Your system shouldn't eat up that much... mine is only 3.28GB

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Yeah, thanks - but I know that. What I need is some advice on how to fix the problem!

I've deleted all the apps that I can easily reload. It made very little difference. I'm still over 9GB used in the system partition.

I'm a little leary about deleting apps that I paid for. Stupid question, but will I have to re-buy them? How about paid apps that BBWorld made available for free for a limited time frame?
    07-05-15 06:00 PM
    Yeah, thanks - but I know that. What I need is some advice on how to fix the problem!

I've deleted all the apps that I can easily reload. It made very little difference. I'm still over 9GB used in the system partition.

I'm a little leary about deleting apps that I paid for. Stupid question, but will I have to re-buy them? How about paid apps that BBWorld made available for free for a limited time frame?
    have you tried reloading the OS? and to answer your questions: no you will not have to re-buy anything you've purchased and/or downloaded. So if you bought it or downloaded it for free it should be in your "My World" permanently.... unless it was a movie or song on the PlayBook lol.
    07-05-15 08:02 PM
    have you tried reloading the OS? and to answer your questions: no you will not have to re-buy anything you've purchased and/or downloaded. So if you bought it or downloaded it for free it should be in your "My World" permanently.... unless it was a movie or song on the PlayBook lol.
    Thanks. No, I have not tried reloading the OS. I have deleted about 15 apps and it's barely made a dent in my free space.

Someone earlier in the thread (or maybe another thread???) mentioned OTA upgrades. I thinkg I've done 2 OTA OS upgrades on this phone. Certainly at least one. I'm assuming it left a huge file somewhere? Can I just go delete those???

Sorry for my lack of tech knowledge on this - the phone has just worked well for almost 2 years and I haven't had the need to mess with it much until now.

System still shows 9.76 GB used. Deleting the 15 apps freed up 0.1 GB in system.
    07-05-15 08:28 PM
    Plug it into your computer and right click each file directory (folders) and click properties. It will show you the size.

Also consider doing a factory reset (wipe) with Link. Been 2 years, it is probably due to be cleaned up anyway. Backup first.
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 07-07-15 at 04:17 AM.
    07-07-15 02:26 AM
    Plug it into your computer and right click each file directory (folders) and click properties. It will show you the size.

Also consider doing a factory reset (wipe) with Link. Been 2 years, it is probably due to be cleaned up anyway. Backup first.
    Well, looks like I'll have to now. Last night I plugged into Link via USB and ran the update that way. Now my Z10 is nearly useless. Hub just flashes at me. Apps wont start, and I've only got the built in apps on there now anyhow because I deleted everything else. Even the camera app wont load. So I can't get to emails, texts, or BBMs. I can send/receive phone calls, and I can use the browser - that's about it.

So tonight when I get home I'll do the factory reset I guess.
    07-07-15 11:43 AM
    Well, looks like I'll have to now. Last night I plugged into Link via USB and ran the update that way. Now my Z10 is nearly useless. Hub just flashes at me. Apps wont start, and I've only got the built in apps on there now anyhow because I deleted everything else. Even the camera app wont load. So I can't get to emails, texts, or BBMs. I can send/receive phone calls, and I can use the browser - that's about it.

So tonight when I get home I'll do the factory reset I guess.

Dang, sorry to hear that. Good luck, and let us know.
    07-08-15 07:15 AM
    Dang, sorry to hear that. Good luck, and let us know.
    Did the factory reset.

Good news:
    -The space problem is solved.
    -The update is loaded and working
    -The reload included some of the apps I manually removed, so I dont have to reload Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, and Twitter.

Bad news/issues:
    -My browser bookmarks are gone. Crap - BBLink doesn't back these up?
    -Facebook isn't working right. When I hit a notification it says I'm not logged in. But if I launch the app I am, and the info under accounts is all correct. Also within the app, no images are loading.

Probably other little nuisances I haven't found yet, we'll see. I've still got about a dozen apps to reload - but I wanted to work out basic issues first
    07-08-15 12:10 PM
    No it does not save browser book marks.

I don't uses FB, but thinking you have to set app permissions to run in background.

Congrats mostly.
    07-08-15 12:14 PM

I don't uses FB, but thinking you have to set app permissions to run in background.

