him. This argument is so lame. Pushing a home button or swiping the screen is all an action that you have to do. Because a phone doesn't have a home button doesn't make it better, only different.
    03. Removable battery. The Z10 has to have a removable battery because the battery life is horrible and so is the charging time.
    04. Expandable storage. Again lame, because on the iPhone you can store apps on the entire storage of the phone and aren't limited to the 16GB that Blackberry gives you for apps.
    04(a). File storage directly on the device, can download whatever you want and save it in any directory. I can do this on my iPhone through as app called goodreader. I don't care if its an app, it is there for me to use and backs it up on the cloud.
    05. Touch on lense screen technology. - That is a gamechanger for the buying public let me tell you / sarcasm
    06. Micro HDMI port. - So what? You can get an adapter for the iPhone if you want one. Also if you have Apple TV you can do all of it wirelessly without the need for any type of port and you can mirror your device on your TV and not just watch movies.
    07. Universal charging port/cable. - Again who cares. If you buy an iPhone you get a charger with it. I didn't hear people screaming when they had to throw out their USB cables when they went to micro. Was Apple never supposed to change their charger? Their new charger is better and will eventually become the standard. Not to mention the port on the Z10 is in a terrible spot if you are charging your phone and want to use it.
    08. NFC capable because it's 2013. - NFC isn't widely used. Most people have no use for it right now.
    09. GLO algorithm display dimming tech - Again another huge selling point / sarcasm
    10. Antennas are safely inside the phone, not outside so you will never potentially "hold it wrong". - Where the hell have you been? That was fixed two models ago with the iPhone. That's like me saying - Blackberry's suck at web browsing and referring to the old models of the Blackberry. That problem doesn't exist anymore.
    11. The browser is HTML. - Again, not a selling feature. The iPhone's web browser is equally as good as the Z10's (minus flash) and still renders pages better where the Z10 screws up the font.
    12. Notification light - because we're not telepathic yet and can't predict what our phone is doing 30 feet away. - I won't argue that one, except that it doesn't seem to matter to most people.
    13. Incredibly organized HUB all in one message place. - iOS has the Notification Center which does the exact same thing.
    13(a). It has a priority hub that learns your communication style! - I guess, but it doesn't make it better, just different.
    14. Active frames - display real time data. - Again this is a personal preference and imo doesn't make it better, only different.
    15. Real multi tasking - not fake Multitasking like having to exit an app tapping home button twice and opening another one while the other app takes a break.. 2013 Apple let's go. - Apple's multitasking is fine. You people act like apps close when you minimize them. They don't, they stay open until you open them again. If I start an email and minimize it it doesn't shut down that email and close the app, it suspends it until I open it up again and its right where I left off.
    16. Active browser continues playing videos and sound when minimized. - Who cares - If I'm watching a video then I want to see it.
    17. Actionable Toast notifications reply directly to instant notifications. - I don't even know what that means but I guess I'll give that one to you.
    18. Plug and play, drag drop files into the z10 from your computer without syncing software. - Then why is their Blackberry link?
    19. 2 GB ram instead of the undisclosed 1 GB the iphone has, more ram is better it's 2013 more is better ask android users sorry don't care how efficient your os is. - That is meaningless. BB has already said that BB10 requires 2GB of ram to function. So because the Z10 needs 2GB of RAM to function and the iPhone doesn't that makes it better?
    20. Z10 has 30% more battery life than iPhone - That is a complete joke. The Z10's batter life is terrible and has been documented numerous times on here. Even in the review of the device Kevin questioned the battery they put in the Z10 because it won't last.
    21. Bigger battery 1880 mah compared to 1440 on the iphone. - Again a laughable point.
    22. FLASH on the browser, it's 2013 browsers should be truly mobile that means flash sorry Lulpple - Why? I don't and most people could give a rats *** about flash on the browser. It runs through the battery and most sites are optimized to not use it. BB already tried to market that with the Playbook and guess what, the buying public didn't care.
    23. Z10 has Around 40% higher resolution screen, 1280x768 vs 1136 vs the iphone 5. - You can have that one but its splitting hairs because the screen on the iPhone is considered the benchmark for what other phones are compared to.
