Between updating my memory card (now 64GB) and switching from my old Z10 to my new Q10 I think I've downloaded a movie more than 5 times.

Now when I click to "download" I get the message "Total licence exceeds limits".

I don't even have the option to re-purchase the movie.

Any advice to get the licence to download again? Can I get it to realise it's me and my own personal BlackBerry not someone ripping off movies?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:42 PM
    I would also like to know how this can be done. I've upgraded micro SD cards a few time and I'm getting that message as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:49 PM
    It's sad we haven't received a response. I guess no one knows the answer

Would have thought this was a common problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 01:41 PM
    Hey cdlaidlaw, I have some bad news but not conclusive. As I write this reply I am waiting on hold with Blackberry support. About 3 months ago I got the same message, "total licenses exceeds limit". I however did not do device switches, I would just download the movie when I felt the urge to watch it. I'm quite familiar with the device operations of blackberrys and tried everything I could to resolve the issue. I wiped my phone, tried a different sd card and still cane up with the same issue. I referred to the emailed receipt that I receive from blackberry world with every purchase I make. I attempted to contact support via the email address as well as following this link, https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en
    After literally DOZENS of attempt to find resolution by these means with absolutely no contact in reply from anyone, I contacted my provider. My provider gace me a phone number to call for BlackBerry support. I called thrm and was told I would be charged $49.99 for the support if I didnt have a ticket number. Back to my provider I went, got a ticket number and contacted them again. I spoke with a rep who clearly didn't understand what the issue was as I was required to repeat myself multiple times. I went through probably 6 reps (all separate calls, all having to sit on hold for sometimes over an hour) before the issue was "escalated". I spoke with the rep whom the case was escalated to and was told he would look into it and get back to me. A week later when I received no response I called BlackBerry support once again. When I finally spoke with someone they informed me the rep I was dealing with was no longer employed there. The rep proceeded to review the device logs I had sent in and told me he was unable to help me and that I would have to contact Rovi, who supplies the movies. The reps from rovi have been as helpful as the ones at blackberry, telling me that they dont handle the accounts, BlackBerry does. One hand continues to wash the other. I'm at my wits end, it probably sounds like I have too much time on my hands which I don't really and normally my time (which must be close to 20 hours by now) versus the value of 2 movies ($11.19 each) would obviously not be worth it. At this point it is more a matter of principle, I paid for something that I no longer have access to and should have. I have been a loyal customer and promoter of blackberry for 5 years now even through all the issues they have faced. My brother uses a phone with android and had an issue with an app. Apparently with Google play it is very easy to get refunded, you have the app removed from your device and thats the end of it. I'm deeply disappointed to admit this is my last BlackBerry. Hope you have better luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:44 PM
    I think if you buy a movie you are expected to back it up yourself. E.g. If you want to change memory cards, copy the file into an external hard drive. When you want to watch it, copy it back. (They even give you 5 tries to download it. )

Kind of like buying a DVD from the store, you can't just ask the manufacturer to send you new copies every time you want to watch it.

I'm not sure how other video stores work, but I think one key difference is Blackberry World is not a streaming service. Maybe it should be but that's not how it operates.
    This is also very different than apps because there are huge companies that oversee licensing and piracy etc.

I actually have no solution to this. It should probably be more clear in BBW that you should backup your movies.
    Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:56 PM
    Andrew4life, if you read the small print at the bottom of the particular movie you intend to download it specifically says "upon purchase, you may download this content on up to 5 devices until...(a future date which right now says 01/01/2023)" In a time where everything is required to be detailed in writing it seems extremely clear that you are limited in any way in how many times you download the movie. I have first hand experience downloading other movies far beyond 5 times with no issue. As for making copies of the movies on a backup drive that was my first step when I initially had the issue. What your statement disregards is the point, BlackBerry support is non-existent. Leaving customers like cdlaidlaw, myself and im certain a list of other people, hung out to dry. Regardless of the value. BlackBerry needs to be able to resolve issues like this if they expect to compete with ios and android.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:07 AM
    I had to reinstall my OS and 3 of the 4 movies I purchased were on my list of videos in BB world. the last movie, skyfall, isn't showing up on list or in my search within bb world. any ideas??
    03-08-14 10:20 PM
    I would have to agree that BlackBerry support has let me down. I purchased a movie to download, got charged and when I went to download the movie it stated an error occurred. So I thought ok I will try again, but it wanted me to purchase the movie again. Emailed BlackBerry support 5 times and no response. In the end I just decided it wasn't worth the hassle since it was on sale for 1.99.

I guess I should have called my credit card company and disputed the charge.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 10:31 PM
    It sounds like there isn't a solution so I've stopped buying movies through my Blackberry and unfortunately this is now my last straw. I believed in BB, have owned over a dozen models since 2004. I bought the Storm, Style heck I even bought both a Z10 and a Q10 because I supported them. I bought a PlayBook and didn't complain when my Movies bought in BlackBerry World on a BB10 device wouldn't play on it. This movie debacle however is the last straw. I've had enough. True BB doesn't stream media but to offer a media solution (even half-a$$ed) simply to claim you have a media solution doesn't cut it anymore in the world of iTunes and Google Play Movie.

