No IPhone has it.........
    Dammit!

We need tools, not toys.
    04-06-13 12:06 PM
    Well I'd say one thing Z10 has not compared to iPhone which actually makes it a plus for BlackBerry: A "Home Button for Dummies"... I love the flat chassis with not even one button.

We need tools, not toys.
    04-06-13 12:10 PM
    What a stupid list. What is so special about z10 keyboard???

I own booth I phone and z10, and I type better on iphone.

Running android apps on BlackBerry is advantage???

The same apps running on iphone native.
    Z10 is right now crap compared to iphone.
    It's new system full of bugs. Apps in BlackBerry world are mostly not so good.

I bought 5 rss readers in BlackBerry world, none of them is really good.

Ok the system is different compared to other platforms, swiping etc. Is somehow cool. That's the only advantage.

Posted via CB10
    DX9 and richardat like this.
    04-06-13 12:27 PM
    What a stupid list. What is so special about z10 keyboard???

I own booth I phone and z10, and I type better on iphone.

Running android apps on BlackBerry is advantage???

The same apps running on iphone native.
    Z10 is right now crap compared to iphone.
    It's new system full of bugs. Apps in BlackBerry world are mostly not so good.

I bought 5 rss readers in BlackBerry world, none of them is really good.

Ok the system is different compared to other platforms, swiping etc. Is somehow cool. That's the only advantage.

Posted via CB10

We need tools, not toys.
    04-06-13 12:35 PM
    We need tools, not toys.
    Typical BlackBerry user statement.
    But z10 tool is now buggy.

The system like ios that since years on the market is, is simply better right now.

Maybe in couple of years we can compare BlackBerry with ios.

And right now z10 is tool that can do not so much.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 12:43 PM
    Lol here we go .

Not everyone is going to like the same phone.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-06-13 01:26 PM
    Typical BlackBerry user statement.
    But z10 tool is now buggy.

The system like ios that since years on the market is, is simply better right now.

Maybe in couple of years we can compare BlackBerry with ios.

And right now z10 is tool that can do not so much.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking of tools.... iOS is stale. It also still has bugs. There are limitations that you can't app your way out of. To say it's "full of bugs" isn't completely accurate. Yes there are bugs. Every OS has bugs, even ones that have been around for years. Take your iPhone 5 and take a photo with the bright sun in it. What's that purple crap in the corner now? If the Z10 had this camera issue iFans would be jumping all over this.

PS I wouldn't normally involve myself in a brand war since I have multiple devices/brands. I'm typically objective when it comes to technology but I've used Apple devices long enough to know its not the best and definitely not better than BB10.
    Spawn12 and wolf_359 like this.
    04-06-13 01:37 PM
    I had my Z10 since CDN launch and sold it last weekend. Picked up an iPhone 5 30 min later and couldn't be happier. I now can open all my PDFs without them being corrupted like on the Z10. Not every PDF was corrupted but at least 3 of the 7 I receive daily were.

1) BlackBerry Z10's Micro HDMI Out, Standard Charging Ports (Don't really care about hooking my phone up to the TV. I stream all my content wirelessly through the house with the iPhone on my WDTV.
    2) BlackBerry 10 and TimeShift Camera ( iphone 5 camera takes better pics)
    3) Expandable Storage up to 64GB (Have a 32GB iPhone 5. I store tons of my music in the cloud anyways)
    4) BlackBerry Z10 Removable Battery (my iPhone makes it through the day easily so I don't need to swap about batteries anyways)
    5) BlackBerry Z10 Runs Android Apps (Worst point I have seen)
    6) BlackBerry Z10 Screen Share during BBM Video Chat (only have 2 BBM contacts compared to 56 two years ago, so need for me)
    7) The BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry 10 Virtual Keyboard ( I type better on the iPhone keyboard anyways)
    8) The BlackBerry Hub ( Hub is nice but not a huge thing for me. I like my emails within a dedicated app instead of swiping in the Hub. I also access FB and Twitter notifications on my home screen anyways from the pull down notification Center which is easier anyways. Might I add both FB and Twitter apps on BB10 are terrible?
    9) BlackBerry 10 and Active Frames ( never kept them open anyways. Just an added swipe from my home screen to get to the hub.
    10) BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Balance ( Don't use it)
    richardat likes this.
    04-06-13 01:52 PM
    Did someone mention removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-06-13 01:53 PM
    Hum, Android is not a phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 02:01 PM
    Very calculated article.. They wouldn't dare make one against Android.

All valid points against the iPhone however.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    They can. Just pick a Phone

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 02:02 PM
    Did someone mention removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    Yep someone did and the iphone people got all bitter about it by saying their iphone5's batteries last longer than the Z10's.
    ErinnM and iNeoEon like this.
    04-06-13 02:12 PM
    Yep someone did and the iphone people got all bitter about it by saying their iphone5's batteries last longer than the Z10's.
    They do though. love the usage on the iPhone 5
    Attached Thumbnails 10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can't-image.jpg  
    04-06-13 02:21 PM
    I don't need an extra battery as my Z10 lasts all day with heavy use.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Spawn12 and wolf_359 like this.
    04-06-13 02:23 PM
    Well done, heres an internet cookie for you

I get over 10 hrs use on my Z10 with my useage...standby probably over a day but then im not the sort that doesnt use my phone lol.

