Greetings,

I'm trying to purchase Messenger for Facebook PRO for my Z10. I already have PayPal set up as a payment option in BlackBerry World. After tapping purchase and entering my PayPal password, I get a message saying "We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later. (PS1036lq)". I tried again later, but it didn't help.

Knowledge Base article 36300 says to delete the payment option, and then re-add it. However, this didn't help.

Other people in this forum had the same error and fixed it by changing the payment option in a desktop browser. When I log into BlackBerry World from a desktop browser, however, there is no "Payment option" item in the menu. BlackBerry recommends installing the Payment Options app. Has anyone tried this?

I see that someone in the PayPal community is having the same error as myself.

I've tried Refreshing BlackBerry World. Is there anything else I can try? I can provide a Payment log file if anyone wants one.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    04-28-17 03:51 AM
    don't know about fault. however, paypal recently notify me that change of policy...not sure if it is related. (3 days ago I believe).
    04-28-17 06:03 AM
    Welcome to the club....
    I tried all options I could find on Crackberry and elsewhere, but didn't succeed. Luckily, I still can use my bank card number.
    04-28-17 10:24 AM
    Greetings,

I'm trying to purchase Messenger for Facebook PRO for my Z10. I already have PayPal set up as a payment option in BlackBerry World. After tapping purchase and entering my PayPal password, I get a message saying "We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later. (PS1036lq)". I tried again later, but it didn't help.

Knowledge Base article 36300 says to delete the payment option, and then re-add it. However, this didn't help.

Other people in this forum had the same error and fixed it by changing the payment option in a desktop browser. When I log into BlackBerry World from a desktop browser, however, there is no "Payment option" item in the menu. BlackBerry recommends installing the Payment Options app. Has anyone tried this?

I see that someone in the PayPal community is having the same error as myself.

I've tried Refreshing BlackBerry World. Is there anything else I can try? I can provide a Payment log file if anyone wants one.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    Have you tried logging into your PayPal account on your PC, deleting your credit card (the one you want to use with BBW), logging out of PayPal, then back in and adding the credit card again. Then go to BBW and add PayPal option?
    04-28-17 12:05 PM
    Have you tried logging into your PayPal account on your PC, deleting your credit card (the one you want to use with BBW), logging out of PayPal, then back in and adding the credit card again. Then go to BBW and add PayPal option?
    The problem seems to be with BlackBerry World (not PayPal).

I forgot to mention that I had two-factor authentication set up at PayPal. I tried turning it off, but it didn't help.

I tried installing the Payment Options app, but it didn't help.

I'm really stuck.

Shane.
    04-30-17 12:52 AM
    The problem seems to be with BlackBerry World (not PayPal).
    Yes, I realize that. I had the same problem that you have now but I cannot remember how I solved it! It seemed to me that I had done what I mentioned above, that is, removed my accounts/cards from BOTH BW and PayPal and started over as new, but I may be wrong. Can't remember. Sorry for your problems.
    04-30-17 08:47 AM
    I deleted my credit card in BW Payment Options (it doesn't allow me to delete the only option left - the pay by my phone bill option). Same error, though.

Shane.
    05-01-17 02:19 AM
    I've got the same problem. I read some people already had it half a year ago, but all solutions didn't help for me. Any other idea? Or is there anyone at Blackberry to contact because I couldn't find anything.
    05-03-17 04:34 PM
    Same here, there's no "payment options" on desktop browser version of BlackBerry World. And I get "PS1036lq" error when trying to add PayPal through the Payment Options app.
    05-09-17 11:39 AM
    Does anyone has solve this payment method problem here? Please share. I am having the same problem too
    05-13-17 01:41 PM
    I'm having the same issue too plus whenever I try to access appworld from a computer it reports

Internal Server Error
    An internal server error has been detected. Please try your operation again. (EC )

Tried it on two different PC's and with Chrome and Internet Explorer.

From my Z10 it just reports error PS1036lq

From my Playbook it just freezes
    05-15-17 04:11 AM
    That is sad! It's like BB wanted to push us out of BB10!!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-17 04:59 AM
    Same here

Posted via CB10... for now...
    05-17-17 10:44 PM
    I learned something cool... and freaky. You can tap your rfid credit card to the back of your phone when NFC is turned on and it loads the card number and expiry automatically!

Posted via CB10... for now...
    05-18-17 08:15 PM
    Hi all,

I hope I'm not being insulting / stating the obvious here; but I take it you have all tried the following (published on the BlackBerry site)? :

Overview

When prompted to enter the PayPal credentials in BlackBerry World,*after*entering*the*credentials the following error message is displayed in red:

We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later.* (PS1036lq)

Note: This can occur when attempting to enter PayPal login information through the BlackBerry World app or in Settings > Payment Options.

Resolution
    Delete*and*then*add*the*PayPal account*payment method from*BlackBerry World*on*the*BlackBerry*10 smartphone*following*these*steps:

Open BlackBerry World on*the*BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
    Select Payment Options
    If*prompted*for*BlackBerry ID credentials then*enter*them*now.
    If a PayPal payment method exists*then tap it and select Delete.
    Press the + button and select PayPal as an additional Payment Method.
    Enter the*PayPal Credentials.
    Set PayPal as the default payment method.
    Workaround

Change the payment method to something other than PayPal if available.

To confirm the payment method is now set to use PayPal:

On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap Settings > Payment Options.
    Your PayPal address should be listed as your method of payment.

If not, I hope this cracks it for you!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 12:23 PM
    I actually have tried this, however, I thought that I would try it again, and I was able to set up PayPal as a Payment Option. I don't have anything I want to purchase right now, but I will let you know if it works.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    06-10-17 02:24 AM
    Just found a solution on other paypal error thread.
    I had the same problem. And now It's ok.
    May be you could try:
    1. Connect your phone with a PC.
    2. Open BBLink program.
    3. Sign in BB ID in BBLink.
    4. Add Payment Options on your phone (phone still connecting to PC).
    May be that will help.
    Worked for me.
    06-19-17 06:26 AM