The blackberry notification bar/ task bar is good, but is too simple. I personally think it should be easier to do more things instead of just.. alarm, settings,
    Notification lock , blue tooth and wifi.
    It's little things like this kind of pulls back BlackBerry potential. BlackBerry 10 are very good. GREAT! In fact, perfect dimension, very nice display quality.
    How great would it be dominating everything that Samsung and apple have. They have a specific thing. And BlackBerry makes it happen but.... BETTER. I think, and maybe im wrong, but things like this set back BlackBerry

10.2 should have a better notifications bar.-02gap.png
    10.2 should have a better notifications bar.-notification_bar.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Rovi14 likes this.
    07-12-13 01:27 AM
    Uhm... no.

BlackBerry did an awesome job of that pull down. Those 6 items are things I get in to throughout the day and need to do fast. Walking in to a meeting I'll hit my notifications. Boom. Done. Jumping in to my cat, hit my blue tooth, bam, instantly connected to my car. Alarms though out the day. All those items have a purpose for being there. Android notification bar is so muddled, I don't know how it could help anyone be productive. Ios added weather and stocks because they don't have widgets, so they innovated, (took Google's idea and made it cleaner, theft, innovation, whatever) a way to compete.

Personally I love the way BlackBerry handles this. All messages in the hub, pull down for necessary quick actions. Weather? I have an app for that. Don't want in on my pull down bar.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, SDTRMG and Pulkit Kamal like this.
    07-12-13 01:45 AM
    Uhm... no.

BlackBerry did an awesome job of that pull down. Those 6 items are things I get in to throughout the day and need to do fast. Walking in to a meeting I'll hit my notifications. Boom. Done. Jumping in to my cat, hit my blue tooth, bam, instantly connected to my car. Alarms though out the day. All those items have a purpose for being there. Android notification bar is so muddled, I don't know how it could help anyone be productive. Ios added weather and stocks because they don't have widgets, so they innovated, (took Google's idea and made it cleaner, theft, innovation, whatever) a way to compete.

Personally I love the way BlackBerry handles this. All messages in the hub, pull down for necessary quick actions. Weather? I have an app for that. Don't want in on my pull down bar.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry bro. You have your own entitlement of a opinion. I just think it be easier to control more things. I know there is a hub to replace the drop down message feature. But there is also easier calls. More widgets is what I'm trying to say. Overall. I think it should be a consideration BlackBerry should take.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 01:49 AM
    I love simplicity

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 01:53 AM
    I wouldn't call it a "notification bar / task bar", it's quick-access settings. I wish there was some customisation, but I don't want it to become the Android notification area.

For example I never use Bluetooth so I don't want it there. A flight mode toggle would be handy for me in it's place. So it would be nice to be able to choose from a small selection of options to go in there.
    dmacne and SDTRMG like this.
    07-12-13 06:10 AM
    [QUOTE=bradu1;8808611

Jumping in to my cat, hit my blue tooth, bam, instantly connected to my car.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Why would you wanna connect to bluetooth when you jump into your cat?

Lol, just kidding.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-12-13 06:21 AM
    IMO, this is actually a BB10 strong point. I like the simplicity and the lack of clutter. The S4 is just too busy for my taste.

Maybe this is something that can be developed by a third party once apps can run headless.
    07-12-13 09:03 AM
    Why would you wanna connect to bluetooth when you jump into your cat?

Lol, just kidding.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    Lmao! It's a bionic cat!

I could agree with the above poster about changing options around for different needs. A little customization. But in wouldn't want then mess that is android. Or even what Ios has now.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:15 AM
    The blackberry notification bar/ task bar is good, but is too simple. I personally think it should be easier to do more things instead of just.. alarm, settings,
    It's little things like this kind of pulls back BlackBerry potential. BlackBerry 10 are very good. GREAT! In fact, perfect dimension, very nice display quality.
    How great would it be dominating everything that Samsung and apple have. They have a specific thing. And BlackBerry makes it happen but.... BETTER. I think, and maybe im wrong, but things like this set back BlackBerry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02GaP.png 
Views:	2138 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	181766

Name:	notification_bar.jpg 
Views:	2142 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	181767

Posted via CB10
    Sorry it just looks like a mess to me, just my take

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and SDTRMG like this.
    07-12-13 09:32 AM
    Wasn't everyone saying simplicity is an apple thing and that it's dumbed down for the user?

