Software release still says 10.0.10.85 and OS ver.10.0.10.672

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    03-28-13 06:53 AM
    It's bloatware then... you must have deleted a carrier pushed app.
    03-28-13 06:55 AM
    I have gotten that 3 or 4 times now with Telus. It's usually apps like Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook. Just a waste of space if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:09 AM
    Went through that a few times already, it sucks that a carrier has to force us to have apps installed that we may not want or use.
    03-28-13 07:14 AM
    yep, that's what it is lol --> bloatware. Those apps are tied to the OS, so once you delete them you will get them pushed back to your device via this method. Suggest you put them in a separate folder instead of deleting them if you want to avoid the update notifications!
    03-28-13 07:16 AM
    I just got a 1MB update on AT&T too. I check every day and it wasn't there until today (since Friday). I haven't deleted a single app.
    03-28-13 07:30 AM
    I may be the exception but I love Rogers, but now that I know this is what caused it I'm taking them off my Christmas Card lust... bastages

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    03-28-13 08:56 AM
    Just checked, I'm on Telus and it says I have a 4MB update. Downloading now. Says improvements to battery life and improved third party app support.

EDIT: I'm still showing version 10.0.10.85, but software updated successfully. Lets see if I notice anything.
    EDIT 2: What a joke. Its bloatware. I deleted LinkedIn, Foursquare and Box because I don't use them, thats what it reinstalled. This is stupid. If I delete an app that means I don't want it. I don't need a notification telling me to install it again.
    03-28-13 09:18 AM
    Should be bloatware.
    Rogers has its own TV app pushed to my phone and when I delete it, I will have it back with "OS Update ".
    Love the CB10 app though.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:26 AM
    Just checked, I'm on Telus and it says I have a 4MB update. Downloading now. Says improvements to battery life and improved third party app support.

EDIT: I'm still showing version 10.0.10.85, but software updated successfully. Lets see if I notice anything.
    EDIT 2: What a joke. Its bloatware. I deleted LinkedIn, Foursquare and Box because I don't use them, thats what it reinstalled. This is stupid. If I delete an app that means I don't want it. I don't need a notification telling me to install it again.
    yep, just put it in a separate folder, that way you won't get the notifications to update! No way around it...
    03-28-13 09:28 AM
    Well, there is a fix -- just don't re-push these apps if they've been deleted by the user.

There's an even more annoying issue with carrier apps -- the SIM Services app in particular on the Bell network -- it has to be in your app grid and if you delete it or put it in a folder it'll just pop back when you restart the phone.

Two things that I would like to see fixed in OS 10.1 both along the same theme: when a user does customizations, don't undo them all the time -- this applies to apps like these and also changes to the Contacts app.
    03-28-13 11:27 AM
    Well, there is a fix -- just don't re-push these apps if they've been deleted by the user.

There's an even more annoying issue with carrier apps -- the SIM Services app in particular on the Bell network -- it has to be in your app grid and if you delete it or put it in a folder it'll just pop back when you restart the phone.

Two things that I would like to see fixed in OS 10.1 both along the same theme: when a user does customizations, don't undo them all the time -- this applies to apps like these and also changes to the Contacts app.
    yeah, maybe if the hide/unhide option comes back that would come in handy! or you can get an app for that
    03-28-13 11:29 AM
    Is there an app for hide / unhide? I would love this! I prefer just one page of apps and have used folders to "hide" all the extra, useless apps but the problem is they can't have multiple pages so I'm in a conundrum where I'm hesitant to download anything new ...
    03-28-13 11:49 AM