Wow 10 hrs screen time on the Z10. That's unheard of. You use a stop watch to see when the phone is in use and when it's in standby? Never remember a stats section in the OS of the Z10? Lol
    No read what I said before jumping in and making yourself look foolish I get about 10 hrs using my phone...If I didn't use it then I'd get well over a day

Shame that my mom's iphone5 battery sucks absolute balls...she hardly gets 6 hrs use and she hardly uses it. Like others have said some iphones your lucky to get 5 hrs out of just like some z10s as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 04:44 PM
    Does BB10 have a screen that shows usage and standby time?
    04-06-13 05:16 PM
    No read what I said before jumping in and making yourself look foolish I get about 10 hrs using my phone...If I didn't use it then I'd get well over a day

Shame that my mom's iphone5 battery sucks absolute balls...she hardly gets 6 hrs use and she hardly uses it. Like others have said some iphones your lucky to get 5 hrs out of just like some z10s as well.

Posted via CB10
    Cool story bro.
    04-06-13 05:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not making myself look foolish. I don't think 10hrs off charge is that great like you are implying. Screen time is what really determines battery life strength. I'm getting 7.5 of basically pure screen time on my i5. On my S3 I would get 4.5 hrs. My Z10 was even worse then the S3 for screen time. Since nothing on the Z10 can actually monitor this then I can't give a real number. It doesn't come anywhere close to my i5 is what I am saying. BB10 is not the greatest yet for power management. They should improve though
    04-06-13 06:03 PM
    Does BB10 have a screen that shows usage and standby time?
    Nope, maybe someone will develop an app that gives u that function.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:37 PM
    Not making myself look foolish. I don't think 10hrs off charge is that great like you are implying. Screen time is what really determines battery life strength. I'm getting 7.5 of basically pure screen time on my i5. On my S3 I would get 4.5 hrs. My Z10 was even worse then the S3 for screen time. Since nothing on the Z10 can actually monitor this then I can't give a real number. It doesn't come anywhere close to my i5 is what I am saying. BB10 is not the greatest yet for power management. They should improve though
    Well I can't speak for the iphone5 as i don't use one but from what I have seen of my mom's one...its not great battery wise in fact my z10 knocks it pretty hard when comparing battery life. And yes I have taken it back to apple 4 times to get them to fix or replace it, to their credit they have 4 times now but still it suffers from horrendous battery life. That's not to say all iphone5's suffer from bad battery life. She's now getting so fed up of it that she's asked me to sell it and get her a z10, as she loves the phone but at her age she would get easily confused but I let her use mine as much as possible and she's slowly getting her head around the whole gesture thing.

As for the s3?? I have one, now sat in a corner gathering dust and the battery life is pretty good I have to admit but then I have a custom rom on it, which is meant to give much better battery life than what it does at stock.

But yes the z10 can improve its battery life a bit more but then it's an 1800mah battery and the s3 has a 2800mah battery if I remember correctly so of course it's going to have a much better battery life than the z10. But also they had no choice to but to put a big battery in due to using a quad core cpu and a much bigger footprint ie size. Imagine the s3 had a 1800mah battery, I doubt it would last more than a couple of hrs lol.

Not sure what size the battery on the iphone5 is but it must be a bigger capacity than what the z10 has at the moment.

Tbh I'm very happy with my z10 and it's battery life, it easily gets me through my day and only times I put it on charge is when I'm sleeping.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:51 PM
    Is ignorance really bliss?

Attachment 148462

Attachment 148463

For bonus points, guess which platform had it first. Feel free to include the PlayBook if you like.
    I'm convinced that BlackBerry fan boys know the least about what other platforms offer. The amount of misinformation around this place is astounding. My z10 battery is worse than my iphone's which I don't understand. I have notifications set up for almost everything from all of my email accounts, banking apps, social networking, sports apps, while on the z10 I get notifications on emails, fb, and twitter. One of rimm's engineers even admitted that the z10 has battery issues (http://www.phonearena.com/news/Havin...out-it_id39556).
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 04-06-13 at 07:39 PM.
    -FlyingDucks- likes this.
    04-06-13 07:09 PM
    10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can't-img_00000282.png

So here is proof of 10 hours heavy use. As you can see I took off the phone from charger at 7:45 am and put it back about 5:30 pm. When the phone is not used, the black line is flat.

