So I have no easy way of telling if 10.1 was released for the US Z10 on T-mobile. However, it wasn't 15 minutes ago when I checked. BUT...I just got it.

I was on the leaked 10.1 1880 and having lots of issues so I decided to downgrade. I purposely bricked my device and let Blackberry Link restore the phone to factory settings. Lo and behold when I booted my phone back up I had 10.1.0.1720.

Can anyone else confirm that this works? Or if it was just officially released?
    05-19-13 09:49 PM
    I am on T-Mobile too. I just checked using Software Update in settings and 10.1 isn't there. Haven't tried via the Link software though.

Posted via CB10
    husnain1 likes this.
    05-19-13 10:07 PM
    I am on T-Mobile too. I just checked using Software Update in settings and 10.1 isn't there. Haven't tried via the Link software though.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, gonna check on Link in a bit though...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 10:09 PM
    I have not seen anything yet. Did you say you had an unofficial 10.1 already?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 10:13 PM
    Tmobile with leaked 1880. No issues yet. Everything is smooth!
    05-19-13 10:19 PM
    I have not seen anything yet. Did you say you had an unofficial 10.1 already?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I was on unofficial 10.1 and it was horrible. Battery died in 5 hours today. Could have been caused by BBM Channels but I still wanted to revert back to 10.0. I started the Autoloader, hit Ctrl-C to quit in the middle of programming it, and then ran Blackberry link to restore. When it restored I had a different version of 10.1 running on the phone.
    05-19-13 10:29 PM
    Official version is yet to release... that is the leaked Os you are viewing

Kah
    05-19-13 11:02 PM
    Official version is yet to release... that is the leaked Os you are viewing

Kah
    it came via Blackberry Link though...
    05-20-13 12:17 AM
    You are positive that you're not just confusing the software release number and the OS version for example?
    05-20-13 05:21 AM
    All you guys have to do is to recreate the same situation as the OP, maybe it might work for you too.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-20-13 05:25 AM
    Diirge, did you do software reload or factory restore?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-20-13 05:29 AM
    Did a factory restore in hopes of getting 10.0 back. I can confirm I never downloaded this version leak ever before and it came directly from BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 09:05 AM
    Can you please say what model you have and what type of device it is (retail, limited edition, other PR handout... etc)
    did you use mac or PC for hte upgrade?

i have a developer edition Z10 (red) and i have a t-mobile sim. I think i cam going to try this out, but i'd like your input first.
    05-20-13 09:17 AM
    10.1.0.1720 is a leak os.
    05-20-13 09:25 AM
    But it worked better than the 1880
    zclash likes this.
    05-20-13 09:26 AM
    Hasn't it been said before that when you reload your device OS, you will get the newest official release, even if your carrier hasn't approved it?

BTW, you don't have to intentionally brick your device. I don't know why anyone would do that when there are other ways to reload the OS.

NOTE: This will reload your device's OS with the newest OS and make your device new again. This will erase your device's memory (your SD card remains intact) so ensure you backup your pictures, music, etc and anything else that's on the device memory before proceeding.

Step 1: Turn your device OFF (wait for it to completely turn off) and ensure it is NOT plugged into the computer. Make sure BlackBerry Link is installed on your computer but is NOT running.

Step 2: Go to this site using Internet Explorer:
    BlackBerry Software Updates

Step 3: Click on Check For Updates. It might prompt you to install something, say yes. It will then show a screen looking for your device PIN.

Step 4: While your device is still OFF, plug it in using the USB cable. Once it's plugged in, turn the device ON.

Step 5: As soon as you turn the device ON, wait for the OK button on the computer screen to becomes enabled and click OK as soon as possible.