Love the battery on my Z10.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-06-13 02:26 PM
    To say it's "full of bugs" isn't completely accurate. Yes there are bugs. Every OS has bugs, even ones that have been around for years. Take your iPhone 5 and take a photo with the bright sun in it. What's that purple crap in the corner now? If the Z10 had this camera issue iFans would be jumping all over
    Yes every system has bugs, but my z10 sometimes restart itself, make suddenly all contacts double, won't set up Gmail sync properly (must restart phone couple of time and try again) . Also when I'm done with my work and leave my company i turn flight mode off. I should receive my mail SMS and other stuff in couple of minutes. But no i recieve them hours later.
    It happened couple of times that my wife send me sms with list what should I buy in the market (bread milk etc). I came home received sms hour later and my wife is wondering why I didn't bought anything.
    Well those bugs are annoying.

But despite all this i really like z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 02:38 PM
    What about "reader mode" in BlackBerry Z10 browser?? Guess iPhone can't... can they?

We need tools, not toys.
    You can
    04-06-13 02:40 PM
    What about "reader mode" in BlackBerry Z10 browser?? Guess iPhone can't... can they?

We need tools, not toys.
    Yes it has had reader mode in the browser forever.
    04-06-13 02:50 PM
    One thing idevices can do that BlackBerry can't is PPTP VPN. I'm annoyed at having to carry around either my laptop or (not as often) ipod to be able to connect to work computers while my playbook collects dust (and obviously, I could use it on my BlackBerry too, when it's just something small, like I'd use the ipod for).

Don't get me wrong--I love BlackBerry, just wish it had that ONE functionality that is making me now debate retiring the playbook and get an iPad mini. I couldn't care less about multiple fart apps or games

(in advance, we use office 365 online, so no BES 10 available yet, and even then, I need to get to my work computer itself which requires PPTP VPN and rdp, not just access network files)

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    PPTP? Your network security admin should be burned at the stake.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-06-13 02:50 PM
    My iPhone 4 lasts about 4 hours with screen brightness around 20%. Soon I will have the Verizon Z10 when the OS update comes out to allow WhatsApp usage.
    04-06-13 02:52 PM
    I really want BB10 to do well even tho I'm currently on iOS. I loved my blackberry and want to be able to love one again one day. I enjoy this discussion because it makes me have faith. But some of your arguments are just like come on... The "it makes me look like a professional not a hipster" and "I need a tool not a toy" are not real arguments. So many people of all ages and walks of life use the iPhone that the stereotype is stale.

I have no brand preference and applaud everyone else for actually making valid arguments that would make someone such as myself a little more likely to pick up a bb10 device and see what it's all about.

And I second the hub as a plus side. I was messing around with my coworkers z10 and miss the unified inbox feature!
    04-06-13 02:53 PM

We need tools, not toys.
    Is ignorance really bliss?

10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can't-imagefye.jpg

10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can't-imagehot.jpg

For bonus points, guess which platform had it first. Feel free to include the PlayBook if you like.
    richardat and yvpan1 like this.
    04-06-13 02:56 PM
    Well done, heres an internet cookie for you

I get over 10 hrs use on my Z10 with my useage...standby probably over a day but then im not the sort that doesnt use my phone lol.

Love the battery on my Z10.
    Wow 10 hrs screen time on the Z10. That's unheard of. You use a stop watch to see when the phone is in use and when it's in standby? Never remember a stats section in the OS of the Z10? Lol
    04-06-13 03:28 PM
    Wow 10 hrs screen time on the Z10. That's unheard of. You use a stop watch to see when the phone is in use and when it's in standby? Never remember a stats section in the OS of the Z10? Lol
    He meant if he uses it with his typical usage versus just letting it sit on a shelf all day
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-06-13 03:49 PM
    I would also add NFC to the list.

This devices is hands down a better device. The weakness is in the apps but as they keep pouring in that should be essentially eliminated over time.

I've just had my Z10 for about 10 days now and I really like the HUB. At first I did not quite get it but once I did I realized how cool it is to have my e-mail and all communications open all the time. I could swap info between e-mail details and BB Remember and watch a video while quickly checking on something.
    The camera is pretty awesome. If there was one thing I did not like about my Bold 9900 it was the camera. I take tons of pictures of my kids and I love the new camera. Time shift is pretty awesome.

My wife has been a BlackBerry hater for many years. But after the Z10 got released and after watching me use mine she was open to getting one and now she is ready to join the BB family. She is leaving a very nice Samsung Galaxy S3, which she likes quite a bit but in the end there was something cool about the Z10 she just liked and it is pretty cool that it has the Dropbox integration since we use it to share pictures and video with family.

The new Z10 has a slightly larger screen than the iPhone, better pixel resolution than the famous 'retina display', twice the RAM memory, etc. etc. Finally! The guys at BB are listening. Nice job. I'm very happy with my new BB Z10.
    yeah.. yeay!! I've been showing my Z to my iFriends and my Droidudes and most of them are basically amazed with the way BBRY has taken with the development of BB10. some of them are just amazed for now but they aren't looking to switch due to the lack of apps (as yet...) BUT they admire how BB10 can do things with the Hub, the Peek, the Flow, the multitasking capability which is beyond the iOS capability and... notably the camera too! my female friends swapped to iphone due to their disappointment of the performance of the legacy BB cameras but after having tested my Z10's camera, took several photos, played around with the photo editor then they said �Wow, can't imagine it's a BB!"

but one thing that boggles me still is... why do people start judgding the physical appearance of the Z as a resemblance to the iphone???? can't understand why...
    04-06-13 04:40 PM
144 12345 ...