Just wanted to say well done to you all for keeping the faith in BB and the Z10 despite your carriers late show. That faith must have been tested to the absolute limit. I cannot even begin to imagine how frustrating it has been with the reboot issue, not just because you were experiencing it, that's bad enough, but to know that pretty much the rest of the world has the solution and you don't? And worse than that no-one will tell you when it will be fixed??

Here on EE in the UK we were a couple of days behind Vodafone and O2 and, just for that 48 hours or so, it drove me mental. The lack of education with carrier staff is unreal, it doesn't matter which one, the software people just don't seem to want to tell front line staff what's going on in case it doesn't happen which leads to all sorts of angry calls and Chinese whispers. I just had to put up with the lack of info for 2 days, not 2 months. so I, like many others, have really felt for you and, regardless of my love for my Z10, would have been very tempted to throw it out the window if it had EVER rebooted on me during a call. How many of you have hung on is beyond me, well done, is all I can say. Hopefully it'll be worth it, you should now have, at least, the phone you originally thought you were getting and more.

Regardless, 10.1 update is cool and you get used to it so quickly it feels like an age since I switched to the green word in the space bar! And all those apps! Get downloading!!

My understanding from these forums is that the delay has had a rather nasty effect on the Z10's reputation in the States with VZW customers and store staff (who seem to be almost scared to sell the phone due to returns).

Assuming Verizons 'extremely extensive' testing is correct...

Time to fight back? At least you should now be able to recommend the best phone on the market to friends and family without it shutting down during the basics! And then when you show them the rest...
    Nanker Phelge likes this.
    07-26-13 05:51 PM
    On Verizon, thanks. Couldn't wait on mine...Went to 10.1.0.4687...Waiting to update 2 more for friends of mine...

EDIT: Yes...500+MB Downloading now . Updating friends Z10 from 10.1.0.273 leak...
    Just wanted to say well done to you all for keeping the faith in BB and the Z10 despite your carriers late show. That faith must have been tested to the absolute limit. I cannot even begin to imagine how frustrating it has been with the reboot issue, not just because you were experiencing it, that's bad enough, but to know that pretty much the rest of the world has the solution and you don't? And worse than that no-one will tell you when it will be fixed??

Here on EE in the UK we were a couple of days behind Vodafone and O2 and, just for that 48 hours or so, it drove me mental. The lack of education with carrier staff is unreal, it doesn't matter which one, the software people just don't seem to want to tell front line staff what's going on in case it doesn't happen which leads to all sorts of angry calls and Chinese whispers. I just had to put up with the lack of info for 2 days, not 2 months. so I, like many others, have really felt for you and, regardless of my love for my Z10, would have been very tempted to throw it out the window if it had EVER rebooted on me during a call. How many of you have hung on is beyond me, well done, is all I can say. Hopefully it'll be worth it, you should now have, at least, the phone you originally thought you were getting and more.

Regardless, 10.1 update is cool and you get used to it so quickly it feels like an age since I switched to the green word in the space bar! And all those apps! Get downloading!!

My understanding from these forums is that the delay has had a rather nasty effect on the Z10's reputation in the States with VZW customers and store staff (who seem to be almost scared to sell the phone due to returns).

Assuming Verizons 'extremely extensive' testing is correct...

Time to fight back? At least you should now be able to recommend the best phone on the market to friends and family without it shutting down during the basics! And then when you show them the rest...
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 07-26-13 at 08:09 PM.
    07-26-13 05:57 PM
    I'm very happy for our Verizon users that didn't take the leak plunge now they FINALLY have 10.1.

It's been very difficult to imagine still using 10.0.9.X while 10.1 has been around for what feels like the last 5 years.

Verizon users, enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 06:19 PM
    Let's see if BlackBerry was waiting for 10.1 before beginning their marketing campaign. They may have hesitated with large scale deployment knowing that 10.0 would only lead to additional returns.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 07:53 PM
    Finally everyone has the update.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 07:59 PM
    Thanks guys. Long time blackberry user and didn't have enough confidence to install a leak.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 10:35 PM
    Yea congrats guys. I think you were the last ones on Earth to get the update. Hopefully 10.2 won't be like that but we will see...

BBRY: let's see some marketing blitz! A round now and another round for the A10.

- aBBuser
    bigjsmashman likes this.
    07-27-13 01:35 AM
    Yes guys, congrats. Last few months must have been agonizing.
    bigjsmashman likes this.
    07-27-13 01:47 AM