Step 6: The device LED will turn green and the reload of your OS will begin. This process can take a significant amount of time, depending on your Internet connection speed. The OS is about 950 MB in size so if your Internet connection is slow, you will have to be patient.
    zclash likes this.
    05-20-13 09:28 AM
    Just curious, I have t-mobile as well. Rumors were once t-mobile released their 10.1 it would include wifi calling. Did your release enable wifi calling?
    05-20-13 09:46 AM
    Would rather wait for a secure official update... whether it's from BlackBerry or not it's still leaked as the carriers push the updates for your specific provider... getting the default version may lead to difficulties and a faulty OS

Kah
    05-20-13 01:58 PM
    Yep! You are correct. I'm a newb here but found it odd that it came from T-Mobile. Is there anyway to downgrade to 10.0 then? I've found both leaks too unstable to run as a daily driver.

Hasn't it been said before that when you reload your device OS, you will get the newest official release, even if your carrier hasn't approved it?

BTW, you don't have to intentionally brick your device. I don't know why anyone would do that when there are other ways to reload the OS.

NOTE: This will reload your device's OS with the newest OS and make your device new again. This will erase your device's memory (your SD card remains intact) so ensure you backup your pictures, music, etc and anything else that's on the device memory before proceeding.

Step 1: Turn your device OFF (wait for it to completely turn off) and ensure it is NOT plugged into the computer. Make sure BlackBerry Link is installed on your computer but is NOT running.

Step 2: Go to this site using Internet Explorer:
    BlackBerry Software Updates

Step 3: Click on Check For Updates. It might prompt you to install something, say yes. It will then show a screen looking for your device PIN.

Step 4: While your device is still OFF, plug it in using the USB cable. Once it's plugged in, turn the device ON.

Step 5: As soon as you turn the device ON, wait for the OK button on the computer screen to becomes enabled and click OK as soon as possible.

Step 6: The device LED will turn green and the reload of your OS will begin. This process can take a significant amount of time, depending on your Internet connection speed. The OS is about 950 MB in size so if your Internet connection is slow, you will have to be patient.
    05-20-13 02:03 PM
    Just curious, I have t-mobile as well. Rumors were once t-mobile released their 10.1 it would include wifi calling. Did your release enable wifi calling?
    I didn't see this anywhere but I may have just not noticed it. I had the 1880 leak too and didn't see an option
    05-20-13 02:06 PM
    In the effort of not being that guy that doesn't follow up: I did downgrade my z10 finally. I used a 10.0 autoloader and then the phone auto-updated to the latest 10.0 on boot. I actually get better performance than I did when I got the phone. My thinking now is that the phone actually came loaded with faulty SW. I see slight changes now like my bands being listed as HSPA+ instead of 4g. Bugs I had before, are gone. Not sure why the z10 from BBLive would have had issues, but whatever OS just got loaded is leagues above what was on there before.
    ovalfastlx and zclash like this.
    05-20-13 05:39 PM
    So what's the end of the story here...? Through BB Link one can get the latest official OS on his provider-supplied phone, keeping all his provider-specific apps, even without the provider officially supporting the new build...?
    05-21-13 03:13 PM
    So what's the end of the story here...? Through BB Link one can get the latest official OS on his provider-supplied phone, keeping all his provider-specific apps, even without the provider officially supporting the new build...?
    Basically a way to get the leak without having to use an autoloader. I had better perf with this one because it was from T-Mobile.
    zclash likes this.
    05-22-13 12:43 PM
    So I have no easy way of telling if 10.1 was released for the US Z10 on T-mobile. However, it wasn't 15 minutes ago when I checked. BUT...I just got it.

I was on the leaked 10.1 1880 and having lots of issues so I decided to downgrade. I purposely bricked my device and let Blackberry Link restore the phone to factory settings. Lo and behold when I booted my phone back up I had 10.1.0.1720.

Can anyone else confirm that this works? Or if it was just officially released?
    100% the exact same with me so far it's is running better then the 10.1 1880 (which was messing up my text messages)
    so i restored and when it came back up it had 10.1.0.1720!
    05-22-13 01:11 PM
    1720 is a leak OS
    No it's not. 1720/1721 radio is official on Rogers and a number of other carriers.
    05-22-13 01:21 PM
33 12