Any idea when will I get 10.3 update for my ATT Z10(STL 100)?
    Thanks
    03-20-15 08:38 AM
    Any idea when will I get 10.3 update for my ATT Z10(STL 100)?
    Thanks
    Misery loves company. I'm still waiting on Verizon Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253
    03-20-15 08:44 AM
    Seriously, why would anyone think anyone on CB would know when AT&T, Verizon, etc will release an update? All anyone can do is guess.

Based on prior history, I guess 2016.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2582
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-20-15 09:41 AM
    March 23, 2015 at 2:56PM.
    03-20-15 11:32 AM
    I've never waited on AT&T. Even back when I had my Pearl 8100 on OS 4.5, I'd always find a newer version somewhere than what AT&T offered.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 12:41 PM
    I've been told by BlackBerry that they are now releasing updates by models for better management. Z30 got it about a week ago and next is Z10. I presume, not long now for Z10.

Posted via CB on Z10!
    03-20-15 01:05 PM
    Guess the Mods got tired of closing these useless "When will we see 10.3 update" threads
    03-20-15 11:18 PM
    If you are that keen on getting the update you can load it up yourself, there is a wealth of information on Crackberry on how to do it and it is surprisingly easy and works well as long as you follow the instructions.

Look here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=927076

And here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943672

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    03-21-15 05:29 AM
    True, but correct me if im wrong, but when you install the update not officially released OTA, yu may encounter signal problems? When i was leading the new leaks every month on 10.2, there was a lot of connectivity issues.

OR is it the LEAKS that mess with the signal, and not the official updates from other carriers? Do the carriers release their own OTA because it interacts with their signal better, or just for productivity of the device software in general? If its just because of the software, ill download the autoloaders from other carriers ASAP, but if it risks my signal strength, i guess il have to hold my horses... anyone think they know?
    04-02-15 12:59 PM
    Different radios files have been reported to have differing signal strengths although I haven't experienced this personally.

In actual fact the autoloaders for 10.3.1 aren't all leaks, for the most part they are official releases.

Just make sure you load the correct one for your phone model and ensure you do a backup prior to loading as it will wipe your phone.

04-02-15 04:37 PM
    So basically when a carrier, les use ATT for example, pushes a certain release, they are literally only doing that, pushing it to their users via OTA? Or are they modifying the official release into their own version so they work on their carrier better?
    04-07-15 10:43 PM
    You have to remember AT&T don't have anything to do with the programming of the OS, they test it on their network for bugs etc. then request BB to make changes, fix bugs and wait for that to be done, test again and when they are happy they release that version to their customers.

Bear in mind how high you think BlackBerry users might be in the list of their different customers and you may have some idea of how long it might be until they release the update.

Alternatively you could just load the latest official release via an autoloader and wait for the network to push an OTA of their recommended version, which may be the one you have or may just be a small update to the one you loaded.

Remember it's your phone you can put whichever OS you like on it, you don't have to wait!

04-08-15 04:43 AM
    Also, the actual sending of the OS OTA comes from the BlackBerry servers. Not from AT&T.

That little 4-dot BlackBerry logo on your screen is the perpetual connection to those BlackBerry servers. Part of that connection includes letting BlackBerry know what carrier you are on via the SIM, and the branding of the phone itself. The carriers let BlackBerry know when they are happy with an OS, and BlackBerry then allows the OS to be sent to all phones on that carrier. Sometimes a carrier may want some of their own specific apps to be included with that package.

It's how programs like Sachesi are able to look for what a specific carrier offers and includes the carrier apps, of any. Sachesi can basically emulate a phone on a particular carrier, and show you what that carrier is providing - which you can then download, or directly load on your phone through the USB connection.

I don't know if you recall, but back when AT&T was heming and hawing over the overdue release of 10.2.1, someone at BlackBerry mistakenly opened up one of the builds for release. For about half a day, it was available to AT&T customers before AT&T said it was a mistake and BlackBerry had to go back in and block access to it. But, some where able to get it through Sachesi and posted autoloaders soon after. About a week later, the official 10.2.1 for AT&T was finally released, and it did end up being a slightly higher build after all.

But AT&T does not do anything to the OS itself, or to the radio file or anything. That's all BlackBerry doing any actual code changes.

I'll say that through all the BB10 OSs I've loaded since July of 2013 on my Z10, I've never had any reception issues. Either mobile,or wi-fi. Even when I had versions that others complained about - including most of the 10.3.1 builds for the past few months - mine was just fine. I've never had to do the radio swap that others around here seem to do so much of.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 10:53 AM
    I just would like to say thank you for the information. Not only did you guys answer my question, but you provided all the background information necessary for me to understand your answers. I'm really serious, thank you i appreciate it!!
    04-13-15 07:10 PM