To start off I think there are a lot of great apps on BlackBerry World. I think for the most part I could live without Android apps. Recently though as I look for the best apps in each category I need I have found some extremely poor apps with the Built for BlackBerry designation. Now they work yes but I feel like they follow no style guidelines really other than having a grey looking menu. Not sure if BlackBerry is just giving this designation away trying to keep developers happy but it doesn't help in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 05:39 PM
    There is some criteria but they sort of slipped on some - Built for BlackBerry
    11-29-14 06:14 PM
    I looked at some not all of their standards online. But yes some have slipped through. Just comparing some built for BlackBerry Weather Apps and you can see the difference. Getting a well built Built for BlackBerry App just makes the OS feel complete.

Posted with Z30
    11-29-14 07:46 PM
    There was a time it the beginning when it was super-hard to get the Built for BlackBerry certification. So many developers complained.

Then there came a time when many apps got the Built for BlackBerry certification easily without much work. I hope customer (like you) complained then.

Now, there is a time when it is really hard again to get the Built for BlackBerry certification. Apps that have recently received the Built for BlackBerry seal have gone through a very very - very - rigorous certification process. For some of our apps it took several months and a lot of work to get an app approved.

So to answer your question: Yes, there are some apps that have the BFB seal that should not have it (in my humble opinion), but there are also many quality apps that deserve that seal.
    kadusch likes this.
    12-03-14 03:21 AM