Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By nickthebold
  • 1 Post By BerryWizard
  • 1 Post By kb1234
  • 1 Post By FrankIAm
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 3000 Mah extended Battery for those interested

Hey i guys i found this BlackBerry Z10 3000mAh Extended Battery Case - Black :: MobileZap Australia

Im not a fan of the big chunky battery cases but this one actually seems alright. Will probably still just wait for momax's extended battery that can still fit inside the device
    Z10. Enough said.
    Thanked by:
    T.roy (04-05-2013) 
    geekaren likes this.
    CrackBerry User

That nub is horrendous. I get it though... charges through usb. I'd rather use the blackberry one. At least I could easily change the battery.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Oh and does momax have plans to release one?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,484 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:

Wow. Where do I begin? That thing is just plain ugly and totally destroys the aesthetic of a beautiful device.

And then there's the "math" involved. 3000 mAh does not "almost triple" battery life on the Z10. To be accurate, it doesn't even double it. Let's break it down, shall we? 1800 x 2 = 3600. 3000 is less than 3600. Doesn't even double the capacity. Triple, where I come from, means x3. So 1800 x 3 = 5400. Which is, ahem, "almost double" what this fancy schmancy uglifier offers at 3000 mAh.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
    Wow. Where do I begin? That thing is just plain ugly and totally destroys the aesthetic of a beautiful device.

And then there's the "math" involved. 3000 mAh does not "almost triple" battery life on the Z10. To be accurate, it doesn't even double it. Let's break it down, shall we? 1800 x 2 = 3600. 3000 is less than 3600. Doesn't even double the capacity. Triple, where I come from, means x3. So 1800 x 3 = 5400. Which is, ahem, "almost double" what this fancy schmancy uglifier offers at 3000 mAh.
    were i am from, when someone say ''with this battery you will have almost the triple of your original power''

what i get is :

3000+1800 = 4800

4800 mAh is quite close to 5400 mAh ....thats why they said ''almost tree time''....IN TOTAL!!

and for the ugly part, it depends for who, i personally agree that it is in fact an ugly looking cover .
    but what makes it that ugly is in fact a blackberry design flow : the stupid micro usb connector on the side of the phone!!
    i mean, why cant they put the danm thing at the bottom of the phone or at least give us some pin connector on the bottom like the 9900 has :this would allow one who want to make a battery case for the z10 to look less ugly than this fuggly twist of design to reach the power on the side
    pili4 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Yea I thought about getting it, but I have the extra battery pack so will always have extra battery on me. Right now it's in my jacket all the time, in the summer I plan to keep in the car for fast access.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

By routing the power through the microUSB port, some of the power gets lost and changed into heat due to resistances in the charging circuit. It's far more wasteful and you don't get the full 3000mah, compared to having just one very large battery that replaces the entire backside and OEM battety much like the Seidio extended batteries. Of course the cost would be more.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

What's that knob on side for?

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    What's that knob on side for?

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    That's where you plug in the phone to the battery pack

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

Stop complaining! Be happy that they are trying to develop products for the z10! On that note, let me get some of that 3000!!

Posted via CB10
    ‎8530 -> 9670 -> palm pre -> palm pixi -> 9850 -> 9930 -> iPhone 4 -> Z10(white) -> HTC One -> S3 -> S4 -> Q10 -> Z10 -> Q10(white) -> iPhone 5 -> Z30(black)!!
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kb1234 View Post
    Stop complaining! Be happy that they are trying to develop products for the z10! On that note, let me get some of that 3000!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm in, too!
    As long as I get an extra charge, I'm super happy.

How did you guys expect it to work? Magically? Of course it is going to have a slight bump.
    Thanked by:
    kb1234 (04-06-2013) 
    kb1234 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I was tempted to buy this but that notch for the micro usb is just horrible. So I got the BlackBerry charger bundle instead.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Its not that bad if you really need the battery oompf. Besides most Otter box cases are bigger.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Master

They should make it as smooth as the Morphie battery cases. Why couldn't they?

Posted via CB10
    Buy the Z10 because you choose to. Enough reason in itself.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by pandapurple View Post
    They should make it as smooth as the Morphie battery cases. Why couldn't they?

Posted via CB10
    Because the charging port is on the left side.

Trading height for battery is not the same as trading width on JUST ONE SIDE.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by keclarke View Post
    Oh and does momax have plans to release one?

Posted via CB10
    Another crack user emailed the momax team and they said "stay tuned". We have taken it with a grain of salt but "stay tuned' has to be implying something i guess
    Z10. Enough said.