After upgrading my Z10 STL 100-3 to 10.1.0.1720 I lost connectivity with my work account (through active sync), and I am getting an error stating that "your device is connected to a network but Internet service is not available". My IT Guy carries a z10 with same upgrade and has the same issue. He tried it with a z10 not upgraded to 10.1 and it connected fine. He has another client hooked up with a q10 running 10.1 and has no issues

Are there any known issues with the 10.1 upgrade and active sync?

This sucks..no work email, contacts or calendar to my phone

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 04:52 PM
    After upgrading my Z10 STL 100-3 to 10.1.0.1720 I lost connectivity with my work account (through active sync), and I am getting an error stating that "your device is connected to a network but Internet service is not available". My IT Guy carries a z10 with same upgrade and has the same issue. He tried it with a z10 not upgraded to 10.1 and it connected fine. He has another client hooked up with a q10 running 10.1 and has no issues

Are there any known issues with the 10.1 upgrade and active sync?

This sucks..no work email, contacts or calendar to my phone

Posted via CB10
    Do a secure wipe and try it again and let us know.
    05-16-13 04:54 PM
    No dice. Did a back up, security wipe
    Set up my work email on the wiped device off the hop and got the same error.

Set up the email address on my wife 's q10, no issues. Looks like a problem with the 1720 OS

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 08:11 PM
    Is active sync new to BlackBerry?,
    05-16-13 09:04 PM
    Apparently there is a log on this error
    Spent two and a half hours going through BlackBerry tech support.

Their only resolution at this point is to connect through SSL, port 443.

This is not an option for me at this time based on how our back end is set up so effectively I am SOL. I have been disconnected from my work for three days, and it sounds like they have no time line for getting this fixed.

Super pissed right now. Steam from ears pissed.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 03:13 PM
    Having the same problem.....I have two activesync profiles setup (work and personal) and odly one of them works and the other one doesnt. The work profile (SSL) is on Exchagne 2010 and the personal one is on Exchange 2005 (NO-SSL). Yet both worked fine on the iPad and worked on the z10 before the 10.1 upgrade....
    05-17-13 08:59 PM
    Active sync on SSL and port 443 works well with 10.1
    Last edited by julroberts; 05-23-13 at 10:13 PM.
    05-19-13 12:01 AM
    i have the same Problem. Is there a solution for it? Need Help!!!

The latest Firmware that is working is 1627...
    Last edited by icehouse0683; 05-26-13 at 07:15 AM.
    05-26-13 06:36 AM
    Same problem for me. I've temporary solved using Touch Down Pro, configuring my account without SSL and works! But hope Blackberry will solve soon this issue
    05-27-13 04:52 PM
    BlackBerry KB article

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Would have been nice if they had warned us. Just means I have to access my timeline on building the new BES.

There are auto loaders out there for the older version of 10.0 get looking.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:26 PM
    Hey guys I found this thread and its works. after you restore your backup and update your email password. delete your work because its going to keep asking to verify, delete it and reconfigure Active sync with your work email.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-3-4-a-812706/
    05-30-13 01:21 PM
    and you used Port 80??
    05-30-13 03:15 PM
    It doesn't surprise me that they dropped support for unencrypted ActiveSync because in general it's kind of a bad idea overall (and MS best practices recommendations if I'm not mistaken strongly advise against it), but I agree Blackberry should have given some warning on this beforehand.

Do Apple iOS devices support this? I'm wondering if forcing SSL is a requirement to get Microsoft EAS certification. Apple is the only smartphone vendor at present who has MS-certified EAS compatibility.
    05-30-13 07:44 PM
    If this question is for me yes port 80, day one and so far so good. getting work email.
    05-31-13 09:06 AM
    thank you for your answer. i will test it now. hopefully it works for me! :-)
    05-31-13 09:16 AM
    Is active sync new to BlackBerry?,
    Not at all. It's been around for years.
    05-31-13 09:28 AM
    It doesn't surprise me that they dropped support for unencrypted ActiveSync because in general it's kind of a bad idea overall (and MS best practices recommendations if I'm not mistaken strongly advise against it), but I agree Blackberry should have given some warning on this beforehand.

