Hello forum,

I have a question concerning an app ("The dark knight rises").

I had a Z10 once, which I ran with a BlackBerry ID.

The Z10 was not too much of a friend, as I was longing for a device with a proper hardware keyboard, as I was used to with the legacy devices.

I wiped the Z10 and now use it as my business phone for work with a different BlackBerry ID.

Now that I have the Q10 (and damn happy with it) I missed the aforementioned app, when I entered my BlackBerry ID, which was connected to the Z10. All the apps were there, ready to download- except for that paid app.

Anyway, today I searched the Appworld for that game and it was there. I clicked on download/buy and the download started instantly, without asking for my password (I changed the setting, so that with buying an app, I have to confirm it via my ID's password).

I was kinda stunned, because I wasn't intending to actually buy it again.

Just to check, if my settings have been changed somehow, I clicked on another app, which I haven't downloaded before with my BlackBerry ID, and which wasn't for free. The window popped up, asking for my ID's password to confirm the purchase, which I of course didn't.

I haven't got a confirmation mail, that I purchased an app, as it used to happen, when I actually bought an app after having downloaded "The dark knight rises" again.

Is it so, that I won't be billed for downloading the app on another device, with the same BlackBerry ID I used to buy it in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:10 PM
    You shouldn't be billed again for it... I had battery guru (paid app) on my Z10, then switched devices (to the Q10). I then downloaded the app battery guru again... it just displayed "download", no price tag or purchase info required. That's how it normally worked with BBID and app world...stores all your purchases so you basically restore what you had previously (once it's compatible with the new device you have!)
    08-01-13 01:17 PM
    Hi Cap,

thanks for your reply.

Well, there actually was a price tag, I was curious what might happen, if I clicked on it.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:18 PM
    Depends. If you downloaded on PB and then tried on Z10 you would pay twice. 2 phones not likely though.

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.810 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-13 01:20 PM
    Hello Lendo,

thanks for your post.

Hope you are both right!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:21 PM
    It will depend on the app...I had a couple of OS7 apps that were tied to my phone pin, not the bbid. I had to get the dev to reset the license.

The majority, though, are tied to bbid.
    08-01-13 01:35 PM
    It will depend on the app...I had a couple of OS7 apps that were tied to my phone pin, not the bbid. I had to get the dev to reset the license.

The majority, though, are tied to bbid.

Does that mean that the license on most apps is actually per-user and not per device?

I admit I was rather surprised when I acquired a second Z10 yesterday that when I went into BBW and used my existing BBID it appeared to offer me most of the apps I paid for on the first device without any additional payment.
    08-10-13 04:04 AM