Since updating to 10.2.1.537 my Z10 has been pretty much unusable. Any app that uses the internet, as well as the browser, is unbelievably slow and unresponsive. The settings "app" has become extremely slow, choppy and unresponsive. The keyboard, flick typing etc is so slow to respond it's hard to even get a sentence out sometimes. Apps like Twitter and Crackberry wouldn't work for ages, they'd just open then close immediately, never actually being useable, it took a lot of resets and redownloads to get either to work. The music App is now extremely slow and unresponsive, taking about 10-15 seconds to respond to any button press, and every so often it refuses to play songs, but when I shut the app and try again it will play them. Emails, texts, Whatsapp and BBM all take about 20 seconds to open any message, and sometimes just randomly refuse to. And worst of all, the battery now only lasts about 4-5 hours max. Even when I'm not using the phone at all, it will die after 4 hours of just being sat their unused. What's going on? Crackberry guys, I'm hoping one of you has some idea of what's ruined my beloved Z10, or what I can do to fix it. Is anyone else having any of these problems? What do I do to sort it?

Any help would be much appreciated guys, also, I don't have any Android apps installed, i have never installed a leaked OS, or sideloaded anything at all, I'm on O2 in the UK. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:51 PM
    Since updating to 10.2.1.537 my Z10 has been pretty much unusable. Any app that uses the internet, as well as the browser, is unbelievably slow and unresponsive. The settings "app" has become extremely slow, choppy and unresponsive. The keyboard, flick typing etc is so slow to respond it's hard to even get a sentence out sometimes. Apps like Twitter and Crackberry wouldn't work for ages, they'd just open then close immediately, never actually being useable, it took a lot of resets and redownloads to get either to work. The music App is now extremely slow and unresponsive, taking about 10-15 seconds to respond to any button press, and every so often it refuses to play songs, but when I shut the app and try again it will play them. Emails, texts, Whatsapp and BBM all take about 20 seconds to open any message, and sometimes just randomly refuse to. And worst of all, the battery now only lasts about 4-5 hours max. Even when I'm not using the phone at all, it will die after 4 hours of just being sat their unused. What's going on? Crackberry guys, I'm hoping one of you has some idea of what's ruined my beloved Z10, or what I can do to fix it. Is anyone else having any of these problems? What do I do to sort it?

Any help would be much appreciated guys, also, I don't have any Android apps installed, i have never installed a leaked OS, or sideloaded anything at all, I'm on O2 in the UK. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Install OS 10.2.1.2141. It was released yesterday. You can use an autoloader or wait for your carried to push the update to your device.
    02-15-14 08:56 PM
    "i have never installed a leaked OS" <--- this is your problem
    Not that not installing a leaked OS is bad. However, each time you do OTA updates, there will be crap left over from the previous version. As it builds up, it becomes slower and more laggy. Your OS will start to take up more memory too! It's like if you leave rubbish in the house for a day, it's fine. If you leave it past a week it will become unbearable.
    If you are not comfortable installing leaks, then don't
    Instead do this. Connect to the computer with BB Link, and backup what you have
    Then, on your device settings, under security, do a security wipe. This will delete everything you have on the device, leaving a clean OS with the current OS you have. This will be the same OS your carrier pushed to you
    Then, after you finish the initial setup after the security wipe, plug the device back to the PC and restore your backup using BB Link! Everything should be good as new after you give it around an hour to settle in. But even without settling in, it should be a lot snappier than what you're experiencing
    Mecca EL and Paisley Pirate like this.
    02-15-14 09:00 PM
    Does that update fix the problems? Or is it just a general update? And sorry man, but how do I use an autoloader to install it? I haven't done it before, but will try anything to get my phone actually working again.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:02 PM
    Does that update fix the problems? Or is it just a general update? And sorry man, but how do I use an autoloader to install it? I haven't done it before, but will try anything to get my phone actually working again.

Posted via CB10
    Regardless whether you want to stick with 10.2.1.537 or the 10.2.1.2014(10.2.1.2141 OS), it doesn't make a big difference. 2141 patches some minor bugs present in 537. However, neither OS should be slow or laggy
    You don't have to use an autoloader if you don't want to. It's just faster if you do. Autoloader is an exe file you can download (most people upload them in rar or 7z archives, so you need to extract the exe). You simply double click the exe with the phone plugged into the computer, and voila, it will shut down your device, and the LED will go green, which means it's installing a new OS (takes about 2 minutes). On the other hand, doing the security wipe will give you ultimately the same result, but it may take upwards of 1 hr. The difference is sorta like you're either slowly renovating a house, OR you're just plowing it over, and then quickly building a wooden hut in it's place.
    EITHER WAY, REMEMBER TO BACKUP FIRST!
    Best of luck to you!
    02-15-14 09:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you have BlackBerry Link installed, for the device drivers. Back up you device with Link

MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR DEVICE DATA!!!

Takes all of 5 mins to install an OS.
    02-15-14 09:14 PM
    Yep as others said. It is time to back up. And do a device wipe. Perhaps install a new OS image as well. The autoloader does this all at once.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    02-15-14 09:17 PM
    Had similar problems after the OTA update. Backed up phone, hit restore on BB link, it wiped phone. Reinstalled everything, which from start to finish took about an hour. Phone is running much better. And battery is lasting the day again.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-14 09:23 PM
    I seem to install every other major leak, and man does the phone perform so much better, feel snappier after installing the leaks - due to the included device wipe. So same result you'd get from a security wipe. Hell, I reformat my pc at least once and year for the same reason, it makes a huge difference. Good luck!

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    02-16-14 08:18 AM
    Did you ever reboot your phone?

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2141) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    02-18-14 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Damn. It's long.

About twitter and cb app.

Uninstall first, then go to bbworld. Restart bbworld.
    Reboot your phone by holding volume up and down button.

After that.
    Install twitter and cb.

And also I recommend upgrade to os 10.2.1.2141
    You can do so non-destructively, and it is official not a leak.
    Use sachesi.
    Carrier 015.
    Download from sachesi then sideload the files.

Don't forget to reboot.

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2141) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    02-18-14 11:43 AM