There are many great features from the other competitors which I would like added to BBWorld to make the app discovery experience greatly improved. With the thousands of apps added weekly for BB10, it's getting harder and harder to notice apps of the many talented developers out there. Unless these apps get found in the "Top" lists or they get some advertising from the different forms of media out there, a lot may fall through cracks and to me that would be a waste of creativity that can be found from these developers to meet a user's app requirements. Social media is an easy method to alleviate this but the problem with that method is that it's often hard to weed out the objective reviews from self serving ones. Also, feedback from past users on the comments section of an app in BBWorld is limited and hard to trust for relevant info to what a user may be looking for in an app. This brings me to BBM.

As we know, BBM is THE social media platform of BlackBerry and it looks like there is infinite possibilities for it in BB10 (ie BBM Money, BBM Channels). With all the possibilities, I believe they should better leverage BBM into BBWorld. One way of doing this is letting me have the option of seeing those in my BBM friend / group list who have downloaded and have it be interactive. For example, let's say there's a paid app which I'm considering but I'm unsure of and I do not want to waste my money. What best way to find out if the app meets my needs than from my BBM friends / groups who already have used the app and can provide more insight with helping answer my questions.

If the answers I need and decide to download the app it doesn't have to stop there. With better interaction, one implementation can serve as a forum to get support or discover features for an app in question. For games, it can be a great outlet to allow the competitive nature of one's BBM friends / groups go wild or easily share new ones in general. I can imagine many different use cases where screen share can also be used for these interaction on BB10 devices.

With regards to my original comments about app discovery, why not let me have the option to share my downloaded apps through my BBM profile and allow the BBWorld interaction start from there. There's only so much that one person can find sifting through thousands of apps, why not let me see what my BBM friends / groups have and let it trend from there. This can go on and on so I'll stop there. Ultimately I'm dreaming for an enhanced BBWorld social experience using the power of BBM. So, why not? Is it possible? Could BBM Channels be what BlackBerry envisions as a step for this type of interaction?
    06-13-13 08:32 AM
    Sounds interesting to me! Mobihand (who went out of business in the end) did something like that with their AppVerse social network.

For reference....

AppVerse | CrackBerry.com
    07-28-13 10:07 PM
    There are many great features from the other competitors which I would like added to BBWorld to make the app discovery experience greatly improved. With the thousands of apps added weekly for BB10, it's getting harder and harder to notice apps of the many talented developers out there.
    It looks like most people have already forgotten about MobiHand that was burning money (actually the devs' royalties) on a similar project.

Who will finance these developments? And with what money?
    As a developer I can say that the only problem is getting paid. I do not need any "app discovery services" at the expense of my royalties.
    Developers do not need lengthy and expensive lawsuits, they need only their earned royalties.

Ultimately I'm dreaming for an enhanced BBWorld social experience using the power of BBM. So, why not? Is it possible? Could BBM Channels be what BlackBerry envisions as a step for this type of interaction?
    Will this development pay off? MobiHand did a similar thing, at the expense of "talented developers" who were unpaid.

If an app store owed you more than $150K, if you spent much time, money and efforts on a lawsuit and the app store then declared bankruptcy, will you be discussing yet another "app discovery service, like that made by MobiHand"? I do not think so.
    Instead of burning devs' money on stupid projects, better pay on time what we, developers, have already earned.
    08-07-13 11:41 AM