And I still had 15% left

PS: it was on LTE too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bobshine; 04-06-13 at 08:18 PM.
    iNeoEon and irweezyy like this.
    04-06-13 07:55 PM
    The list should be much longer:
    -DLNA
    -Mass storage
    -possibility to read basically every media format
    - multiple attachments in emails
    -usable predictive texte!

I am sure I am missing more!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Peek; you can swipe up from anywhere to see all your notifications then if any of them look important you can convert your swipe up to a right angle gesture, (which you can undo if you change your mind) to go into the hub and respond to anything you need to. (no need to launch the app for the "said" notification)

BlackBerry Flow; no in and out of apps to post picture to Facebook as an example: shoot the picture click share, choose Facebook, type up your post click post, done! (you can also edit your picture before sharing it)

NFC
    Story Maker
    Built in Picture Editor
    Built in Video Editor
    True Multi-Tasking (QNX)
    Sync over wifi
    Box and Dropbox integrated with the OS and File Manager
    Useful Active Frames
    Last edited by Tim Maclennan; 04-06-13 at 09:12 PM. Reason: added some more to list and more detail on Peek and Flow :)
    04-06-13 08:55 PM
    What can an iphone do that a blackberry can't, aside from "Download more apps"?

Posted via CB10
    Let me correct you - "Download more Fart Apps"..there, all better now.
    04-06-13 11:15 PM
    That's a good review. I will show this to my buddy in real estate. I am trying to get him to convert from his iphone4s.
    Yeah...real estate. That's my problem. Apps from the likes of Redfin or ZipRealty are written for the Android/iPhone duopoly...not for my Z10.

Any of you guys use a alien tablet (iPad or Samsung) to run those apps tethered to a Z10? Is so......I'd love to talk with you. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep my BB.
    04-07-13 12:37 AM
    BBM! Much safer than giving your phone number out!
    I don't have an Apple product (thank God,) but from what I've read, you can use an email address too instead of phone numbers.
    04-07-13 02:21 AM
    4) BlackBerry Z10 Removable Battery

Iphone does not need this 4, because they do not ask user to master battery pull skill

-1 Z10
    04-07-13 03:50 AM
    I guess this battery life thing really goes with network coverage too.. I actually think that's what really sets huge differences among heavy users. I'm in Italy and here the coverage is everywhere pretty good but switches very very often from 2G (Edge) to 3G and I almost never make it through 10 Hours. Friends with iPhone 5 complaint a lot about their battery life too, mentioning they barely make it through the day too. Besides it is not good to charge Li-Ion batteries all the way up from empty to full state (i.e. charging overnight) read this http://vidmar.net/weblog/archive/2004/06/11/308.aspx due to the fact they get damaged by over warming and that's not good for your battery life. In fact small and short charges effect battery life less than a full one once a day. So getting the chance to charge it every time you have a socket at hand may be better... so I guess.. what's the big deal in a whole day lasting battery?

We need tools, not toys.
    04-07-13 04:36 AM
    4) BlackBerry Z10 Removable Battery

Iphone does not need this 4, because they do not ask user to master battery pull skill

-1 Z10
    i beg you pardon? battery pull skill?? or did i misinterpret what you mean? iOS needs a reboot sometimes and so does android & even WP! but with BB10, if you (ever) need a software reboot then simply hold the top button for 5 seconds and tap on the "restart" icon on the bottom corner of the screen. that's it!
    04-07-13 07:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    OK.

This is my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-13 08:19 AM
    i beg you pardon? battery pull skill?? or did i misinterpret what you mean? iOS needs a reboot sometimes and so does android & even WP! but with BB10, if you (ever) need a software reboot then simply hold the top button for 5 seconds and tap on the "restart" icon on the bottom corner of the screen. that's it!
    I've had to do reboots on all my phones.

