I'd rather purchase a device that isn't a slight revision of a previous device ...
    You just described the Z30, but carry on...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-25-13 11:48 PM
    It's easier to type on the Z10. Lol. And crackberry forums are apparently much better than apple forums.

- aBBuser
    29. Based on Swiftkey, an android keyboard, and one where I had more typos and corrections than on any keyboard I've ever used.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.

Hey reeneebob, have you actually used the keyboard on your iPhone at all? Because the iPhone has one of the slowest most painstakingly inaccurate virtual keyboards on the market. They even have websites dedicated to iOS keyboard typos. BB10 keyboard might use Swiftkey technology, but it's not the same product as the BB10 version is better. I have never had any typos or had to make corrections. I mean, I commonly type medical terminology using the keyboard and it recognizes and corrects latin medical terms. Actually, I'd say the BB10 keyboard has helped me learn how to spell certain words (I'm a terrible speller) and generally improved my virtual keyboard experience. It is hands down the best virtual keyboard on the market, period. It's a dream to type on and I was originally skeptical as hell as I came from a 9900. The keys are the right size, the spellcheck is great and I can pump out intense thick page long writing in a matter of minutes. I have used Swype and other 'top' keyboards and the experience is slow.
    08-25-13 11:48 PM
    the bb10 keyboard is amazing on the z10. The iPhone is too small for it to use. For me anyways.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 11:50 PM
    you forgot don't have to sell your soul to itunes
    08-25-13 11:53 PM
    So marketing expert. Yet not a great mind. He wasn't even in charge of marketing. Here is what he said about bbry in 2010. He knew how to run rim

?We?ve now passed RIM. And I don?t see them catching up with us in the foreseeable future. They must move beyond their area of strength and comfort, into the unfamiliar territory of trying to become a software platform company. I think it?s going to be a challenge for them to create a competitive platform and to convince developers to create apps for yet a third software platform after iOS and Android.?

Read more: Steve Jobs Disses BlackBerry, Google, and 7-inch Tablets | TIME.com

Posted via CB10
    Steve Jobs was a visionary and a marketer. How do you think he managed to get so many people excited at the launch events? He had charisma and knew exactly how to speak to people and sell technology to the the less technology inclined crowd (such as grandparents). He didn't have a great mind, he was in fact a terrible cruel person who put his business and making profit above his own family and blood. He is not a saint, he is nowhere near a saint. Apple's run is declining, they had a good run but they're being SMASHED by Samsung and other android smartphone manufacturers because they just cant innovate anymore.
    bradu1 likes this.
    08-25-13 11:54 PM
    you forgot don't have to sell your soul to itunes
    I use iTunes to play all my downloads. I use vuze to format and then iTunes shows them and I select and sync. It's actually quite perfect.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 11:55 PM
    I use iTunes to play all my downloads. I use vuze to format and then iTunes shows them and I select and sync. It's actually quite perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like too much work (converting files just to play them, really?) when I can just drop and drag or sync OTA.
    08-25-13 11:57 PM
    Or maybe the trolls are off washing their fingers in preparation for their new fingerprint scanners, but I'm starting to enjoy CB forums again.
    Well played sir. Well played

Are you kidding? Arnold sound board... seriously, you are just trolling now.

You won't be able to say 'get into the choppa' using the z10 anytime soon, thankfully.
    Posted via CB10
    No need to diss other people's app choices, that's just fanboyish.
    08-25-13 11:58 PM
    Steve Jobs was a visionary and a marketer. How do you think he managed to get so many people excited at the launch events? He had charisma and knew exactly how to speak to people and sell technology to the the less technology inclined crowd (such as grandparents). He didn't have a great mind, he was in fact a terrible cruel person who put his business and making profit above his own family and blood. He is not a saint, he is nowhere near a saint. Apple's run is declining, they had a good run but they're being SMASHED by Samsung and other android smartphone manufacturers because they just cant innovate anymore.
    Smashed. You are just eating bear reports.
    If i sell 1000 porsches in 2012. And u sell 10 Honda s