    24. Z10 has Around 10% crisper display of text, images and video, 355 PPI vs 325 PPI - Wow, another huge selling point! Again, all phones displays are compared to the standard, which is the iPhone.
    25. More than 10% larger screen, 4.2" vs 4.0" - This doesn't make it better, just different. Some people don't want a huge screen.
    26. Z10 has a Higher theoretical max data transfer speeds over cell networks (more than 4x faster), HSPA+ (84 mbps) vs LTE (80 mbps) - Theoretical and completely useless unless can actually be attained.
    27. Z10 Supports wireless payment and other transactions using NFC because it's 2013 and that's what people do. - You've already listed NFC so this is a repeat. And again, NFC isn't used widely enough for anyone to care.
    28. Z10 has More powerful processor, snappier and more responsive (around 20% faster), 1.5 GHz vs 1.3 GHz on the iphone. - That is debatable. Both phones are are fast and there is no lag or stutter on the iPhone. Let's compare opening up the settings app on each phone though and see who's lags?
    29. Z10 has a intuitive keyboard, probably the best virtual keyboard ever. - It does have a great keyboard I won't dispute that.
    30. Z10 has a 2MB PIXLE front facing camera iphone 5 has 1.2MB - If you know anything about photography then you should know that megapixels don't mean anything.
    31. BlackBerry Balance for business users splits your personal and work lives. - This again is personal preference and is only different, not better.
    32. Notification sounds are professional - no dogs barking or annoying car noises. - LOL, ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THIS ONE? This notifications that BB included are terrible. iOS has pleny of professional ones as well as the ones you mentioned. At least apple is mixing it up a little and besides you can put whatever notification you want on either phone. THIS IS YOUR WORST POINT SO FAR.
    33. Z10 features the Swipe to unlock almost forgot how impressive this is because it's changed the way I look at any device, swipe killed the home button star. - Again, a swipe or a push of a button its all the same. Not to mention the tons of threads that tell people to turn off swipe to unlock because it saves the abysmal battery of the Z10 - Again, not better, just different.
    34. Z10 makes available time shift camera software, ingenious and very useful. - Its a nice feature, but in no way does it make it better. The iPhone's overall camera is better than the Z10 so you really kind of lose that one.
    35. Z10 has pin to pin messaging. - Who cares, so outdated and no one uses it.
    36. Shared functionality between Apps - You'll have to expand on that one.
    37. Directly store/download files to your phone to any directory from other devices or the Internet - apple won't let you do this. - I don't know what you mean here so I won't comment.
    38. QNX - efficient and incredible - iOS, efficient and incredible. See what I did there - Again, personal preference.
    39. Lock screen previews of messages emails and notifications. - UMMM IOS HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS NOW AND YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO TO THE MESSAGES FROM THE LOCKSCREEN.[/B]
    40. Direct search function easily accessible and available - find anything on your phone quickly. - MY OH MY - iOS also has this and has for years.
    41. Remote file access built into the OS with enhanced blackberry security. - This is true, but I can do the same with an app. I don't care if its an app I can still do it and that is all that matters.
    42. Zip and Unzip files directly on the phone, can't do that on IPhone 5. - True point.
    43. Wireless wifi file transfer, apple doesn't approve. - How? I can wirelessly send files to my iPhone through iTunes. Again you are misinformed.
    43(a). NFC file transfer - Oops they don't even have NFC, they could never use it because their file system is locked down. - AGAIN WITH THE NFC?
    44. Z10 Supports more video formats than iPhone 5. - I'll take your word for it but I can run any format I've ever tried on the iPhone.
    45. We can side load android apps, it's a chameleon feature . - Not a feature, a necessity. Without that there would be no decent or popular apps. Not to mention most of the sideloads are fully functional. That's besides the point, any app that you want in Android is on iOS so why would that be a feature?
    46. Z10 can Speed dial, iPhone 5 can't because dialing and phone use is secondary to Apple, slashing fruit is first. - Yes you can speed dial so that is a feature.
    47. Z10 has Print to go, using Pin technology print documents directly to your device wirelessly. - WHERE THE F HAVE YOU BEEN? THE IPHONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO WIRELESS PRINT FOR YEARS NOW.

