Upgraded my unlocked rogers z10 today to 10.1. While I find the upgrade has made my phone slower and the gestures very jittery I wanted to share on the apn thing.

- with rogers sim apn is still grayed out
    - with roam mobility sim apn is open and can be changed. Thank god.

Other than the apn setting being open for roam I wished I didn't upgrade. The screen doesn't respond as well and I have to swipe sometimes three times to swipe out of a text back to the hub or other messages. Hopefully this will figure itself out as its really bothering me. The phone is no longer smooth and fluid. Multitasking isn't possible with having to swipe multiple times to do one action. It's like the os is sticky if that makes any sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 01:51 AM
    Try a reboot hold down power button for 20-30 seconds. I'm on .237 and not having any issues. Still fluid as before, usual delay in the settings menu (adobe AIR) and phone app...

APN settings are normally pulled from the sim/network and populates the field. Glad to hear that you can edit it if it does not detect the proper settings! It is up to the carrier if they allow the ability to edit APN settings as well.
    06-06-13 01:58 AM
    Y
    Upgraded my unlocked rogers z10 today to 10.1. While I find the upgrade has made my phone slower and the gestures very jittery I wanted to share on the apn thing.

- with rogers sim apn is still grayed out
    - with roam mobility sim apn is open and can be changed. Thank god.

Other than the apn setting being open for roam I wished I didn't upgrade. The screen doesn't respond as well and I have to swipe sometimes three times to swipe out of a text back to the hub or other messages. Hopefully this will figure itself out as its really bothering me. The phone is no longer smooth and fluid. Multitasking isn't possible with having to swipe multiple times to do one action. It's like the os is sticky if that makes any sense.

Posted via CB10
    I use Roam as well. And yes I found exactly as you did that with Roam sim you could change APN. Once at that setting, simply modify this field to word Roam, with no other changes necessary and you'll be good to go. I can also confirm it works perfectly as well having just used it down in the States. $3.95/day for Unlimited text and voice and 100mb data. Any way you cut it, beats the snot out of Rogers 'new, improved, we listened to our customers' feeble attempt to become competitive/fair about roaming rates. Er, did I just let slip on my agenda. Ooops. Anyway, using. 273 and it's smooth.
    06-06-13 02:59 AM
    I'm on .273 as well but it's certainly not the same. Any suggestions on what I can do? Can I reload the OS? It's driving me nuts

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:01 AM
    And yes I've tried doing a reset and battery pull multiple times but no changes

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:02 AM
    I never had a problem with .273 - it worked great. I am on a Q10 mind you, but I am not sure that makes a difference. Now however I am on .4285 - it's quite good as well. Loaded yesterday. I havent noticed anything dramatically different except white theme for calendar. I am not 100% sure - but it SEEMS like EXCHANGE ACTIVE SYNC works better syncing contacts, emails and calendar. I have to play with this a bit more to determine if that's just wishful thinking as .273 was, in a word, horrible. Not intending to hijack the thread. So sorry to all for the off topic reply. Back on point, ROAM works fine with .273. I suspect no difference in functionality or APN access with .4285. Bring on 10.2
    06-06-13 09:19 AM
    Y I use Roam as well. And yes I found exactly as you did that with Roam sim you could change APN. Once at that setting, simply modify this field to word Roam, with no other changes necessary and you'll be good to go. I can also confirm it works perfectly as well having just used it down in the States. $3.95/day for Unlimited text and voice and 100mb data. Any way you cut it, beats the snot out of Rogers 'new, improved, we listened to our customers' feeble attempt to become competitive/fair about roaming rates. Er, did I just let slip on my agenda. Ooops. Anyway, using. 273 and it's smooth.
    Thanks for sharing! I installed the 10.0.10.116 OS on my Z10 back in April and that was the only time I was ever able to edit the APN settings with a Rogers SIM card inserted. Worked great when I was in Orlando with the Roam SIM. Since then I've gone through several 10.1 leaks and have never been able to edit my APN settings with the Rogers SIM. I have tried inserting my Roam SIM and am able to edit my APN settings, but that's not a true test as I'm doing it while in Toronto. The proof will be in the pudding when I travel to the States in July (would hate to get down there, pop in the Roam SIM and then start having problems) so I'm glad your post confirmed that all is well with the Roam SIM in a BB10 phone in the US. This time I'll be excited to give my Q10 a go while down south (it's on OS 10.1.0.4285 with locked APN settings for Rogers, unlocked APN settings for Roam)!

To the OP who was having problems with the 10.1 OS, give 10.1.0.1880 a try. That one has been super reliable for me on my Z10. Super smooth and great battery life.
    06-17-13 03:21 PM
    $3.95/day for Unlimited text and voice and 100mb data. Any way you cut it, beats the snot out of Rogers 'new, improved, we listened to our customers' feeble attempt to become competitive/fair about roaming rates.
    And before I forget... +1,000,000 to this comment! It is laughable that Rogers' claims that they listened to our feedback! $40 for 40 minutes of talk and $8 for 50MB for one day with no carryover option? I shake my head every time a Rogers rep tries to convince me how affordable their travel packs are.
    06-17-13 03:41 PM
    Thanks for sharing! I installed the 10.0.10.116 OS on my Z10 back in April and that was the only time I was ever able to edit the APN settings with a Rogers SIM card inserted. Worked great when I was in Orlando with the Roam SIM. Since then I've gone through several 10.1 leaks and have never been able to edit my APN settings with the Rogers SIM. I have tried inserting my Roam SIM and am able to edit my APN settings, but that's not a true test as I'm doing it while in Toronto. The proof will be in the pudding when I travel to the States in July (would hate to get down there, pop in the Roam SIM and then start having problems) so I'm glad your post confirmed that all is well with the Roam SIM in a BB10 phone in the US. This time I'll be excited to give my Q10 a go while down south (it's on OS 10.1.0.4285 with locked APN settings for Rogers, unlocked APN settings for Roam)!

To the OP who was having problems with the 10.1 OS, give 10.1.0.1880 a try. That one has been super reliable for me on my Z10. Super smooth and great battery life.
    Actually I changed the SIM to Roam in Toronto before I left and was able to change the APN. Then I did it again on the plane. In fact I forgot to change the APN at that time and when I got to Ohio I wasnt able to make a call or use data. I figured it wasnt working until I thought hey wait a sec the APn has probebaly not been updated. Did that and it worked to perfection. I suspect you wont have any issue in orland. GL. last thing i am on .4285 now. Still works.
    06-17-13 03:45 PM
    And before I forget... +1,000,000 to this comment! It is laughable that Rogers' claims that they listened to our feedback! $40 for 40 minutes of talk and $8 for 50MB for one day with no carryover option? I shake my head every time a Rogers rep tries to convince me how affordable their travel packs are.
    Only one way to make our voices heard - give our busines to other companies. It's all about the bottom line, right ?
    06-17-13 03:46 PM
    Only one way to make our voices heard - give our busines to other companies. It's all about the bottom line, right ?
    Agree 100% except... I just re-upped with Robbers for 3 more years after I upgraded mine and my wife's phones to the Z10 and Q10! They've totally got me right where they want me!!! And why are Canadian carriers still going with three year contracts??? Two is much more reasonable!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 04:13 PM
    Confirming my rogers z10 worked great all through the usa on my last trip with roam mobility sim. Sometimes I find the tmobile signal not great hut for the price you cannot complain. Only other feature I find annoying is I was unable e to send any mms texts. So no sending pics or files thru text. BBM pics and email attachments work great.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 12:43 PM