Congrats mostly.
    I never found that permission option - but I did fix it after a complete uninstall/reinsatall.

And now I'm learning that I can't get all my apps back because some have vanaished from BB App World.

And battery life seems to really suck in this OS version - I thought they were touting better battery life? Not that it was ever very good on the Z10 anyhow...
    07-08-15 05:26 PM
    Yes, some apps haven't been updated to run on 10.3. I suggest contacting the developer.

Give the phone some days to settle into the new OS before judging the battery. Also check device monitor periodically to see if anything is running in the background, like FB for example.
    07-09-15 03:30 PM
    Remember when BB was giving away EA Games? The only game I had was Battleship. Now it's gone from BBWorld. Oh well - it's just a game.

Honestly, losing my bookmarks was more of a hassle. Also surprised that BBLink doesn't backup/restore bluetooth connections, but it does backup/restore wifi connections? Weird.

Snap is gone too??? I realize they partnered up with Amazon for android apps, but I use an app called "Wink" for home automation and it's not in the Amazon store, just GooglePlay. Great. On the other hand, I see the SiruiusXM app actually works now, which it didn't before my OS blew up - so there's one bright side I guess. There's one or 2 other android apps I couldn't get to work before, maybe I'll try them again now.
    07-10-15 10:14 PM

Congrats mostly.
    isn't there an app that does this?
    07-12-15 09:36 PM
    And now I'm learning that I can't get all my apps back because some have vanaished from BB App World.
    like which ones?
    07-12-15 09:36 PM
    like which ones?
    I mentioned 3 of them in my last post. Battleship, Wink (Android app), Snap.
    07-13-15 09:24 AM
    I've had the following problems since my update.

1) When someone texts or emails me a message with pic or attachment I can't click on it to expand pic or open up attachments anymore. I have to save it to a file then open it
    2) when scrolling down to view older emails or text is almost impossible. Screen keep jumping up to most recent email or text which makes it hard to look for older ones with out being super quick.

Anyone have any solutions?

Posted via Z10 - 10.3.2.440
    07-13-15 10:14 AM
    I mentioned 3 of them in my last post. Battleship, Wink (Android app), Snap.
    Well for one, Snap is not on BBWorld. Don't know about the Droid app or Battleship.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-13-15 04:06 PM
    I've had the following problems since my update.

1) When someone texts or emails me a message with pic or attachment I can't click on it to expand pic or open up attachments anymore. I have to save it to a file then open it
    2) when scrolling down to view older emails or text is almost impossible. Screen keep jumping up to most recent email or text which makes it hard to look for older ones with out being super quick.

Anyone have any solutions?

Hub settings, display and actions, is resize email to fit screen toggled on?
    07-14-15 03:19 AM
    Hub settings, display and actions, is resize email to fit screen toggled on?
    It's actually OFF. Should it be ON?

07-14-15 06:46 PM
    It's actually OFF. Should it be ON?

Normally it is off. I've had it on it before and it does goofy things with the fonts in email. You could try it on to see if it changes anything for you.

What phone are you using?
    07-15-15 04:15 AM
    Normally it is off. I've had it on it before and it does goofy things with the fonts in email. You could try it on to see if it changes anything for you.

What phone are you using?
    Tried it both ways still doing the annoying jump back to most recent emails/ texts when scrolling down to look for older emails.

Using AT&T Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.2.440

07-15-15 05:38 PM
    Tried it both ways still doing the annoying jump back to most recent emails/ texts when scrolling down to look for older emails.

Using AT&T Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.2.440

According to the home page, AT&T released a new update today. Suggest trying that.

Edit. As Old Volvo points out. The update is not for the Z10.
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 07-17-15 at 05:02 AM.
    07-16-15 12:34 AM
    According to the home page, AT&T released a new update today. Suggest trying that.
    For the Z10???

Or are you referring to this: "AT&T officially releases OS 10.3.2.556 for Passport and Classic"
    07-16-15 11:13 AM
    For the Z10???

Or are you referring to this: "AT&T officially releases OS 10.3.2.556 for Passport and Classic"
    So it does say that. Drat
    07-17-15 05:01 AM
123 ... 345