Sometimes I really wonder after going to blackberry world and skimming through several apps that why isn't blackberry tying up for more native apps? While I completely respect third party app developers for bringing apps and also side loading options by blackberry, I still feel the lags in the experience.

While I know this is too much for asking and also blackberry is trying to stretch all its means. I still feel that blackberry has to come out with more native apps to provide a better performance and seamless feel.

What do you think guys?

Posted via CB 10 from z10
    robtraf likes this.
    12-17-14 04:19 AM
    I have my needs covered even with Built for BlackBerry apps.

I don't need "much" native apps, I just need to get my needs covered, preferably with native apps, and if not native then there's ports and Android apps
    12-17-14 04:28 AM
    It's just that there is not much devs willing to create an app from scratch for an OS that, as they say, has almost zero market share.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-17-14 04:31 AM
    Welcome to CB!

'The curious case of Apps' is discussed to death here. It is really 'how much is enough?'

If you refer apps from 1st party developer (ex. Instagram), it is really up to them to develop for BB10. There are services like Telegram who encouraged (via a contest) 3rd party developers to develop native app for them. On the other spectrum snap chat tried to pull down a native 3rd party app here. After all it is their business.

For BB, it is not their priority. It is a catch 22 situation. They can't afford it so often.

If you are looking for some specific apps for your use, you should ask here and some one will guide you.
    12-17-14 04:42 AM
    I have my needs covered even with Built for BlackBerry apps.
    The same here.

Some never get enough apps, but strangely enough, those who cry the loudest for "missing" apps, don't really need- or use those apps.
    Nayan Barman likes this.
    12-17-14 07:03 AM