10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can't
Nice article from cio.com:
10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can't - CIO.com
The 10 are BTW:
1) BlackBerry Z10's Micro HDMI Out, Standard Charging Ports
2) BlackBerry 10 and TimeShift Camera
3) Expandable Storage up to 64GB
4) BlackBerry Z10 Removable Battery
5) BlackBerry Z10 Runs Android Apps
6) BlackBerry Z10 Screen Share during BBM Video Chat
7) The BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry 10 Virtual Keyboard
8) The BlackBerry Hub
9) BlackBerry 10 and Active Frames
10) BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Balance
- 04-05-2013, 08:15 AM #3
That's a fun article. In the past he's dropped in here on CrackBerry with an article or two. This one reminded me of this one he wrote on CB years ago:
Top 10 Reasons Why the iPhone Is NO BlackBerry | CrackBerry.comKevin Michaluk
Founder, Editor in Chief, Troll Killer, CrackBerry.com
Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
- 04-05-2013, 08:23 AM #4
- CrackBerry Genius
04-05-2013, 08:30 AM #5
- 1,670 Posts
The list should be much longer:
-possibility to read basically every media format
- multiple attachments in emails
-usable predictive texte!
I am sure I am missing more!
Posted via CB10
04-05-2013, 09:01 AM #8
- 367 Posts
- 04-05-2013, 09:25 AM #14
Here's a big one you missed:
NFCThen I heard a voice of the Lord saying,"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said,"Here am I. Send me!"--Isaiah 6:8
"Rangers Lead the Way!"
- CrackBerry User
04-05-2013, 09:31 AM #15
- 14 Posts
How about just simply being able to mark a message as read without having to actually look at the email because I don't need to wait for every news letter to load but I don't like having 50 "new" messages indicator on all the time? Or that I can add attachments to an ongoing email thread instead of having to start a whole new one? A proper file management system?
Sometimes it's the little things that make the Z10 a better device.
- 04-05-2013, 09:41 AM #17
I would also add NFC to the list.
This devices is hands down a better device. The weakness is in the apps but as they keep pouring in that should be essentially eliminated over time.
I've just had my Z10 for about 10 days now and I really like the HUB. At first I did not quite get it but once I did I realized how cool it is to have my e-mail and all communications open all the time. I could swap info between e-mail details and BB Remember and watch a video while quickly checking on something.
The camera is pretty awesome. If there was one thing I did not like about my Bold 9900 it was the camera. I take tons of pictures of my kids and I love the new camera. Time shift is pretty awesome.
My wife has been a BlackBerry hater for many years. But after the Z10 got released and after watching me use mine she was open to getting one and now she is ready to join the BB family. She is leaving a very nice Samsung Galaxy S3, which she likes quite a bit but in the end there was something cool about the Z10 she just liked and it is pretty cool that it has the Dropbox integration since we use it to share pictures and video with family.
The new Z10 has a slightly larger screen than the iPhone, better pixel resolution than the famous 'retina display', twice the RAM memory, etc. etc. Finally! The guys at BB are listening. Nice job. I'm very happy with my new BB Z10.My BlackBerry. Just love it, love it, love it.
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-05-2013, 10:41 AM #22
- 188 Posts
My two favorite advantages (also shared with BB7):
- mass storage mode - connect it by USB to any PC/Mac/Linux and just drag and drop any file of your choosing (as long as it fits) between the phone and PC. No iTunes, in other words - so you can easily transfer your music with no BS! And use the phone as a USB drive too.
- micro USB charger. This means you can acquire spares for as little as $2 (I have four!), and at work you can easily share/borrow the cables from others. Right now iPhone 5 owners are always annoyed when the only spare iPhone cables in the office are the older 30-pin ones. But a BB owner can share his cable with an Android/WP owner, and vice versa.
- By earlym in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 13Last Post: 04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
- By W Hoa in forum News & RumorsReplies: 63Last Post: 02-19-2013, 03:30 AM
http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2013/02/14/blackberry-z10-is-crushing-iphone-5-samsung-galaxy-siii-aBy Charles Martin1 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM
- By AlexBC in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
- By BLACKBERRYGEEKER in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 70Last Post: 04-12-2010, 12:04 PM