Now in 2013 I sell 1500 porsches. And u sell 2000 Hondas. Does that mean I should be worried? It's call market share. Apple might be losing due to the abundance of cheap alternatives but their sales and profits are quite healthy. Sure they aren't growing at a amazing rate but what do you expect. Do you yell at kids who stop growing in the 20s? Get taller son! As for innovating. You call him someone without a great mind ,but also said they can't innovate anymore So using your words he was an innovater before? This is double talk. Of.course he's no mother Teresa. He's a genius who came from nothing and built an empire. He's not going to pat you on the head.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:01 AM
    Why the hell would you want a fingerprint scanner in a phone? What benefit is that to an average consumer? I don't think most people have important enough jobs to require that high level of security and if you carry anything on your phone that would require that kind of security then you're not a smart person at all. I have a fingerprint scanner on my laptop and it's unnecessary because if I was going to have anything like that on my computer I'd be using TrueCrypt.
    08-26-13 12:02 AM
    Sounds like too much work (converting files just to play them, really?) when I can just drop and drag or sync OTA.
    This is work. It's Downloaded in vuze. On the right it says iTunes. U drag the file Into that. It converts. When it's done you open iTunes and sync. Work wise it's two clicks. Sure it's an extra step but iTunes hardly limits people. And with music there's nothing to do it just shows up in iTunes

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:03 AM
    Why the hell would you want a fingerprint scanner in a phone? What benefit is that to an average consumer? I don't think most people have important enough jobs to require that high level of security and if you carry anything on your phone that would require that kind of security then you're not a smart person at all. I have a fingerprint scanner on my laptop and it's unnecessary because if I was going to have anything like that on my computer I'd be using TrueCrypt.
    If bbry had it you would be singing a different tune. Just like time shift. Why does a business device need a feature to take pictures of people who can't stand still for a second? Tools not toys?
    A feature that didn't even work right for thor when vivek tried it because thor was being all awkward
    Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:06 AM
    Don't have time to browse iPhone forums and post in them and frankly don't care. BlackBerry 10 is way better for me personally. To the OP some of these were already in the CIO article

http://m.cio.com/article/731155/10_T...e%26hl%3Den-US

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    08-26-13 12:06 AM
    Smashed. You are just eating bear reports.
    If i sell 1000 porsches in 2012. And u sell 10 Honda s

Now in 2013 I sell 1500 porsches. And u sell 2000 Hondas. Does that mean I should be worried? It's call market share. Apple might be losing due to the abundance of cheap alternatives but their sales and profits are quite healthy. Sure they aren't growing at a amazing rate but what do you expect. Do you yell at kids who stop growing in the 20s? Get taller son! As for innovating. You call him someone without a great mind ,but also said they can't innovate. So using your words he was an innovater before? This is double talk. Of.course he's no mother Teresa. He's a genius who came from nothing and built an empire. He's not going to pat you on the head.

Posted via CB10
    By build an empire, you mean manipulate people, commit thievery (and fraud) and various other things to build the empire, sure. That's only after being bailed out by Microsoft and Bill Gates lololol.

Actually, a Samsung would be a Ferrari compared to an Apple Porsche.
    08-26-13 12:07 AM
    Z10 is better in 47 ways and more than the iphone 5 you will have to live with that and hope iphone 6 isn't a iPhone 5 with 1.5gb of ram. We already know iphone 5s is pretty much a 5 which is pretty much a 4 lol. What are they going to do, move the head phone jack to the side?

Posted via CB10
    That's what BB was doing until BB10 - just rehashing old hardware and adding a new feature here and there. But with BB10 that changed.

Apple seems to want to make a big change too, with iOS 7 having a lot of new features. Here's 50: 50 iOS 7 Features You'll Actually Care About. Some are small things, some are pretty major.
    08-26-13 12:09 AM
    If bbry had it you would be singing a different tune. Just like time shift. Why does a business device need a feature to take pictures of people who can't stand still for a second? Tools not toys?
    A feature that didn't even work right for thor when vivek tried it because thor was being all awkward
    Posted via CB10
    No, if BlackBerry had it I would have hoped they didn't jack up the retail price just over a crappy irrelevant feature that only people working in classified or restricted environment requires. I use TimeShift, it's great. It helps with people who blink during photos or who mess up photos of me and them. Thor is an awkward person, he could use some acting lessons.
    08-26-13 12:10 AM
    I could have listed 100 reasons maybe I will.

I urge someone to list 100 reasons why the iphone is better than the z10 without ever mentioning Apps.

Posted via CB10
    that's only 99 reasons without the apps!!
    Uhm. Be careful when speaking loosely of anyone here. Let's get your facts straight.

First of all, Steve Jobs is a philanthropist. He does have his wife contribute to a foundation. And because he is a Buddhist, he prefers to contribute quietly and as so, without their names attached to any foundation.

