Some pic shows vienna is a bb10 device.
    02-14-16 02:49 AM
    02-14-16 03:03 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-vienna-3d.jpg 
Views:	1554 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	391273
    That's not a picture of a real device, though.
    02-14-16 06:59 AM
    Phone makers weren't getting Marshmallow until December 2015. IMHO they were planning to release the PRIV end of December or early January with all patches and polish needed and they could ride Lollypop for a shorter time.
    If you look at what Marshmallow has to offer with more granular security and OS polish it's more in line with BB10 2.0.0.
    Leaks and the consumer forced the early release of the PRIV, it was a must that BlackBerry had to release it or the stocks would have tumbled further.

I can't understand why so many people don't have the foresight to see that every PRIV Lollypop update and BlackBerry's "Security Update" or BB10 commitment is pretty much a stop gap to patch a half baked OS and gain some consumer confidence.
    Splitting resources puts tremendous pressure on the team trying to get the OS ready for Marshmallow.

Don't even get me started on the reality of the Google road map of ditching a Java based OS so they can fuse Chrome & Android for a new OS and making their own handsets. Can anyone say shades of BlackBerry and the BBOS change 4 years ago?

You think BlackBerry ditching BB10 and taking on Android OS was a last ditch attempt? Nope it's to make Google happy.
    IMHO don't be surprised if QNX will be Googles OS saving grace to their next OS with sprinkles of BB10. Probably by acquisition or with strategic partnership with adding the letters B and Q to their Alphabet umbrella since BlackBerry with be strictly a software company in the next 3 years.
    Agree. I think Google 's acquisition of BlackBerry or qnx is likely within the next 3 years.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-14-16 08:39 AM
    I'll stay positive until BlackBerry says otherwise. Maybe, just maybe, they've gotten better at keeping unreleased products under wraps and plugged the leaks. I have no problem with that. I still believe we'll hear more about the Vienna at MWC 2016 (March 5, 2016)

So sit back, relax and have a coffee or some tea.
    tx ram likes this.
    02-14-16 06:12 PM
    I'll stay positive until BlackBerry says otherwise. Maybe, just maybe, they've gotten better at keeping unreleased products under wraps and plugged the leaks. I have no problem with that. I still believe we'll hear more about the Vienna at MWC 2016 (March 5, 2016)

MWC is in Barcelona on Feb 22 through 25.
    02-15-16 08:14 AM
    MWC is in Barcelona on Feb 22 through 25.
    Weird. Same website had the March date when I looked it up and now it has the correct dates that you posted.
    02-15-16 11:07 PM
    Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the Vienna turns out dead. Prior release of the Priv, there was quite some negativly driven discussion regarding BlackBerrys (Android) device future. Many voices claimed if the Priv sales aren't great, BlackBerry Android is dead. Then magically the Vienna renders appeared, which helped to ease the discussion by demonstrating the Priv isn't the only Android in the pipeline.

Releasing some renders is easy however, there haven't been any leaked real life shots of the device. I still think the device could be real and see the light of day, but I wouldn't be too surprised either if not.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    02-17-16 08:31 PM
    My son is in Barcelona and my birthday is the 22nd. He will be at the MWC and he promised to call, we shall see.
    Last edited by phuoc; 02-17-16 at 10:12 PM.
    02-17-16 08:48 PM
    The fact that there have been NO LEAKS, NO NEW IMAGES, NO NEW INFO, NO.....NOTHING for weeks suggests that the release of this phone ,unless the best kept secret of all time....is , well, doa. Go ahead, surprise everyone. But I don't think so any more at this point.
    02-18-16 09:00 AM
    The fact that there have been NO LEAKS, NO NEW IMAGES, NO NEW INFO, NO.....NOTHING for weeks suggests that the release of this phone ,unless the best kept secret of all time....is , well, doa. Go ahead, surprise everyone. But I don't think so any more at this point.
    Are you new here? Because BlackBerry has been keeping everything secret since Chen started. I wouldn't think that means anything.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 12:04 PM
    New? Hardly. Go ahead, surprise everyone.
    02-18-16 12:08 PM

My fingers crossed too. I'm hoping for a 500$us device with 3gb ram, 4000mah battery, 4.7' screen and a PKB in a 'brick' form factor with zero moving parts like slides/flips etc. Ofcourse the 18mp camera from the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 08:48 AM
    Agree. I think Google 's acquisition of BlackBerry or qnx is likely within the next 3 years.

I don't think google needs blackberry.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    02-21-16 11:52 AM
    Old news now; my kid called from the MWC as he promised, "sorry dad but no Vienna ".
    tx ram likes this.
    02-22-16 11:35 AM
    Old news now; my kid called from the MWC as he promised, "sorry dad but no Vienna ".
    BlackBerry isn't even there this year... sad...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 01:43 PM
    It's as dead as BB10.
    JeepBB and Killjoyhere like this.
    02-25-16 08:41 PM
    Looking forward to getting an iphone or Nexus 6P

Posted via CB10
    tx ram likes this.
    02-25-16 09:42 PM
    Why hasn't BlackBerry announced their PRIV sales numbers since launch? My guess is that the numbers are much lower than expected. To do so at this stage would definitely form opinions, either pro or con, on should I buy a BlackBerry Droid or other. Again, we are back to a total lack of BlackBerry marketing . Maybe that dept was let go in one of the ongoing round of layoffs. If Chen is attempting to cull deadwood, look in the mirror.

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    02-26-16 07:50 AM
    I'm disappointed but the lack of an announcement. If this phone doesn't get released, I might have to pick up a galaxy s7 with the keyboard case.

02-26-16 08:28 PM
    I'm disappointed but the lack of an announcement. If this phone doesn't get released, I might have to pick up a galaxy s7 with the keyboard case.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...37807c648d.jpg
    my god what the hell is that ,you are joking arnt you?
    Steelsheen and ayngling like this.
    02-27-16 12:33 AM
    my god what the hell is that ,you are joking arnt you?
    It's the latest prize in Cracker Jack.
    02-27-16 05:07 AM
    I hope they don't release the Vienna, I don't think it will sell well, if they want to compete with other android devices, the latest releases by LG, Samsung and soon HTC is the design language direction consumers want, not a classic design. priv is barely making it from what I see around the forum, they need a really out of this world device, with some innovation beyond the traditional keyboard.

02-27-16 06:03 AM
    As much as I would love to see the Vienna and probably would buy it if specs were there I think you are right they need a grand slam not a bunt at this point .
    02-27-16 06:40 AM
    It might be a shock for you, but according to my German sources, BlackBerry isn't going to be present at MWC 16... very, very sad news...
    At least you know now that your source is worthless.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 07:32 AM
255 ... 23456 ...