There, I'm done.
    08-26-13 10:50 AM
    Didn't read the whole thread
    Oh, I'll give you a quick recap then...

ZTen posted a mildly amusing list of partly inaccurate/partly subjective reasons why he thinks his phone is better than an iPhone.
    People point out he's wrong and why he's wrong.
    ZTen explains how all reviewers are corrupt, and that everyone else (well, everyone who has an iPhone, which is close to half of all smartphone owners in some markets)
    People point out that its a flawed and ridiculous argument.
    ZTen more or less sticks his fingers in his ears and starts yelling "NANANANA I CAN'T HEAR YOU MY PHONE IS BEST NANANANA INCREMENTAL UPGRADES"

At this point the thread is mostly done I think, and deserves to be closed by the mods...
    08-26-13 11:00 AM
    Good and thorough response. Though IMHO it's the complete package that make the iPhone 5 a better phone. Going feature by feature like he did is misleading.

I did see this however, that's slightly wrong.

. 43. Wireless wifi file transfer, apple doesn't approve. - How? I can wirelessly send files to my iPhone through iTunes. Again you are misinformed.
    The iPhone5 can already transfer files wirelessly through apps right now. In ios7 it'll be built into the OS through Airdrop...
    08-26-13 11:06 AM
    I agree. Close this thread. The original post is a FAIL of biblical proportions. Time to move on.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    08-26-13 11:08 AM
    40 Reasons why iPhone is Better than Z10

1) Apps
    2) Apps
    3) Apps
    4) Apps
    5) Apps
    6) Apps
    7) Apps
    8) Apps
    9) Apps
    10) Apps
    11) Apps
    12) Apps
    13) Apps
    14) Apps
    15) Apps
    16) Apps
    17) Apps
    18) Apps
    19) Apps
    20) Apps
    21) Apps
    22) Apps
    23) Apps
    24) Apps
    25) Apps
    26) Apps
    27) Apps
    28) Apps
    29) Apps
    30) Apps
    31) Apps
    32) Apps
    33) Apps
    34) Apps
    35) Apps
    36) Apps
    37) Apps
    38) Apps
    39) Apps
    40) Siri

bradu1 likes this.
    08-26-13 11:10 AM
    you are the best

Ok, I wasn't going to do this but allow me to be devils advocate. I own both phones so will give my retort to this thread:

