Let me start off by saying this is not meant to be a post to complain or moan about BB. Okay, maybe it is a minor complaint. But more so it's something I really don't understand and I hope someone can shed some light on this.

I don't know what it's like with the BB World Music Store for other countries (I am in the Netherlands) but I've noticed that prices per song are in general about 20 to 30 cents higher than the same individual song is in iTunes. When it comes to albums it's sometimes as much as a 3 euro price difference. So what's up with that? How come iTunes gets to sell the same music at a cheaper price?

When it comes to ease of use I'd much rather buy music directly on my BlackBerry. Apart from that I'd also rather buy music through BlackBerry to show my support and to send my money to them instead of to Apple. But I can't justify it to myself when there's this big of a difference in price. So instead, I still end up waiting until I'm at home and buying my songs through iTunes.

Makes me kind of sad since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one choosing iTunes over BB when it comes to music.
    winter wren and winter wren like this.
    06-13-13 05:33 PM
    I agree, although I haven't felt the need to get any new music for a long time lol.
    Isn't Amazon even cheaper than iTunes though? And DRM free?
    06-15-13 02:07 AM
    As for the DRM part, thankfully iTunes gave up on that a few years ago -at least for music- so no issues there. I can't tell if Amazon is cheaper than iTunes, unfortunately at this time it's not possible to purchase music trough them from the Netherlands. Wish we'd lose the geo-restrictions already.
    06-15-13 08:27 AM
    Apple has money to burn.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-15-13 09:00 AM
    Let me start off by saying this is not meant to be a post to complain or moan about BB. Okay, maybe it is a minor complaint. But more so it's something I really don't understand and I hope someone can shed some light on this.

I don't know what it's like with the BB World Music Store for other countries (I am in the Netherlands) but I've noticed that prices per song are in general about 20 to 30 cents higher than the same individual song is in iTunes. When it comes to albums it's sometimes as much as a 3 euro price difference. So what's up with that? How come iTunes gets to sell the same music at a cheaper price?

When it comes to ease of use I'd much rather buy music directly on my BlackBerry. Apart from that I'd also rather buy music through BlackBerry to show my support and to send my money to them instead of to Apple. But I can't justify it to myself when there's this big of a difference in price. So instead, I still end up waiting until I'm at home and buying my songs through iTunes.

Makes me kind of sad since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one choosing iTunes over BB when it comes to music.
    Are you able to access websites like mp3skull.com?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-15-13 09:06 AM
    The music prices are really expensive and that is just for one song, I don't even want to talk about the album prices!

I think I will stick to downloading music online!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 12:19 AM