After downloading the new update 10.3.1.1767 I can't buy any apps from BlackBerry world. It keeps telling try a different paying method after trying 5 different credit cards anyone else with this issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:08 PM
    After downloading the new update 10.3.1.1767 I can't buy any apps from BlackBerry world. It keeps telling try a different paying method after trying 5 different credit cards anyone else with this issue?

Posted via CB10
    Hello,
    Same issue with my phone.
    The difference is, I have tried to do it for the past two years and never could get it to work. At some point I stopped trying it. Hope you can solve it for you.
    Regards

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2582/CB10
    03-22-15 12:46 AM
    I got this problem too. Anyone knows how to solve it?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 01:10 AM
    Yeah me too won't work no matter what
    Including new PayPal linked to card.
    03-22-15 05:05 AM
    also trying to purchase it on bb world on a pc is insanely slow. I was told a link would be sent to my device to purchase the app, still nothing.

i suspect there are server problems as even on pc it was silly slow.
    03-22-15 01:42 PM
    I think you must contact to BlackBerry to report about this issue.
    03-23-15 02:57 AM
    How? Support for BBWORLD is only via Twitter, which is better than nothing but not ideal.

Do since it's His/her livelihood, I contacted the developer as they probably do have direct contacts. They said my experience was well known to them and the best advice was "just keep trying".
    03-23-15 07:53 AM
    well the twitter help was nothing but stuff I already tried ( clear the bbw cache/reboot) that did not work.
    in the bbw app, on the screen that says " This purchase could not be completed. Please select a different payment method" if you click "payment options" then the three dots in the lower right then advanced there is a slider for " Blackberry World Payment logging". I've selected it to " on" and it says that the information will be included in the local device log, which can later be sent to blackberry by using the help application".

I've went through the help application (OS 10.3.1.2576, release 10.3.1.1779) and I cant find the log nor any way to send it to blackberry. poking around it appears that there should be a subfolder called "log" in the document folder. it aint there. does anyone know where this log resides ? its my only hope that this gets sorted out.

Unsing an amex rewards card ( essentially pre paid) this is what shows up on the card "DIGITAL RIVER WORLD PAYMENTS AB - Purchase with AVS" for one dollar that ocurs multiple times ( likely reflective of my repeated attempts to purchase the app, I think its a check to ensure the card has money on it) as the app was not a dollar.

thanks
    03-25-15 11:12 AM
    Don't know how, don't know why but it looks fixed now
    03-28-15 08:02 AM
    I am having the same problem, tried to upgrade to Parrot Pro. Tried all payment options ( Verizon, Credit Card, PayPal) on my Verizon Q10 and the two payment options on my AT&T Passport Credit Card and PayPal. They are both on the 10.3.1.2576 so it may be an issue with that release.
    Having scanned the forums, as per above, it looks like it fixes it's self over time so I guess I'll have to wait.
    03-30-15 01:46 PM
    Me too..trying to buy inst10 pro..but error 12000..

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 02:23 AM
    I tried everything recommended in the forums and nothing worked except the suggestion to wait and it will resolve itself. Later in the evening I tried again and it worked. Don't know how or why.

So try again tomorrow.

Passport running on 10.3.1.2576
    04-01-15 11:19 AM
    Ohhhhh my god finally after two years it works. Hahahahha did nothing new, it just works now
    Going to buy everything I can before it stops working hahhahaha

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2708/CB10
    04-02-15 07:10 PM
    Doesn't it seem ridiculous though that there are no official channels aside from a Twitter handler to direct your queries to your carrier? I started having the same problem since upgrading to the latest firmware (10.3.1.1779) and have experienced a frustrating few days trying to get it sorted out. It still hasn't resolved itself, and my only saving grace is that I find the sideloaded apps a whole bunch more useful than the ones available on BB World. Not to mention that this must be hugely dissatisfying for developers as well -- after this, who can blame them for not wanting to develop for BB?

I'm a fan, but the cracks in the ecosystem is certainly highlighted by this experience.
    04-06-15 09:16 PM
    Not working for me.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    04-07-15 12:56 AM
    Credit card won't work here either. PayPal does.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:21 PM
    Have you all tried refreshing bbworld?
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    04-07-15 07:44 PM
    Refreshing now. I hadn't tried that
    Didn't know it was an option.

04-07-15 10:49 PM
    Still not working. Oh well.

04-07-15 11:01 PM
    I'm having this problem as well with my girlfriends phone. I'm trying to buy her apps with my credit card or PayPal and it just won't work. It says use a different payment method!

How ridiculous of an issue. No wonder BlackBerry revenues are dropping and developers won't make apps. Why bother when the customer can't even buy them!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:52 PM
    I had the same issues with 10.3.1.1779 on my brand spanking new two week old BB Passport. My first ever Blackberry. I anonymously referred to it in a post yesterday but properly joined Crackberry today.

It's a beautiful bit of kit, designed to make a person more efficient, productive and stress free. My solution to the problem, and to keep myself relaxed is to simply not purchase any apps. It's only a smartphone after all, nothing more. I had a list of eight apps I considered to be essential, but upon investigation have found that I can substitute all with free ones... and still remain cool.

I don't want or need a Paypal account. Why create yet another money account I didn't want in the first place, only to find - if what people above say is true - that even Paypal may not be the answer? Then what?... more hassle. No thanks. I have stuff to do, places to go. I want to become a software engineer about as much as I want to become a refrigeration mechanic :-)

I've made a pact with myself: I'll either install the paid for stuff when they can fix what is essentially a broken service right out of the box, or simply wait until I change phones in two years. Whichever comes first.

And... I get to stay cool + get stuff done, which in the end is what it's all about :-)
    Last edited by 00010001; 04-09-15 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Meant Passport not Playbook
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    04-09-15 06:29 AM
    Okay. It's working again. I just purchased KalemSoft Media Player which I've been trying to get for a while.

04-10-15 11:52 AM
    Thanks for that LoneStarRed. Much appreciated. I'll get cracking with my list of (now 12) essential paid apps.

Has this really been a problem for years? I have a nagging thought about how this 'might' be bad for business... just can't put my finger on exactly why.

Hoping I can purchase everything before they close the pipes again.

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:15 PM
    It finally worked. Downloaded Fast browser to make my playbook nice and happy.
    04-10-15 03:01 PM
    Ditto on it working as well. While it's appreciated, still irksome.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:41 AM
26 12