In the roughly 18 months that I've had my 4S I've had to do two reboots.

In my SGIII I've had to pull the battery two or three times. Since November.

On my Z10 I've had to do one battery pull in the last fourteen days and the phone has spontaneously rebooted at least once every other day since that time.

Let's not discuss reboots right now. In my experience, the Z10 is higher in need to pull the battery and in spontaneous reboots based on time of ownership, which is two weeks.

Do you see those breaks? Those are spontaneous reboots or freezes. See the big break? That's how long it was frozen before I rebooted.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-13 08:30 AM

On the iPhone you hold tbe top and bottom buttond.

On the SGIII you hold the power button.

On the Z10 you hold the power buttton.

And?????????????????
    04-07-13 08:39 AM
    No IPhone has it.........
    Really? Or are you just missing a comma?
    ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:46 AM
    And the most important thing that iPhone will never have: its a BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:54 AM
    Quote from the article:

Now that definitely sounds familiar! Shockingly so!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:13 AM
    OK.

This is my experience.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/y7a4aby3.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/uma6y8u8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Listen I'm not saying that all iphone5's have a bad battery life. Just the one my mom has, I couldn't care less for the pics showing me how awesomely good/great your iphone batteries are. All I'm saying is that 4 times I've had to change my mom's iphone5 out because of the silly battery life. Now it's got to the extent that she's absolutely fed up of the iphone and wants me to get her a z10 like mine. Which I will be later this mth, as I'm changing my missus over to a z10 as well. So that's another 2 z10s in my household. Again I know some of you z10 owners are suffering from bad battery life as well, I must be very lucky to have one that gets me easily thru my day and still have enough juice to use it before I go to bed.

Geez some of you iphone lovers need to stay off the kool aid lol...you accuse us BlackBerry lovers of drinking too much kool aid nut the same applies to u guys as well

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Spawn12; 04-07-13 at 01:35 PM.
    04-07-13 12:35 PM
    They do though. love the usage on the iPhone 5
    if you notice the wording on the screen shots. it says "time since last full charge" so how many times did you half or partly recharge the battery in that time?
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-07-13 12:50 PM
    if you notice the wording on the screen shots. it says "time since last full charge" so how many times did you half or partly recharge the battery in that time?
    That is because it was a full charge and fully discharged. If I would have put it back on the charger it would have said that the phone had been charged in between cycles. So it differentiates between full charge/full discharge to having the phone plugged in between cycles.
    04-07-13 02:26 PM
    Listen I'm not saying that all iphone5's have a bad battery life. Just the one my mom has, I couldn't care less for the pics showing me how awesomely good/great your iphone batteries are. All I'm saying is that 4 times I've had to change my mom's iphone5 out because of the silly battery life. Now it's got to the extent that she's absolutely fed up of the iphone and wants me to get her a z10 like mine. Which I will be later this mth, as I'm changing my missus over to a z10 as well. So that's another 2 z10s in my household. Again I know some of you z10 owners are suffering from bad battery life as well, I must be very lucky to have one that gets me easily thru my day and still have enough juice to use it before I go to bed.

Geez some of you iphone lovers need to stay off the kool aid lol...you accuse us BlackBerry lovers of drinking too much kool aid nut the same applies to u guys as well

Posted via CB10
    If you are attempting to label me as a kool aid drinking ios lover you would be wrong.

I use android, iOS and BlackBerry simultaneously. I responded to an assertion that an iPhone can hardly go six hours of someone hardly using it and I showed my experience.

And the SGIII *routinely* lasted the full day, from leaving home, through the commute, in the office, back off the train and until I got to the car, at which point it would go on the charger. I never even had to swap batteries during each day.

The Z10 doesn't get me from 7:00 a.m. to the train to the office and past lunch. I have to plug in by 2:00 p.m. if I'm going to make it back from the office to the train to the car where I can plug in. Not one single full day.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 04-07-13 at 02:45 PM.
    04-07-13 02:30 PM
144 ... 23456