01. The z10 isn't a slightly refreshed model of an previous phone - I get it you guys got 250mb ram on the 3gs, 500mb on the 4 and a whole 1GB on the 5, thats dangerously innovative watch out for those guys at apple. How Could it be anything but that? Its a new phone on a new operating system. The iP5 isn't a refresh, its a whole new phone. And where the hell were you when Blackberry was releasing Bold after Bold after Bold and Torch after Torch and Curve after curve - Oh lets put a trackpad on it and call it new.
    02. No need for a home button, because it's 2013 and we don't need buttons. Steve Jobs eliminated all buttons except the home button, guess blackberry had to innovate that for him. This argument is so lame. Pushing a home button or swiping the screen is all an action that you have to do. Because a phone doesn't have a home button doesn't make it better, only different.
    03. Removable battery. The Z10 has to have a removable battery because the battery life is horrible and so is the charging time.
    04. Expandable storage. Again lame, because on the iPhone you can store apps on the entire storage of the phone and aren't limited to the 16GB that Blackberry gives you for apps.
    04(a). File storage directly on the device, can download whatever you want and save it in any directory. I can do this on my iPhone through as app called goodreader. I don't care if its an app, it is there for me to use and backs it up on the cloud.
    05. Touch on lense screen technology. - That is a gamechanger for the buying public let me tell you / sarcasm
    06. Micro HDMI port. - So what? You can get an adapter for the iPhone if you want one. Also if you have Apple TV you can do all of it wirelessly without the need for any type of port and you can mirror your device on your TV and not just watch movies.
    07. Universal charging port/cable. - Again who cares. If you buy an iPhone you get a charger with it. I didn't hear people screaming when they had to throw out their USB cables when they went to micro. Was Apple never supposed to change their charger? Their new charger is better and will eventually become the standard. Not to mention the port on the Z10 is in a terrible spot if you are charging your phone and want to use it.
    08. NFC capable because it's 2013. - NFC isn't widely used. Most people have no use for it right now.
    09. GLO algorithm display dimming tech - Again another huge selling point / sarcasm
    10. Antennas are safely inside the phone, not outside so you will never potentially "hold it wrong". - Where the hell have you been? That was fixed two models ago with the iPhone. That's like me saying - Blackberry's suck at web browsing and referring to the old models of the Blackberry. That problem doesn't exist anymore.
    11. The browser is HTML. - Again, not a selling feature. The iPhone's web browser is equally as good as the Z10's (minus flash) and still renders pages better where the Z10 screws up the font.
    12. Notification light - because we're not telepathic yet and can't predict what our phone is doing 30 feet away. - I won't argue that one, except that it doesn't seem to matter to most people.
    13. Incredibly organized HUB all in one message place. - iOS has the Notification Center which does the exact same thing.
    13(a). It has a priority hub that learns your communication style! - I guess, but it doesn't make it better, just different.
    14. Active frames - display real time data. - Again this is a personal preference and imo doesn't make it better, only different.
    15. Real multi tasking - not fake Multitasking like having to exit an app tapping home button twice and opening another one while the other app takes a break.. 2013 Apple let's go. - Apple's multitasking is fine. You people act like apps close when you minimize them. They don't, they stay open until you open them again. If I start an email and minimize it it doesn't shut down that email and close the app, it suspends it until I open it up again and its right where I left off.
    16. Active browser continues playing videos and sound when minimized. - Who cares - If I'm watching a video then I want to see it.
    17. Actionable Toast notifications reply directly to instant notifications. - I don't even know what that means but I guess I'll give that one to you.
    18. Plug and play, drag drop files into the z10 from your computer without syncing software. - Then why is their Blackberry link?
    19. 2 GB ram instead of the undisclosed 1 GB the iphone has, more ram is better it's 2013 more is better ask android users sorry don't care how efficient your os is. - That is meaningless. BB has already said that BB10 requires 2GB of ram to function. So because the Z10 needs 2GB of RAM to function and the iPhone doesn't that makes it better?
    20. Z10 has 30% more battery life than iPhone - That is a complete joke. The Z10's batter life is terrible and has been documented numerous times on here. Even in the review of the device Kevin questioned the battery they put in the Z10 because it won't last.
    21. Bigger battery 1880 mah compared to 1440 on the iphone. - Again a laughable point.
    22. FLASH on the browser, it's 2013 browsers should be truly mobile that means flash sorry Lulpple - Why? I don't and most people could give a rats *** about flash on the browser. It runs through the battery and most sites are optimized to not use it. BB already tried to market that with the Playbook and guess what, the buying public didn't care.
    23. Z10 has Around 40% higher resolution screen, 1280x768 vs 1136 vs the iphone 5. - You can have that one but its splitting hairs because the screen on the iPhone is considered the benchmark for what other phones are compared to.
