It must must be the first time I have come to this section of our forum and I have noticed, a lot of the questions here concerns apps and should be in the BBOS or BB10 apps section.

Anyway, my query is simple.

Why does blackberry app world have to log me out.

Is it because I am not buying and the queue spaces are limited in the shop, am I just taking up precious time there.

Is it because the bb app world team fear for my safety, least I get pressured into buying apps I don't want, possibly am not in the safety of my own home to be spending.

I would like to know, why is the reason for locking me out when I don't want to go from our application store?

Please could kindly explain this feature to me.

I was there sorting out apps I don't want, then in the middle of my process am cut off to go through the palaver of logging in again.
    megido1 likes this.
    01-28-15 10:06 PM
    I have never seen this issue. Who is your carrier?
    02-01-15 01:54 AM
    You mean the web site, do you? This is crap. I say this for many years. The BB World web site ends the session after some minutes. Why??? There's absolutely no reason for this, even banking pages don't do this after such a short time, but RIM's stone age BB World does, again and again. A very nice issue is to set a browser bookmark while you are logged in. When you come back to that bookmark next day it says "session expired", this means "nice try, you damned fool!". Or still better: you are logged in and you found a nice app and now you send a link to that app to somebody. Then the receiver opens this link and gets "session expired". He can't even see what you meaned. I don't know why RIM can't hire three or five professional web designers to develop a proper and usable web site.
    jtv1 and megido1 like this.
    02-01-15 03:55 AM
    Well it's a good feature. Maybe the time is too short but you don't want someone getting on your computer a half hour later and start buying stuff.
    jtv1 and Smokeaire like this.
    02-01-15 03:59 AM
    My banking website/app expires after a few minutes of non-use. I appreciate the added security.
    In my office (printing estimators) everyone knows everyone's computer password In case one of us are out and others have to access their work email for bids and customer correspondence. I certainly wouldn�t want a coworker to get access to any private browsing shopping websites (Amazon, BlackBerry World, my bank) if I'm out even for lunch.

Sent using my BlackBerry Passport
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-01-15 04:39 AM
    I have never seen this issue. Who is your carrier?
    My carrier / provider is 3UK or three.co.uk

But it's not the carriers problem, it is something I thought this was something BlackBerry App World should fix.
    jtvberry
    Last edited by jtv1; 02-01-15 at 03:18 PM.
    02-01-15 03:07 PM
    Well it's a good feature. Maybe the time is too short but you don't want someone getting on your computer a half hour later and start buying stuff.
    Why would someone get on my computer, unless their brave enough to come and rob my home and if I lived with anyone, this is the year 2015 and they better bring their own devices.

I do, can't be depending on others PC or mobile.

I'd really like to see someone come and play games with my devices.
    Not a pretty sight.

jtvberry
    02-01-15 03:22 PM
    My carrier / provider is 3UK or three.co.uk

But it's not the carriers problem, it is something I thought this was something BlackBerry App World should fix.
    jtvberry
    Didn't realize you were talking about on the computer.
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-01-15 03:35 PM
    My banking website/app expires after a few minutes of non-use. I appreciate the added security.
    In my office (printing estimators) everyone knows everyone's computer password In case one of us are out and others have to access their work email for bids and customer correspondence. I certainly wouldn�t want a coworker to get access to any private browsing shopping websites (Amazon, BlackBerry World, my bank) if I'm out even for lunch.

Sent using my BlackBerry Passport
    But you've said you wouldn't like particularly workers into your account and at the same time, you gave a chosen few your password which isn't work ethics in the first place, but one can understand the depending on the type of business your in.

I found that my PayPal, Amazon, Ebay stay open once my PC is logged in and as for my bank, at least they have the courtesy to ask if I want to continue have my account opened.
    But it is Barclays and kudos to them, but it is annoying that whilst am active looking through my account, sorting out what am going to keep regardless of whether an application is installed of whether I install it later or even if am deleting an app, while active, I shouldn't have to go through the signing in process all over again and go through the search again.

I wouldn't mind so much if we were given the option to go back to where I last was.

With all this HTML kicking in, the website needs to catch up.
    It's like a troublesome wisdom tooth right at the back that needs pulling out.

They need to stop it or fix it!!!

jtvberry
    02-01-15 03:45 PM
    Didn't realize you were talking about on the computer.
    That's okay kbz1960,

Yeah, the app itself never closes down, so if I left my phone in one room while others rally around it.
    I dare them start downloading stuff on, not their device, young and old alike.

jtvberry
    02-01-15 03:58 PM
    But you've said you wouldn't like particularly workers into your account and at the same time, you gave a chosen few your password which isn't work ethics in the first place, but one can understand the depending on the type of business your in.

jtvberry
    It isn't expected for people here to have personal accounts (Facebook,etc) on their work computer, but it is accepted that that they do. It is assumed that your personal FB and other accounts would be PW protected but are not required to be given out. Since these are company computers, and our company email addys should only be used for work reasons then there is no reason that co-workers can't have the password to get into our computer to be able to finish whatever it is one is working on if they are out.
    My other passwords are not given out, and I've started to use BBM and Blend to communicate with a select few, with no trace on my work computer when I leave or log out of Blend.
    02-02-15 04:02 PM
    It isn't expected for people here to have personal accounts (Facebook,etc) on their work computer, but it is accepted that that they do. It is assumed that your personal FB and other accounts would be PW protected but are not required to be given out. Since these are company computers, and our company email addys should only be used for work reasons then there is no reason that co-workers can't have the password to get into our computer to be able to finish whatever it is one is working on if they are out.
    My other passwords are not given out, and I've started to use BBM and Blend to communicate with a select few, with no trace on my work computer when I leave or log out of Blend.
    I really do find it odd that certain staff could have your password.
    I only say this, because when I worked at a company (last year), the only person who kept passwords were the website and data management staff.
    Not even managers and directors knew others passwords.
    But every company has their own issues and way's of getting the work done.

As you mentioned; at your workplace, you are allowed to have your fb on your work PC, where at mine we wasn't.

jtvberry
    02-02-15 11:13 PM