He is cruel because he demands perfection, and gives his heart and energy in anything he creates and does. This would be something of a close friend would know if you've seen how Larry Ellison speaks of him. And if you know enough of Steve Jobs, you'd also know that he has chosen to live a humble lifestyle in a small middle class home. If you've watched one of his interviews, he has even stated how money ruins people and that he doesn't want any of that taking part on his family. This realization came after he noticed how many employees made the millionaire mark and changed for the worse, at Apple, in the early 80's.

Do you research before spreading misinformation about people. Do yourself a favor and buy his biography by Walter Isaacson if you ever feel entitled to speak so much of him.

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    Are you saying there is such a thing as TOO much security? On a BB enthusiast forum, no less?

This is a first... a BB user saying an OPTIONAL security feature is not needed.

LOL.
    08-26-13 12:11 AM
    OK folks for the record, the fact that BlackBerry has come a long way to where they are now, I still swap my sim between the Z10 and iOS.

Message to the iOS folks: Come on now, give these z10 users a chance to feel good about their purchase. I bought my BlackBerry z10 in good faith, after selling my soul to Steve Jobs' iOS for 6 years straight.

Message to BB10 folks: features are great, but is not the time to do d**k measurement with the iOS camp. Don't shoot self in foot by comparing with an OS that's been out since forever.

That's my band aid for the night. G'night folks.

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    Fair enough sir

Maybe I'll jump to iShip sometimes later in the future, when they can finally made something fun enough to tinker with, still won't become an isheep thou. For now I'll stick with BlackBerry and Android. No need for blind fanboyism.

Love my Z10 iPhone? Where are we now, 2009? *no offense isheeps, j/k*

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:11 AM
    http://myinstants.com/media/sounds/g...a-baby_1_1.mp3
    (Open in browser)
    There's your Arnold. No need for iTunes or an app.

- aBBuser
    bradu1 likes this.
    08-26-13 12:13 AM
    Are you saying there is such a thing as TOO much security? On a BB enthusiast forum, no less?

This is a first... a BB user saying an OPTIONAL security feature is not needed.

LOL.
    I think there are more PRESSING features that should be looked at before adding an optional feature nobody really needs, especially on a BlackBerry when we have the most secure platform available.
    08-26-13 12:14 AM
    I think there are more PRESSING features that should be looked at before adding an optional feature nobody really needs, especially on a BlackBerry when we have the most secure platform available.
    But if you're inference is that other platforms are not as secure as BB10, how can you rightfully criticize another platform for adding a feature that arguably increases the security quotient of said platform?

I don't use iOS, and can make fun of it with the best of em, but I'm hard pressed to see this as a negative.
    h20work and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-26-13 12:18 AM
    First of all, Steve Jobs is a philanthropist. He does have his wife contribute to a foundation. And because he is a Buddhist, he prefers to contribute quietly and as so, without their names attached to any foundation.
    Contributed to a foundation? WOW! The man is such a saint. Sarcasm. Bill Gates and his wife RUNS AND OWNS a foundation and does a tonne of good for the world, everything from computers in school to immunization in third world countries.

He is cruel because demands perfection. This would be something of a close friend would know if you've seen how Larry Ellison speaks of him. And if you know enough of Steve Jobs, you'd also know that he has chosen to live a humble lifestyle in a small middle class home. If you've watched one of his interviews, he has stated how money ruins people and that he doesn't want any of that taking part on his family.
    Really? He had $8.3 billion dollars according to Forbes. Very ironic that he claims money ruins people yet has no problem storing $8.3 billion dollars in bank accounts. If he wasn't such a scumbag, he'd have used a couple billion of that to do something good in the world if he's such a philanthropist. Let's not forget this is the man who abandoned his own son and in 1997 eliminated all corporate philanthropy programs at Apple.
    08-26-13 12:21 AM
    But yes because I have clearly pointed out how the z10 is better than the iphone 5 they have to resort to lowly tactics of finding technical issues all phones experience.

Posted via CB10
    No it's because you clearly ignored MartyMcFly's post, so spending much time arguing isn't going to get anywhere.

Also, this whole "which is better apps don't count" thing is kinda annoying. If we did the same with desktop OSs, Linux would beat Windows fair and square because of all the stuff you can do with Bash. But once you find that Linux has doesn't have nearly as much quality software, the game changes.
    hallda01 likes this.
    08-26-13 12:22 AM
468 ... 910111213 ...