    24. Z10 has Around 10% crisper display of text, images and video, 355 PPI vs 325 PPI - Wow, another huge selling point! Again, all phones displays are compared to the standard, which is the iPhone.
    25. More than 10% larger screen, 4.2" vs 4.0" - This doesn't make it better, just different. Some people don't want a huge screen.
    26. Z10 has a Higher theoretical max data transfer speeds over cell networks (more than 4x faster), HSPA+ (84 mbps) vs LTE (80 mbps) - Theoretical and completely useless unless can actually be attained.
    27. Z10 Supports wireless payment and other transactions using NFC because it's 2013 and that's what people do. - You've already listed NFC so this is a repeat. And again, NFC isn't used widely enough for anyone to care.
    28. Z10 has More powerful processor, snappier and more responsive (around 20% faster), 1.5 GHz vs 1.3 GHz on the iphone. - That is debatable. Both phones are are fast and there is no lag or stutter on the iPhone. Let's compare opening up the settings app on each phone though and see who's lags?
    29. Z10 has a intuitive keyboard, probably the best virtual keyboard ever. - It does have a great keyboard I won't dispute that.
    30. Z10 has a 2MB PIXLE front facing camera iphone 5 has 1.2MB - If you know anything about photography then you should know that megapixels don't mean anything.
    31. BlackBerry Balance for business users splits your personal and work lives. - This again is personal preference and is only different, not better.
    32. Notification sounds are professional - no dogs barking or annoying car noises. - LOL, ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THIS ONE? This notifications that BB included are terrible. iOS has pleny of professional ones as well as the ones you mentioned. At least apple is mixing it up a little and besides you can put whatever notification you want on either phone. THIS IS YOUR WORST POINT SO FAR.
    33. Z10 features the Swipe to unlock almost forgot how impressive this is because it's changed the way I look at any device, swipe killed the home button star. - Again, a swipe or a push of a button its all the same. Not to mention the tons of threads that tell people to turn off swipe to unlock because it saves the abysmal battery of the Z10 - Again, not better, just different.
    34. Z10 makes available time shift camera software, ingenious and very useful. - Its a nice feature, but in no way does it make it better. The iPhone's overall camera is better than the Z10 so you really kind of lose that one.
    35. Z10 has pin to pin messaging. - Who cares, so outdated and no one uses it.
    36. Shared functionality between Apps - You'll have to expand on that one.
    37. Directly store/download files to your phone to any directory from other devices or the Internet - apple won't let you do this. - I don't know what you mean here so I won't comment.
    38. QNX - efficient and incredible - iOS, efficient and incredible. See what I did there - Again, personal preference.
    39. Lock screen previews of messages emails and notifications. - UMMM IOS HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS NOW AND YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO TO THE MESSAGES FROM THE LOCKSCREEN.[/B]
    40. Direct search function easily accessible and available - find anything on your phone quickly. - MY OH MY - iOS also has this and has for years.
    41. Remote file access built into the OS with enhanced blackberry security. - This is true, but I can do the same with an app. I don't care if its an app I can still do it and that is all that matters.
    42. Zip and Unzip files directly on the phone, can't do that on IPhone 5. - True point.
    43. Wireless wifi file transfer, apple doesn't approve. - How? I can wirelessly send files to my iPhone through iTunes. Again you are misinformed.
    43(a). NFC file transfer - Oops they don't even have NFC, they could never use it because their file system is locked down. - AGAIN WITH THE NFC?
    44. Z10 Supports more video formats than iPhone 5. - I'll take your word for it but I can run any format I've ever tried on the iPhone.
    45. We can side load android apps, it's a chameleon feature . - Not a feature, a necessity. Without that there would be no decent or popular apps. Not to mention most of the sideloads are fully functional. That's besides the point, any app that you want in Android is on iOS so why would that be a feature?
    46. Z10 can Speed dial, iPhone 5 can't because dialing and phone use is secondary to Apple, slashing fruit is first. - Yes you can speed dial so that is a feature.
    47. Z10 has Print to go, using Pin technology print documents directly to your device wirelessly. - WHERE THE F HAVE YOU BEEN? THE IPHONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO WIRELESS PRINT FOR YEARS NOW.

There, I'm done.
    08-26-13 11:14 AM
    However, if you have a legitimate complaint over the process, you could have easily rang 1800 039 536 and hit Option 4 (I think it is) for BlackBerry devices and your complaint would have been investigated and resolved.
    The resolved part is the part that has me laughing until the cows come home. I called BlackBerry Support with three issues and got zero resolutions from BlackBerry support. I resolved the issue myself by returning the Z10 and going back to my old device. Maybe having VIP status gets you things that other customers don't get. That's not a good thing for overall sales if average customers can't get decent support.
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-26-13 11:16 AM
    Alright i let this go overnight just for kicks but time to move on to something more productive and less hostile. Both BB10 and iOS have advantages. The only winner is the phone that works for you best.
    08-26-13 11:17 AM
468 ... 171819