hi, i think some of the apps on the appworld are apk files . am i right?
    they are android apps on appworld??
    Last edited by Dimitrif Kritschief; 01-07-17 at 02:05 PM.
    01-07-17 01:36 PM
    they are not APKs. They are all BAR files. However some of them are APKs wrapped in a BAR file. There are converters out there that will take an APK file and make it into the BAR file since in the beginning you could not directly install APKs.
    01-07-17 01:41 PM
    i mean becuz i have some android appstore on my passport and they all give update notifications to the apps that i've downloaded from appworld. like dictionary app
    how is it possible that some app which is a BAR file can be updated by an android appstore which will give u the apk file?
    its like overwriting a BAR file with an APK file.
    01-07-17 02:08 PM
    i mean becuz i have some android appstore on my passport and they all give update notifications to the apps that i've downloaded from appworld. like dictionary app
    how is it possible that some app which is a BAR file can be updated by an android appstore which will give u the apk file?
    its like overwriting a BAR file with an APK file.
    Android apps on BB World are APK files packaged inside a BAR file.
    01-07-17 02:09 PM
    no what i'm trying to say is : is it safe to update appworld apps through android appstores?like google playstore
    01-07-17 02:29 PM
    I think that notification comes based on the version number of the app. You get the notice because there is a later version available on that appstore than the version you have installed.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 02:59 PM
    so can i update it through there?
    01-07-17 03:16 PM
    no what i'm trying to say is : is it safe to update appworld apps through android appstores?like google playstore
    Try it and see. I'm betting that it will not update the way you think it will.
    01-07-17 06:05 PM
    it will update only if it can do its own internal update and I am guessing none can. Otherwise you can uninstall from BBW and then reinstall from the alternative app store.
    01-07-17 06:17 PM
    Definitely will not work as you think. At all.
    02-10-17 09:52 AM
    Bro same issue I had & the reason is BlackBerry people is sleeping. Same apps in Android world is up to date if you take app like its a banking app Kotak mBanking its not updated in BlackBerry world.

Same app is updated in alternative app android world app called. 1mobile market. There u can get most of the updated apps. First Uninstall BlackBerry world app then download from 1mobile market.

Khursheed
    04-03-17 06:07 AM
    First Uninstall BlackBerry world app then download from 1mobile market.

Khursheed
    http://www.malware-traffic-analysis..../13/index.html
    04-03-17 06:57 AM