"BlackBerry Link wasn't able to load your music library". I received this message a couple days ago. I have un installed and re-installed blackberry link twice with restarts to computer and blackberry each time I make changes. I have updated software recently on computer, iTunes, and QuickTime. The issue seems to have started after iTunes update. Anybody experiencing the same problem or have any solutions?

Currently running:
    BlackBerry link: 1.1.0.37
    BlackBerry z10 10.1.0.273

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:21 PM
    Only with the m4p files. Basically m4p will only go on i-things (I'd like to know if there are any non i-devices out there that do support itunes directly)

From what I was able to find; your stuck converting them to a non-protected format. There are a ton of tutorials on how to do this.

This was the one I was going to try the next time I got a chance.
    05-31-13 04:30 PM
    It worked before. It just stopped working after iTunes update. The music files are a combination of mp3 and m4a.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:02 PM
    But it is putting the mp3s on, correct?

Posted from my pokedex
    06-02-13 04:55 AM
    ya - exact same problem. Has nothing to do with the format of the files. Was working then stopped after an update.
    06-03-13 04:41 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation. Did it stop working after you did the iTunes update?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:25 PM
    Honestly don't know which came first. Seems to me a simple fix would be to have the option to point your music library to whatever location you desire. Same way they have it set up for pictures and documents.
    06-04-13 08:50 PM
    If on Windows 7 at least. Reinstall BB link, but when reinstalling select "run as administrator" for the installation. From a BB fan - this is pretty lame. Link has a long way to go.
    06-14-13 05:02 PM
    Thanks. I am running windows 7. I am travelling now but will try when I am home and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 01:26 AM
    This stopped working again. Complete POS - no seriously. Blackberry are you listening at all on this? Guess I can just go back to using my device as a phone only and carry my ipod. Do you GET the implications of that Blackberry people?
    06-22-13 11:39 AM
    Oh no. Anybody out there with this problem. Still haven't been able to resolve.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:07 AM
    I still cannot blackberry link to recognize the itunes library. Any suggestions anyone? Just installed new updated of blackberry link and itunes.
    08-20-13 08:46 PM
    This may not help just nobody mentioned it but Link requires iTunes to be running in order for it to be recognized. It worked on my laptop. It didn't work on my PC but that was months ago and I lost the PC to a flood. There have been many updates to it since. Also I don't know if this makes any difference but if you never use Windows Media player try uninstalling it. There may be a conflict. I mention this because it is the only difference between the laptop and the PC other than the updated iTunes and latest BBlink (installed today) on the laptop. The laptop ONLY has iTunes on it. Worth a shot. See how it goes. Hope you get it resolved soon.
    08-20-13 10:38 PM
    I haven't been able to get this working either in the past month. It worked once, and I was able to transfer all my music over, but after so many OS changes, I've lost my playlists and can't get them back. Doesn't matter if I try through my PC (on Windows 8) or laptop (on Windows 7). Nothing works, no matter which version of Link or iTunes.

Will have to resort to buying an app since BB can't seem to figure out how to get it working right. BB Desktop Software for BBOS was much better software.
    08-24-13 08:39 PM
    I haven't been able to get this working either in the past month. It worked once, and I was able to transfer all my music over, but after so many OS changes, I've lost my playlists and can't get them back. Doesn't matter if I try through my PC (on Windows 8) or laptop (on Windows 7). Nothing works, no matter which version of Link or iTunes.

Will have to resort to buying an app since BB can't seem to figure out how to get it working right. BB Desktop Software for BBOS was much better software.
    I started this thread. I thought I was the only person experiencing this problem. I think I have tried just about everything to get it to work. If you get it to work with an app can you let me know?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 12:14 AM
    This has been resolved with latest version of blackberry link Version: 1.2. There was a conflict with garmin express. I had to update garmin express before iTunes would upload to BB. works well now Finally! :-o

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 07:21 PM
    This is resolved with update to BlackBerry link 1.2 - conflict with "garmin express" GPS software

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 10:23 PM
    Did you ever get this resolved. Same problem here.
    06-24-16 08:52 PM