Another PKB device? Really? Where is the all touch device? Also I have a big problem with this device not being BB10. Glad I sold all my BB10 devices because it looks like BlackBerry is never making another one and that means the resale of BB10 devices is going to nose dive.
    No one is going to want a BB10 device if they know the platform is dead. I really hate the way this company is headed and I was one of their biggest fans. At one point I owned 14 BB10 devices. Sad, really sad.
    11-11-15 08:03 PM
    I for one welcome our new all-keyboard overlords.

If you like all-touch devices so much, there are 3,141,592,653 to choose from on the market already.
    11-11-15 08:07 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry will release a all-touch device within their first year of going Android. There would be absolutely no difference between them and the other 100+ Android OEMs.

BlackBerry does keyboards, they have patents for them and they make them very well. Armed with their 2 keyboard designs, they can stand out on Android and win back those they lost. Let them get their numbers up before they jump into making an all-touch device.
    11-11-15 08:10 PM
    U guys want BlackBerry to continue making bb10 and they are not selling

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:17 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry will release a all-touch device within their first year of going Android. There would be absolutely no difference between them and the other 100+ Android OEMs.

BlackBerry does keyboards, they have patents for them and they make them very well. Armed with their 2 keyboard designs, they can stand out on Android and win back those they lost. Let them get their numbers up before they jump into making an all-touch device.
    You couldn't have said it better that is what I've been saying from time. Building touch screens only for Android would be pointless. Let them use the patents they have for the pkb. I would love to see that patent with the 3 row keyboard with the one row always showing aka the visa/Victoria we saw a while back

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 08:32 PM
    Y'all don't seem to realize a lot of us use BlackBerry for the functionality, not the physical keyboard. There are a lot of Z10/Z30 users out there.

The Priv has most of that functionality, and I'm fairly sure if/when I get it, the keyboard will be closed most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    chern, andy957 and jmaxim917 like this.
    11-11-15 08:36 PM

THIS!!!!

OP - There is no way Blackberry can realistically compete with all the other all-touch device manufactures in Android. They can't compete on cost (the Chinese and South Korean companies are brilliant at that), they can't compete on modern features like fingerprint scanners because everyone else bought up the technology and they can't compete in the super premium space (Samsung has that locked up in Android and Apple for iOS).

So they need a key distinguishing feature to have any shot at a decent customer base. And, their patented, brilliant keyboards are going to be it so they would be crazy to introduce an all-touch device until they built up a loyal PKB audience and then they could dabble in it.
    11-11-15 08:47 PM
    Why not just buy the Priv & never use the physical keyboard? Simple fix, my opinion...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    glwerry, Bay 13 and Holted like this.
    11-11-15 09:02 PM

If you like all-touch devices so much, there are 3,141,592,653 to choose from on the market already.
    To go along with the 3,141,592,653 threads just like this one. I haven't seen this many broken records since disco was in style.
    jeanholton1 likes this.
    11-11-15 09:03 PM
    Why not just buy the Priv & never use the physical keyboard? Simple fix, my opinion...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Because there is no point to buy a Priv if you don't like sliders.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    11-11-15 09:24 PM
    Because there is no point to buy a Priv if you don't like sliders.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    We don't always agree, but we do on this point!
    11-11-15 09:41 PM

I have nothing to add to the discussion... just wanted to drop in and say that I see what you did there. 3,141,592,653 = pi*billion

Posted via CB10
    bodjor, lift, sirius27 and 1 others like this.
    11-11-15 10:03 PM
    Another PKB device? Really? Where is the all touch device? Also I have a big problem with this device not being BB10. Glad I sold all my BB10 devices because it looks like BlackBerry is never making another one and that means the resale of BB10 devices is going to nose dive.
    No one is going to want a BB10 device if they know the platform is dead. I really hate the way this company is headed and I was one of their biggest fans. At one point I owned 14 BB10 devices. Sad, really sad.
    This may be the BlackBerry's Android market strategy for the present and very near future. The firm must exercise it's core strengths trying to distinguish itself from the competition. Many of the Android phone makers are losing money because they lack the company specific features that defines the company and distinguish itself from the competition. What majority of these companies are left with I cost advantage in production, or design, or unique bloatware, or hardware features like the s-pen or the BlackBerry's keyboard.