In closing, backing up the movies didn't work. Each time the media card (my only copy) was reinserted into the same Blackberry it required "re-authorization". This "re-authorization counted as one of five "downloads". I appreciate the comparison made earlier to having "bought a DVD and expecting a replacement copy from the store" however a fairer comparison would have been "buying a DVD and because I moved it on the shelf 5 times the store took the disc away from me".

Anyhow I'm sorry to hear others were also challenged by this. Hopefully your next phone's ecosystem treats you better as well.

Goodbye BlackBerry :'-(

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-30-14 06:48 PM
    This isn't BlackBerry's fault but more the dudes they have contract with to put movies up for sales in their store.
    03-30-14 08:26 PM
    It sounds like there isn't a solution so I've stopped buying movies through my Blackberry and unfortunately this is now my last straw. I believed in BB, have owned over a dozen models since 2004. I bought the Storm, Style heck I even bought both a Z10 and a Q10 because I supported them. I bought a PlayBook and didn't complain when my Movies bought in BlackBerry World on a BB10 device wouldn't play on it. This movie debacle however is the last straw. I've had enough. True BB doesn't stream media but to offer a media solution (even half-a$$ed) simply to claim you have a media solution doesn't cut it anymore in the world of iTunes and Google Play Movie.

In closing, backing up the movies didn't work. Each time the media card (my only copy) was reinserted into the same Blackberry it required "re-authorization". This "re-authorization counted as one of five "downloads". I appreciate the comparison made earlier to having "bought a DVD and expecting a replacement copy from the store" however a fairer comparison would have been "buying a DVD and because I moved it on the shelf 5 times the store took the disc away from me".

Anyhow I'm sorry to hear others were also challenged by this. Hopefully your next phone's ecosystem treats you better as well.

Goodbye BlackBerry :'-(

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    It's very understandable that you very frustrated right now, but this issue has nothing to do with actual device. My suggestion is that you subscribe to Netflix for $7.99 per month and first month is free trial or download Crackle for free; it's much better option. Cheer up, life can be worse.
    03-30-14 10:02 PM
    Those were very positive response and suggestions. The fact you both responded so politely and with concern is appreciated.

Perhaps some additional background is needed. I stopped buying physical copies of DVDs some time ago and yes I bought a lot of content since on the BB. I've adopted the digital only philosophy and bought new releases on the BB because the HDMI connection allowed me to take the movies anywhere. Taking them to the cottage where we only have Mobile Internet.

Perhaps after sometime has passed I will calm down about my $300+ loss. Money that - if spent at iTunes - would still allow me to own the movies today.

I fail to understand why BB would sign a media distribution agreement that considers a "re-authorization" on the same device the same as a "re-download". Especially when they have PIN identification.

BB should have offered us users a "rental only" distribution approach if they could not guarantee that purchasing ensured ownership.

Anyhow, I know I'm probably in the minority and others may not have had as considerable a loss. I'll add the money I've spent/lost to the same pile as the apps purchased on my wife's Palm Pre and move on.

Amicalement

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-31-14 06:17 AM
    Well, technically since you bought them, getting them online from a filehost or torrent is perfectly fine.
    03-31-14 07:03 AM
    After losing two full paid for movies because of this issue, the only movies I will buy ever again from BlackBerry World are the offers they have occasionally when they are less than a pound. That way when I lose the movie because of any maximum download issues I haven't in reality lost much.
    Will never buy another movie at full price ever again because of this lack of response or care from anyone.

Z10 In action here!
    03-31-14 07:09 AM
    Just experienced this with the hobbit. One device but every time I tried to watch it had to reaquire a license. It seems to be nothing more than a legal con and yes won't be making that mistake again. It's these sort of things that take the shine off the OS. If Mr Chen wants to make money he better stop his customers feeling like they're getting ripped off. The knock on is I won't be so willing to spend any money In BBW never mind movies.

Steve/Boanerges Performance
    04-11-14 12:35 PM
    Every time you update an OS, you have to "refresh the license" through BBW. Although you don't need to download the movie again, it still counts as a hit against your limit.

After my latest update, I can no longer watch my movie. Same phone, same SD card. Grrrrrr.
    05-13-14 10:46 AM
    Every time you update an OS, you have to "refresh the license" through BBW. Although you don't need to download the movie again, it still counts as a hit against your limit.

After my latest update, I can no longer watch my movie. Same phone, same SD card. Grrrrrr.
    Yep. I am in the same boat. I will no longer purchase movies through BBW

STL-4. 10.2.1.3175 w/ 1259 clock
    05-26-14 09:07 PM