This may be a really stupid question but here it goes.............I hear of new apps in BBW on the Z10, but when I go the BBW on my PB I don't see them. Are there 2 separate BBW's or are they the same? I'm waiting for next Thursday to get my Z10 from Verizon. Thanks for any answers.
    03-21-13 10:44 AM
    It recognizes the device and displays Apps available. On my z10 I had apps in my world that were loaded on my PlayBook but could download on the phone due to being compatible and free. If you pay on PlayBook you will have to pay on z10

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:51 AM
    Apps for the BB10 (Z10) and apps fro the PB 0S2 are different.:
    "Hi Alexander,

Most of our apps will need to be purchased again for Z10/BB10. The reason for this is that the application isn't the same. It took us 5 months and 4 developers to port all our apps to BB10.

PlayBook is primarily a landscape device but the BB10 (Z10) is primarily a portrait device. Also although higher resolution, the screen-size is small. Some of the applications had to be redone from scratch and therefore we have listed them as separate apps from the PlayBook versions. The features of the application is the same as the PlayBook versions but the interface has been changed to suit the device. We had to spend almost the same (and in some cases more) development effort as with the original apps to have these ported to BB10.

I hope you understand that supporting development of these apps on two completely different orientations and screen sizes takes considerable amount of development effort.

Thanks & Regards,

KP"
    03-31-13 10:59 AM
    Good explanation.................thank you.
    03-31-13 07:19 PM