I was wondering how i can give apps from blackberry world as a gift.

How does this work ?

Thanks !
    03-04-13 03:45 AM
    i think he/she means paying for an app for someone. like in iOS. if my little cousin wants a paid app i can "gift" it to him. i pay for it and it sends a link to him so he can download it.

i'm sure it's just one of those many things that will take some time to get rolled out. i mean BB10 is just such a brand new OS they can't have it all at launch.
    BlackBerry HAS done this in the past on their legacy devices so it CAN be done, but currently BB 10 does not have the ability to gift apps. HOWEVER developers can provide you with a code to download their paid apps for free either on a timed basis or for a limited number of downloads, those that have the code get the app for free either while the clock is running or until the number of free apps has run out. If you get one of these codes, (Often they are given out on CrackBerry blogs) you enter it by going to that app and then swiping down, clicking on redeem and then entering the code.
    Wow. It seems that this is not possible. You can only request a gift from somebody via BBM. Too bad.
    03-05-13 03:11 AM
    What do you mean from "gift" ?

You can put your apps on Blackberry Appworld as "Free Apps"
    03-20-13 06:25 PM
    i think he/she means paying for an app for someone. like in iOS. if my little cousin wants a paid app i can "gift" it to him. i pay for it and it sends a link to him so he can download it.

i'm sure it's just one of those many things that will take some time to get rolled out. i mean BB10 is just such a brand new OS they can't have it all at launch.
    03-28-13 07:27 PM
    This would be awesome to have. Hope BlackBerry brings it out

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:21 PM
    still not possible right?
    07-18-14 09:29 AM
    Yes! Can not now!
    08-19-14 11:22 AM
    Ok, so how do you do it?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:09 AM

BlackBerry HAS done this in the past on their legacy devices so it CAN be done, but currently BB 10 does not have the ability to gift apps. HOWEVER developers can provide you with a code to download their paid apps for free either on a timed basis or for a limited number of downloads, those that have the code get the app for free either while the clock is running or until the number of free apps has run out. If you get one of these codes, (Often they are given out on CrackBerry blogs) you enter it by going to that app and then swiping down, clicking on redeem and then entering the code.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    09-29-14 09:53 AM