Do Apple iOS devices support this? I'm wondering if forcing SSL is a requirement to get Microsoft EAS certification. Apple is the only smartphone vendor at present who has MS-certified EAS compatibility.
    If BB dropped support of unencrypted ActiveSynch then they shooting themselves in the foot as many small business use it, myself included.
    05-31-13 09:30 AM
    I hope so to. Don't know if you use whatsapp but now its part of the hub.
    05-31-13 09:53 AM
    Not at all. It's been around for years.

The first Blackberry device to support EAS natively was the Playbook. The first smartphone from Blackberry to support EAS natively was the Z10, released in February 2013.

...many small business use it, myself included.

Why?
    05-31-13 05:07 PM
    Active sync on SSL and port 443 works well with 10.1
    BES 10.1 doesn't use port 443, it uses port 3101 to talk to BBRY NOC which talks to the device, in turn the device talks back to BBRY NOC and then back to BES which then talks to Exchange EAS. But never does it come in from the outside over port 443 while on BES 10.1
    05-31-13 05:15 PM

This is never going to happen in a million years. BES 10.x is and always will be an MDM server, all other MDM service providers use ActiveSync, I don't see you suggesting they too should drop ActiveSync or use port 80 (the un-encrypted port) over 443 SSL.

The big difference between BES 10.1 and the other competitors is that BES 10.1 talks directly to EAS on the LAN, it then re-encapsulates the packets from 128bit to 256bit encryption and then fires to BBRY NOC...the NOC sends them to the device. Coming back, the device talks directly to BBRY NOC, then the request comes into BES 10.1 and back to EAS (if it's email). No other MDM solution out there provides the same level of security that BES 10.1 does today. Not even for iOS and Android devices.
    05-31-13 05:22 PM
    BES 10.1 doesn't use port 443, it uses port 3101 to talk to BBRY NOC which talks to the device, in turn the device talks back to BBRY NOC and then back to BES which then talks to Exchange EAS. But never does it come in from the outside over port 443 while on BES 10.1

This discussion had nothing to do with BES until you posted this.

This is never going to happen in a million years. BES 10.x is and always will be an MDM server, all other MDM service providers use ActiveSync, I don't see you suggesting they too should drop ActiveSync or use port 80 (the un-encrypted port) over 443 SSL.

The big difference between BES 10.1 and the other competitors is that BES 10.1 talks directly to EAS on the LAN, it then re-encapsulates the packets from 128bit to 256bit encryption and then fires to BBRY NOC...the NOC sends them to the device. Coming back, the device talks directly to BBRY NOC, then the request comes into BES 10.1 and back to EAS (if it's email). No other MDM solution out there provides the same level of security that BES 10.1 does today. Not even for iOS and Android devices.

Once again, I don't know if you didn't read the thread, assumed it was in a section it wasn't in, or what - no one here has been discussing BES (except peripherally in one post that had nothing to do with the topic per-se) until you came in with these 2 posts.
    05-31-13 05:53 PM
    This discussion had nothing to do with BES until you posted this.

Once again, I don't know if you didn't read the thread, assumed it was in a section it wasn't in, or what - no one here has been discussing BES (except peripherally in one post that had nothing to do with the topic per-se) until you came in with these 2 posts.
    Note:

I am replying to your post, I am allowed to do that as my freedom of speech rights protect me. If you don't like then don't reply!
    05-31-13 06:03 PM
    Note:

I am replying to your post, I am allowed to do that as my freedom of speech rights protect me. If you don't like then don't reply!

Honestly, I can't figure out how your "reply" pertains to anything I wrote here.

(Oh and BTW: you have no such "free speech rights" here as A) it is a private organization not under any such governmental mandate, even in the USA or Canada, and B) "free speech rights" vary greatly around the world anyway and this website caters to people all around the globe.)
    05-31-13 06:15 PM
    When I updated to 1750 I wasn't able to get active sync to work. My IT guy said he updated his Z10 and had no problem. Then the 1880 was released shortly afterwards, so I updated and still could not get it to work. I finally went back to the stock OS and it worked. I am not a happy camper with that, but I still love my Z10.
    05-31-13 08:59 PM
40 12