Now simplicity is a good thing for bb?

I wouldn't mind if we could have the options to add things

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:32 AM
    I also wouldn't mind the options up there. An airplane mode, something I use very frequently, would be nice. It we could somehow pin any toggleable items up there it would give us that extra bit of flexibility, instead of having to dog around for th settings that we happen to use a lot. Another one for me would be the display. I end up using that more than rotation lock or blue tooth as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:29 AM
    Dude, that's no longer a notification "bar" it's a notification screen!

Posted via CB10
    Captain_L likes this.
    07-12-13 10:38 AM
    You should be able to change the brightness from that simple bar

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    07-13-13 07:25 AM
    All that's missing for me is brightness.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:43 AM

Name:	02GaP.png 
Views:	2138 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	181766

Name:	notification_bar.jpg 
Views:	2142 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	181767

Posted via CB10
    The only thing I would add to the notification bar is the GPS options. For those of you with a Z10, if you want to save some battery life you definitely need to have this option off. It would be easier just to swipe down and click the GPS icon without going into the setting.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:52 AM
    Customization is the key, IMHO.

Just like in the browser bar on your PC. You can choose which icons (aka shortcuts) to have up there according to user preference.

As it is impossible to please everyone, since everyone has different needs & likes, seems to me if BlackBerry would make much of its functionality customizable we would have the best of both worlds.

Then they could make a great commercial showing peops customizing and using those customizations to execute business quickly & efficiently - they'd be back on top for the "business person must have device."

My husband works for UPS. They still supply management level employees with the BOLD. But for their executives above this all now get iPhone. UPS used to be exclusive BlackBerry.

I think BlackBerry needs to get back to basics of why corporations used their products - then see why they are losing them.

I stick by the old addage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Posted via Q10 via CB10 app
    toutounjiomar likes this.
    07-13-13 10:01 AM
    I guess they didn't put things like the calendar, and phone stuff because the hub already includes them.. weather would be nice too but basically you are still able to access anything you would need with ease.. it's one of bb's strengths

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:17 PM
    I like that there's only 6 icon in there but there should be an option to at least customize what should be in there.

Posted using The Z10
    chrisurcadiz23 likes this.
    07-13-13 01:11 PM
    The hub is a gesture away. All notifications and previews you don't need a pull down.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:22 PM
    I'm definitely not a fan of Android's pull down menu, but iOS's is actually pretty nice. I wouldn't mind having a slider to adjust screen brightness along with the six icons. Or maybe, they can make it so we have the choice of what to put there.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:24 PM
    Android is to much, ios is plain and simple. BlackBerry doesn't have a notification bar, they have a quick settings menu, or control center if you may.

An option to choose what's there would be cool, or something like pootermobile's been posting I'm his threads but please nothing like android.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:03 PM
    No, I've never liked the Android one because one no 2 are the same and I've yet to see one that actually does what I want it to, two, the hub is better in almost every way to begin with.
    07-13-13 02:09 PM
    Customization is the key, IMHO.

Just like in the browser bar on your PC. You can choose which icons (aka shortcuts) to have up there according to user preference.

As it is impossible to please everyone, since everyone has different needs & likes, seems to me if BlackBerry would make much of its functionality customizable we would have the best of both worlds.

Then they could make a great commercial showing peops customizing and using those customizations to execute business quickly & efficiently - they'd be back on top for the "business person must have device."

My husband works for UPS. They still supply management level employees with the BOLD. But for their executives above this all now get iPhone. UPS used to be exclusive BlackBerry.

I think BlackBerry needs to get back to basics of why corporations used their products - then see why they are losing them.

I stick by the old addage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Posted via Q10 via CB10 app
    The control center should be fully customizable!

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    07-13-13 08:30 PM
    I like the simplicity of it. It works the way it is for me, but I'm all for a little customization. To each his own, right?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:00 PM
    I wish it stayed the same, 6 icons but you can choose which settings you want there. Someone mentioned they don't need the blue tooth and would rather have an airplane mode toggle. I personally would like having the brightness toggle.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:16 PM
27 12