Hi guys (and girls): I just wanted to share the solution for the high cpu usage / battery drain issue occuring after last update.
    I myself ran into the problem and waited four full days for the system to 'settle in' (aka big nonsense).

Phone details:
    - Bought as soon as it appeared in NL (spring 2013, edition STL-3 I believe)
    - Always updated to the newest OS (over the air / OTA)
    - Never installed a leaked OS
    - Sideloaded 2 android apps
    - Just a moderate number of mail and other accounts
    - When upgrading to the newest OS a package of 290mb was downloaded and installed. Hoping that would be it, I was disappointed, because afterwards it downloaded an update of over 900mb. That was the real update and that's when the problems started.

The symptoms:
    - Continuous high system cpu 50+
    - PIM services going up and down anywhere between 0,2% and 60, mostly stable around 45%
    - When system usage dropped a little PIM peaked, when PIM was low, system was very high. The Z10 just didn't seem to stabilise / reach low cpu.
    - Hot area on the back of the phone (yep, near or at the cpu)

Solutions tried:
    - Waiting for the system to settle in. Conclusion > that's nonsense. Indexing messages and contacts can take a while. It did during after updates, but never more then an hour or so.
    - Resetting holding volume up and down for 15s. Conclusion > thats just forcing a reboot, not resetting anything.
    - Wiping the system via settings. Conclusion > no conclusion at all. Due to the high cpu usage it didn't finish, waited four hours and the icon below the shredder was still turning around. Protip > don't use this option but read on.
    I've read all the 'u can can brick ur system if you pull the battery while wiping', I decided to do it, since this wasn't going to take me anywhere. Pulled the battery, removed the usbcable from power and waited a minute or so. The first time, I replaced the battery and it *sigh* still kept on wiping the phone.
    - Fully reload the system via link < solution!!! After I rebooted I got a BB10-0015 error. Aka: you're screwed because the filesystem is damaged. Finally connected the phone to computer and chose to reload the system after downloading the newest OS. > problem solved. The system is really stable now. Got about 16 hours batterylife with 55% battery left, 3 mailaccounts checked every 30 min, FB, LinkedIn and Blaq running.

So don't bother wiping the device: connect to Link and fully reload the OS. Protip: after doing the above use your browser to login to BB World. Here you can restore all your previously bought and installed software.

Good luck all! Hope this helps a lot of you out there.

(edit: the system performs way better then after other OS updates. My uneducated guess is that a lot of junk was built up while updating to a newer OS which made the Z10 slower and slower this this small disaster. Lost some of my contacts, but most are synched via google contacts. Might be a smart idea to back up your contacts that way before using the above method.
    edit2: using the above methods will not wipe you SD-card, so saved maps, pictures, music, files etc on your SDcard are save.)
    Last edited by btalman; 02-19-14 at 01:41 PM.
    shivaji likes this.
    02-19-14 01:31 PM
    I'm on AT&T, had to use a leak.. cant use your solution

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 01:37 PM
    Sorry about that Maybe you can use the above method and install a leak afterwards?
    Still hope this method will help others here who are possibly as frustrated as I was. Was considering buying a new phone...
    02-19-14 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry was awesome with the 10.2 up until the leak OS.. these new features on 10.2.1 are too good to wait, I will put up with it for now, when Att decides to release 10.2.1, I will definitely reload using this method.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 01:42 PM
    When you say fully reload OS with Link, do you have to download the OS from somewhere or is Link enough with the software that is already in the phone?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    02-19-14 02:20 PM
    When you say fully reload OS with Link, do you have to download the OS from somewhere or is Link enough with the software that is already in the phone?

BB Link on your computer will ask you if you want to install the newest OS. If you confirm it will download the newest OS using your internet connection and freshly install it on your phone. I guess that's the trick that did it, because this process doesn't install an old OS on your phone and upgrade it.
    dannejanne likes this.
    02-19-14 02:26 PM
    Thanks. I'll get my Z10 soon and I like to do things right from the very beginning minimizing the risk for issues.

02-19-14 02:28 PM
    I find my battery life improves after doing a FULL backup through Link. It's almost like the backup cleans things up and removes junk files/processes.
    02-19-14 02:28 PM
    i did a back up it didnt help improve .....
    02-20-14 06:17 PM
    okay soo after i backed up i thought ill go ahead and a reload for my software and the battery actually improved HURRAY .. Bigeer problem my back up wont restore its a shame its a big shame that alot of people are being pushed my this problems blackberry wasnt like this .... i need a solution to solve my problem and get my back up back... the problem is that when i press restore it goes on transferring 0% then BOOM pop up saying my phone is disconnected or turned off ... tried diffrent cables diffrent computers and still nothingggg this is not ACCEPTABLE
    02-21-14 08:41 AM
    okay soo after i backed up i thought ill go ahead and a reload for my software and the battery actually improved HURRAY .. Bigeer problem my back up wont restore its a shame its a big shame that alot of people are being pushed my this problems blackberry wasnt like this .... i need a solution to solve my problem and get my back up back... the problem is that when i press restore it goes on transferring 0% then BOOM pop up saying my phone is disconnected or turned off ... tried diffrent cables diffrent computers and still nothingggg this is not ACCEPTABLE
    Yup: had the same prob, that's why I backup most of my contacts in the cloud. You need to perform a hardreset and NOT restore anything. That's the only way the trick works...
    Last edited by btalman; 02-24-14 at 09:11 AM.
    02-23-14 05:44 PM
    My trick is. Remove the windows Hotmail email service. Amusing that windows with 5 mails a month drains the battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:22 PM
    Op tomorrow. I am going to reload the os

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 04:42 PM
    I did the restore through link.

It was better but after putting back the backup there was not a big difference.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:23 AM
    I recently discovered this ancient topic.

Running Q10 on 10.3.2. Unfortunately, following these steps doesn't seem to make the battery last really longer. Maybe it had better affect at time of 10.2...

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    08-17-17 06:37 PM