Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 2 Z10/OS10 Questions: Unlocking/Background App Behavior

I'm planning on purchasing a Z10 in the near future, most likely from T-Mobile because of their plans and the version they sell will be most compatable for use overseas. I plan to buy the phone outright, no subsidized plan lock in.
    Question 1, will T-mob sell the phone unlocked?
    And question 2, about the OS, is there a setting to have the minimized apps be inactive as on the Playbook? I can't say enough of how I've been burned by enormous bills from phone apps that don't go inactive when minimized or "closed". $16.00 per meg or any part of adds up (overseas roaming).
    Thanks in advance.
    Treo 650 > Treo 680 (x2) > HTC Tilt (Smashy Smashy) Treo 680 (x2) > BB 9800 + 9530 + 9550 + PB32g (smashy smashy) > PB64g > Viewpad 7 > HP Slate 500 PB64 > 3X 9550/9550 work beaters + Nokia N9 + iPhone4 work issued + 2X Z10 + Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

1) No idea
    2) An app that's minimised to an Active Frame is still active, and is still using data. A closed app uses no data.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    1) No idea
    2) An app that's minimised to an Active Frame is still active, and is still using data. A closed app uses no data.
    Yes but, can i have the minimized app on the main or home screen and have it paused, only to use data when I pull it back up? Say I have an excel sheet from an office app open. I want to minimize that sheet and not have the parent app trying to send or retrive data, or update or whatever. Apps do that, sent a ping and bam, there goes your budget. I want them to stop when minimized.
    Treo 650 > Treo 680 (x2) > HTC Tilt (Smashy Smashy) Treo 680 (x2) > BB 9800 + 9530 + 9550 + PB32g (smashy smashy) > PB64g > Viewpad 7 > HP Slate 500 PB64 > 3X 9550/9550 work beaters + Nokia N9 + iPhone4 work issued + 2X Z10 + Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Beakman View Post
    Yes but, can i have the minimized app on the main or home screen and have it paused, only to use data when I pull it back up? Say I have an excel sheet from an office app open. I want to minimize that sheet and not have the parent app trying to send or retrive data, or update or whatever. Apps do that, sent a ping and bam, there goes your budget. I want them to stop when minimized.
    Depends on the app but most of my apps that are minimised as active frames still pull date ie beweather is one that auto updates at a set interval that i have set.

You can have up to 8 active frames on your home screen, if you close them all then your homescreen will consist of app icons or folders if you have created some.