As for text messages, I didn't lose my text message history. I wonder why some people have!? Maybe a battery pull was done before the device had fully updated and rebooted?

Posted via CB10
    Nope this has been covered in other threads that sms loss has happened when no battery pull occurred.

Let's stop trying to blame user error as a first point and realise it's a software problem.

Posted via CB10
    sanjk1 likes this.
    07-30-13 08:00 AM
    Nope this has been covered in other threads that sms loss has happened when no battery pull occurred.

Let's stop trying to blame user error as a first point and realise it's a software problem.

Posted via CB10
    If it was a software problem wouldn't it effect everyone?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:06 AM
    If it was a software problem wouldn't it effect everyone?

Posted via CB10
    Remember people on vzw getting random reboots?didn't affect everyone but was fixed by an update. Meaning it was a software problem.

Don't get me wrong maybe some people pulled their batteries, but you have to look how many people are reporting it and it's odds on that not all of them have.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:09 AM
    i have a generic z10 with tmobile sim in and just got this update im running 10.1.0.2312 should i keep software im on now are update to this new one???
    07-30-13 08:21 AM
    Remember people on vzw getting random reboots?didn't affect everyone but was fixed by an update. Meaning it was a software problem.

Don't get me wrong maybe some people pulled their batteries, but you have to look how many people are reporting it and it's odds on that not all of them have.
    I'm sure people on vzw (whoever they are) weren't the only people getting random reboots - countless people on countless different providers / networks / countries were.

As to this update, I didn't pull the battery, and I didn't lose any texts.
    07-30-13 08:48 AM
    I'm sure people on vzw (whoever they are) weren't the only people getting random reboots - countless people on countless different providers / networks / countries were.

As to this update, I didn't pull the battery, and I didn't lose any texts.
    Well I didn't pull the battery either and I did lose texts. All I can tell you is it ain't my fault. Which means it's the device in some way shape or form.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:52 AM
    Updated this morning on Etisalat in the UAE. No text lost but did have to enter the password for Yahoo Gmail and ME mail.

What are the main features of this update anyway. Everything looks the same to me.

Whatsapp messages were not showing in hub but a battery pull sorted that.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:01 AM
    I need to understand if I have 4651 OS already installed whether I would get update message or do i need to downgrade it first and then try for update? What about those users who have already OS 10.2 , are they getting MR update message?
    07-30-13 09:09 AM
    I need to understand if I have 4651 OS already installed whether I would get update message or do i need to downgrade it first and then try for update? What about those users who have already OS 10.2 , are they getting MR update message?
    you wont get an update message if the update is below the OS your using, personally id say if your not having issues with what you have and it doesn't offer you the update, don't downgrade to get it.
    07-30-13 09:44 AM
    Updated no problems yet didn't have to input email password

Text history still available

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:15 AM
    i have a generic z10 with tmobile sim in and just got this update im running 10.1.0.2312 should i keep software im on now are update to this new one???
    Update it! It's blisteringly fast. Even the keyboard seems more responsive somehow..

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    07-30-13 10:29 AM
    Warning! Updating will wipe out your text msgs! Found out after updating! Good way of clearing texts out! But not if you needed a few of them for work! Why is there always a sting in the tail when we get an update! I'm just looking for anything else that's might have disappeared!

Posted via CB10
    have the same problem ;(
    07-30-13 03:05 PM
    I understand, just wanted to share my experience as only one of my email accounts requested for the password to be re-entered and not all.

It is, once setup I agree... Swiping gestures are very smooth along with opening & closes apps and I really like the new swipe gesture to view next/previous message in the Hub also the simple password is great. Android apps seems to run even smoother as well and open quicker! Also my device seems to be running a lot cooler as well which should help with battery life, or maybe its cooler because I deleted the Google maps sideload as it is permanently running in the background. I plan to get BeMaps 10 Pro w/ Google Maps as it's native!

As for text messages, I didn't lose my text message history. I wonder why some people have!? Maybe a battery pull was done before the device had fully updated and rebooted?

Posted via CB10
    It's funny how you say it seems to be running cooler, mine seems to be too. Great stuff!

Loving this update....

07-30-13 04:00 PM
    No battery pull for me and my sms history is still in tact

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:48 PM
    Hi all,

I'm on O2 UK and got this version today (31/07/2013) I had the issues with the email passwords but not a major issue.

Has anyone actually identified any positive updates!? I know it's smooth, however, not really seen anything that's changed.

Any information would be appreciated.

Shibby080

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:51 PM
    Is it only me or the battery got worse too after this update? I've been loosing battery like crazy.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 03:18 AM
    Have anyone notice battery drain since updating to 4181.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 04:57 AM
    Is it only me or the battery got worse too after this update? I've been loosing battery like crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, another mess up update, why did I do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 04:59 AM
    You can add me to the growing list of users that lost all their text messages after the latest update (with no battery pull). I'm also experiencing extremely high battery drain (although I hear it 'may' settle down after a few days).
    08-01-13 06:08 AM
    Back in the good news camp though, the word suggestions on the keyboard seem to mirror what I'm replying to.

For example, as I type this I am being offered words that seem to be part of this thread not just ones I would expect to see.

T-Mobile just appeared and I'd never type that!

Is it possible the phone is doing this? If so that is very, very, clever.

08-01-13 12:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why not try 'tightening' the battery if you're 'loosing' so much?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:11 PM
46 12