As an avid Android user since the early days of 1.5 on an HTC Hero, I "converted" to all things BlackBerry when my employer gave me a Z10 as a timely replacement for the POS 8510 Curve that I despised.
    I now own a Z30 too as my personal phone, such is my love for the BB10 OS.

The thing that still sticks in my throat is the way BBW markets its' apps.

They have not observed the astonishing success of the business model of Google Play and I feel this alienates potential customers from buying new apps.

Most devs that produce new apps for Google release two versions: a full, paid-for version and a feature-limited, free trial version.
    This gives potential customers an opportunity to test apps to see if they're suitable before they buy the full product.

Also, if a purchased app is not suitable, Google have a no-quibble refund policy, unlike BBW.
    I purchased an app from BBW that did not work properly on my Z10 and I was very disappointed by the poor level of support from the dev. He rudely told me to get a refund from BBW which I tried but never received.
    It was only a couple of pounds but it was the principle of the thing.

As a result of this I have been extremely reluctant to buy any other apps from BBW.

The other thing that I believe is hampering the success of BBW is that certain apps are always more expensive than their identical versions over at Google. Why should I pay more when I can get the same via snap for less and sometimes free? I know Google has a much larger market share and can therefore sell apps in much higher volumes, but as end users, all we want is parity.

Come on BlackBerry, if you want to increase your revenue from value-added sales such as apps, have to compete on the same playing field.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 02:52 AM
    How long since you requested a refund? I bought an app about 6 months ago that never worked initially, so I asked for a refund. It took nearly seven weeks for the refund to be acknowledged and refunded.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    06-12-14 02:55 AM
    This was back at Christmas last year. I've applied three times and even tried to claim it back via PayPal.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    06-12-14 09:24 AM
    This was back at Christmas last year. I've applied three times and even tried to claim it back via PayPal.

Posted via CB10
    Dear techtechnique

I know this may be a bit late and I do hope you get this reply, even though you may have found out by this time how to retrieve your refunds.

I came across your post by chance, due to me trying to find out if there was a limited time in retrieving a refund on an app and may I add, it is due to the fact, that when a derv claims to give you all the support you are due to a purchase and you get no response.
    Regardless of how good the app is, for whatever reason that derv does not want to reply, I feel I must execute for a refund, as the idea that it has become personnel springs to my mind.

I first had my BlackBerry when it were our OS7 devices.
    At that time, all the features you mentioned of goggles app store system and support were given in our BBWA.
    It has only been since the our OS10s that the all these welcomed features have been dissipating.

It seems that it has become a chore just to find the right directions for the simplest of needs, particularly when one has purchased an item.

And I can tell you, it has been a chore for me, and I presume our future clients, to get rid of this lapse attitude which, in my eyes have helped in the decline of sales of a wonderful device.

I wish the attitudes, in the times of our OS7 comes back.
    My fingers and shoelaces are all crossed.

I am going to post this, then am going to reply, using one of my apps for directions.

jtvberry
    01-06-15 05:50 PM
    As an avid Android user since the early days of 1.5 on an HTC Hero, I "converted" to all things BlackBerry when my employer gave me a Z10 as a timely replacement for the POS 8510 Curve that I despised.
    I now own a Z30 too as my personal phone, such is my love for the BB10 OS.

It was only a couple of pounds but it was the principle of the thing.

As a result of this I have been extremely reluctant to buy any other apps from BBW.

Come on BlackBerry, if you want to increase your revenue from value-added sales such as apps, have to compete on the same playing field.

Posted via CB10
    Dear techtechnique

When you make a purchase, you should receive an email for confirmation.

I personally keep a folder dedicated to my purchases and any correspondence about my items.

The details on your receipt, should include your name, address and contact.
    It should also have the order number, name, price and the address/link of our derv if support is needed.

The fundamental problem with BBW-bbaw-refund-1.png

The fundamental problem with BBW-bbaw-refund-4.png

Now follow the receipt to the very bottom of the page and you will find the link which will take you to your default browser.

The fundamental problem with BBW-bbaw-refund-3.png

Once you click on that link, this page should arise requiring your chosen language.

The fundamental problem with BBW-img_20150106_230408.png

Then finally your application for a refund will be produced.

The fundamental problem with BBW-img_20150106_230427.png

WARNING
    KEEP YOUR RECEIPT PAGE OPENED.
    Copy And Paste details from the Receipt

You will have to enter the name of the app, and its order number, as well as any details in reference to yourself, then submit.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    There, that wasn't too hard.

You may be able to get this information from our BlackBerry Community Support Forum, where you will have to open an account.

https://supportforums.blackberry.com

Though I can't say if I found out from there, maybe the language differed, me being in the UK.
    In saying that, I found that being in the UK, made no difference when it asking for help via phone.
    When you think your phoning for help by UK link, you are still directed to the USA/Canada.

I do not this may help you or anyone else in the near or far future concerning refund.

Good Luck

jtvberry
    01-06-15 06:25 PM
    I have just looked into BlackBerry Community Support Forum, on the subject of refunds and found that there was many questions asked about that subject.

Click on the link below:
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...bels&q=refund+

jtvberry
    01-06-15 06:32 PM
    How long since you requested a refund? I bought an app about 6 months ago that never worked initially, so I asked for a refund. It took nearly seven weeks for the refund to be acknowledged and refunded.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Ouch... that's a while!?!! :-D

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-11-15 07:16 PM