And by 'no' I mean one overnight reboot in the 5 days since swapping out for the third Z10. But that didn't fit in the title.

So a quick recap of my saga:

First Z10 (Verizon), I wasn't sure I'd like the Z10 so I made almost no changes to the OS. No side loads, very little customization. I did remove the bloatware from the device (YouTube, LinkedIN etc). It rebooted a few times a day straight away, and every overnight. A few days in I did install my SD card from my 9900 and side load Words with Friends and Google Maps. Still same rebooting pattern. About 5 days in I exchanged.

Second Z10, I'd fallen in deep-like (not love yet) with my Z10 and definitely wanted to stick with it. After much research here I knew there were Verizon devices out there that didn't reboot and I wanted a shot at getting one of those. I didn't want to try and wait out for the update that may or may not come soon and then be in trouble outside of my 14 day return window. Got my new device home (note: they did give me the same SIM from the old device) got a new SD card, wiped and reinstalled the OS, deleted the bloatware, added my apps (no side loading). Rebooting more than ever, and every overnight. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ooting-796358/

Third times a charm!!!
    Third Z10, new SIM, SD Card I purchased fresh for device 2. Left the bloatware on (even though it kills me to have extra 'things' I don't need on my device.) Moved stuff around... added my apps back (no side loads), got her looking pretty... One early morning reboot April 20th. That's it. I'd like to run back into VZW shout WOO HOO and run back out without saying another word.

There were a bunch of variables here, and in hindsight I should have asked for a new sim for device two just in case. And I should have left the bloatware on after I did the wipe and reinstall for Z10 Two so I can troubleshoot that. And if I was really nice I would remove the bloatware from this device to see if it makes a difference but I'm just not that nice. LOL! I have a device that works and I want to keep it that way.
    04-22-13 10:19 AM
    Good to here! I really think it has something to do with the carriers network and it maybe the carrier IQ or something checking out phones and software? Its hard to say if its all modem firmware side or if it really is software. I guess we maybe told when 10.1 gets here.

thanks for your post ; )
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-22-13 10:26 AM
    Keep your fingers crossed. I go days without a random reboot (most recent being 5 days full) . I know a lot of people have reboots several times a day and I def can see that annoying.

GL and hope your third time is the charm.

Posted via CB10
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-22-13 10:26 AM
    Keep your fingers crossed. I go days without a random reboot (most recent being 5 days full) . I know a lot of people have reboots several times a day and I def can see that annoying.

GL and hope your third time is the charm.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, thank you. I'm not letting my guard completely down but so far so good. (also that's why I waited 5 days to post my results. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke)
    04-22-13 11:26 AM
    I figured this is as good a place to post - please point me to the correct thread if there is something more elsewhere:

I don't mind the reboots, at least every once in a while. Here's my issue: Every so often, the radios will still show that I'm connected to both Wifi and Mobile networks, however I can't browse, I can't send/received bbm, msm, emails etc. I pull the battery, reboot, and everything is happy again.

I'm okay with reboots due to a phone freezing, or an app freezing... but when I miss emails/messages for hours on end because I'm not aware it's not connected, work doesn't go so smoothly.

Is this a hardware issue or a carrier issue? Please help?
    04-22-13 11:29 AM
    happy for ya...... let's keep the mojo going. I'll do a "Z10 no boot" dance for ya.....(guaranteed to make all the difference )
    04-22-13 11:31 AM
    I figured this is as good a place to post - please point me to the correct thread if there is something more elsewhere:

I don't mind the reboots, at least every once in a while. Here's my issue: Every so often, the radios will still show that I'm connected to both Wifi and Mobile networks, however I can't browse, I can't send/received bbm, msm, emails etc. I pull the battery, reboot, and everything is happy again.

I'm okay with reboots due to a phone freezing, or an app freezing... but when I miss emails/messages for hours on end because I'm not aware it's not connected, work doesn't go so smoothly.

LOADS of posts and opinions in this forum. I recommend doing a quick search/swipe and, get some popcorn, you'll be reading for a while.

In a nutshell, not sure anyone reaaaallllly knows what or why. But, in time, this too shall pass with updates/fixes or whatever turns out to be the cure.
    04-22-13 11:33 AM
    happy for ya...... let's keep the mojo going. I'll do a "Z10 no boot" dance for ya.....(guaranteed to make all the difference )
    Well that's not grumpy at all!!!
    04-22-13 11:44 AM
    The only thing I havent tried is a new SIM card, but Im not sure why a SIM card would cause the device to randomly reboot... I could see getting random SIM card errors, but not a reboot, but I am glad that the third is the charm!
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-22-13 11:49 AM
    I am happy for you

Posted via CB10
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-22-13 11:54 AM
    So many bugs for such a highly anticipated product. BlackBerry needs to address the issues and stop hiding

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:39 PM

its not hardware. It is a carrier issue. I have noticed that when I am connected to wifi my carrier network can hold up emails. After I leave my house in a minute or two I will get the emails. I am basically under a ATT tower. Its always been this way with the pre plus , pre 3 and 9810. ALWAYS! Sometimes emails will blast through but sometimes when connected to wifi, like it always is at home, my emails can be held up. Never happens while on the road or during the day. Always first thing in the morning! Routers are not to blame.

Nothing needs to be done, I would sometimes miss important emails that were sent the night before. Not know about the plan till I left the house if i did not turn off wifi or reboot. SOOOOO I blame this on ATT. Just because I am connected wifi, the network and the network at the same time should not hold up some emails placed the night before. To add insult to injury this problem is intermittent!!! I might also blame the house blocking the carrier signal because my old phone antennas could be weak sometimes but this also happens on the 9810 sometimes but not as bad as the webOS phones were.

Detail of connection but not going anywhere...........that is a carrier tower problem too. This would happen on my webos phone and girlfriends phone after travel of at least 100 miles. Phone can show connection to tower or wifi but go no where. Reboot fixed it.
    Last edited by Motorhead777; 04-22-13 at 05:10 PM.
    04-22-13 04:50 PM

most likely that is the carrier issue. try contacting your carrier and get your service reprovisioned from their end. or maybe, change your simcard. I heard that to maintain a good service coverage, a simcard has to be changed every 3 yrs. when was your last sim swap?
    04-22-13 05:15 PM
    Great to hear. I have not had a single reboot since I got the phone about 2 months back... except when I had to wipe the device a couple of days before to fix my contacts... After I downloaded contact x.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:21 PM
    Never give up!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-22-13 05:49 PM