There is no dispute in the tech world that BlackBerry makes the world best PKB for the mobile phones. Now that they have added tactile response to the mix, there really is no one in the tech market who can compete with BlackBerry in the area of PKB.

They are being really smart by introducing distinctive products showing off their strength. Now tat the have adapted the Android, all the cynics who complained and moaned about the lack of available has no arguments.

We may be witness the true come back story of the company but it is to early to tell. But there is no doubt in my mind that they are heading into a right direction and they have tailwind propelling them forward.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 10:23 PM
    Blackberry is a brand...with a culture of secure communications. All their products fall under that umbrella. Blackberry is no more a PKB company than APPLE is a music company.
    11-11-15 10:25 PM
    Since when do people buy phones with the deciding factor being resale value? I assumed people bought phones based on what they liked best for themselves.
    "Gee honey, I hate all-touch devices but I can resell them for more money. I must buy one then."

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:37 PM

Totally on point ... The keyboard differentiates BlackBerry from the hundreds of other android phones out there... Why not stand out as opposed to getting lost in the pile of other phones
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-11-15 11:13 PM
    really sad. Which is why i got one of the 6 bazillion all touch devices already on the market. Soooooo much better than getting frustrated over BB not listening to their Z10 and Z30 customers.
    lift and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-12-15 05:18 AM
    guys Blackberry is security, but it is mainly Keyboard..
    that the only differentiation that they have. I'm sorry for the all touch screen fan, but it is what it is.

Personally, i've been on blackberry over time for the keyboard only, BB10 was the cherry on the cake, but it was mainly keyboard that kept me in this camp.

I like this new device, but unfortunately it looks like a cheap device, and when BB does cheap, it means specs are low, very low. Only time will tell
    11-12-15 05:23 AM
    Touch only lovers can hopefully get the Productivity Suite through the Play Store soon and choose one of the numerous touch only Androids out there.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:25 AM
    guys Blackberry is security, but it is mainly Keyboard..
    that the only differentiation that they have. I'm sorry for the all touch screen fan, but it is what it is.

Personally, i've been on blackberry over time for the keyboard only, BB10 was the cherry on the cake, but it was mainly keyboard that kept me in this camp.

I like this new device, but unfortunately it looks like a cheap device, and when BB does cheap, it means specs are low, very low. Only time will tell
    BB10 had to kept using the 801 and S4 Plus because they didn't want to pay for driver royalties, hence they had to keep reusing the same stuff. They're on Android now so can at least use the current gen midranger.
    11-12-15 06:31 AM
    BB10 had to kept using the 801 and S4 Plus because they didn't want to pay for driver royalties, hence they had to keep reusing the same stuff. They're on Android now so can at least use the current gen midranger.
    Very good point!
    11-12-15 06:33 AM
    Touch only lovers can hopefully get the Productivity Suite through the Play Store soon and choose one of the numerous touch only Androids out there.

Posted via CB10
    But without the security that BlackBerry offers.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-12-15 06:41 AM
    Its very sad if BlackBerry only makes pkb phones from now on.
    Apple and Samsung dominate the smartphone space selling all-touch phones.
    lift likes this.
    11-12-15 12:25 PM
    Always was a PKB company. Storm,storm 2, 9860,Z10,Z3, Z30, and Leap so 7 slabs in almost 20 years , yeah I would call them a PKB company
    11-12-15 12:33 PM
    Always was a PKB company. Storm,storm 2, 9860,Z10,Z3, Z30, and Leap so 7 slabs in almost 20 years , yeah I would call them a PKB company
    Its very sad that they limit themselves so bad in the smartphone space.
    lift likes this.
    11-12-15 12:50 PM
119 123 ...