That is only if you're using it HEAVILY while its being charged. No way you'll leave the phone untouched and it drains more power than is being put in.
    Not necessarily.

The USB spec for anything prior to USB 3.0 specifies that the maximum power that can be provided by any single USB port is 500 mA. The 750 mA that the Z10 requires is over that spec.

Also part of the USB spec is a protocol for communicating from the device to the port what the device's power requirements are. This is to avoid situations where a device wants either more power than a single port can provide, or more total power than all USB ports on that machine can provide, combined with all other connected devices. In the absence of that communication (and I have a feeling many cheapo USB chargers do not support that communication), or in the case of a charger (or computer USB port) which has a maximum output of 500 mA whether or not it communicates power parameters with the Z10, the charger may simply shut off its output when a Z10 is plugged into it.

(Though in most cases then you would see a warning on the phone that the charger is not capable of charging that device. (This is what the legacy BB's did.)

For example I have an Android tablet with a MicroUSB port which charges fine with one of my "generic" USB chargers, using most cables. (The charger is rated at 2A output) But if I try to use a certain USB cable to charge it using that same charger - a cable that charges other devices fine including my Bold 9650 - the charge indicator comes on for a few seconds and then turns off, and it doesn't charge. In that case I'm guessing the problem is a lack of "case ground" or something with the cable that the tablet doesn't like - even though power is actually being passed through the cable.
    02-21-13 12:51 AM
    There's really only two things you need to do if you want full battery from when you go to bed to when you wake up in the morning without pluggin it in the charger.
    1. Switch to HSPA/ UMTS mode only (don't use LTE it drains the battery)
    2. Lower your brightness to 50% or less.

- personal experience

Hi,

i had strange battery drain tonight from 35% in 9 hours.

Iam wondered about that, because phone is normally doing nothing.
    Kills the night clock the battery ?

Can some feedback me with same problem?

My iphone holds battery nearly to 95-100%. Not such draining of battery.

Alex
    02-21-13 02:44 AM
    The charging specs of the phone and chargers is irrelevant to this discussion. The issue is not how fast the phone is being charged or whether it is losing charge while plugged in and being used. The issue is it occasionally drains quickly when fully charged.

It also doesn't matter what the screen brightness is overnight either if it is turned off while you are sleeping. Something is causing it to drain quickly, whether it is an app that is causing the processor to be overactive or a radio that is heavy on energy.

I have had three days where my phone died in under five hours with one of those in less than two hours but on days if has lasted the entire day or longer. I have yet to see a pattern for the draining issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 02:34 PM
    finally found a solution as of today, i previously went about this problem by security wiping my device and reloading my old back up and that would cure the battery dying and worked but that ment i could not side load any apps and would be app less and bored so i started to side load again and low and behold i had 2 hour battery life again and my phone would heat up in my pocket even if i was not using it. However i did notice some apps would just drain battery and over heat my phone when using them and kill the battery much quicker then others this was a norm to me but the random over heating and extremely quick draining of my battery lead me to think there must be something running in the background or happening so i took the the crack berry website and did some research and found a task manager on the blackberry app world that worked on picking up android apps running in the background after using this and closing all background apps ive seen better performance from my battery i check the task manager frequently after app use to make sure everything is closed and i now continue to side load as a i please. Good luck to all other crackberry members and enjoy.

PS hope blackberry makes a come back some how in this always increasing saturated market.
    08-29-13 09:53 AM
    On the legacy device bed side modus also shut down the radio. It had no flight modus.
    Bb10 has flight modus to shut down the radio. Bedside modus only stops the notification (no led and sound)

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:54 AM
    Do u have any android apps installed on it?
    Sideloaded android apps keeps working even if u close them, install an app that is called 'task manager' and it will show u which android apps are running and to force close them.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    08-30-13 04:30 AM
31 12