Hey guys! Just a quick question for those who are using Priv...are you really satisfied with this android software? I mean I'm the classic fan and 9900, but android os?...do you guys think that new Vienna will last long with android system?
    01-11-16 11:54 AM
    Used the Priv for a few days so can't say that my assessment is fair but then again I couldn't stand it enough to learn it. Chalk it up to laziness but Android was a pain...
    boyo66 and schwede like this.
    01-11-16 12:01 PM
    I hope that BlackBerry android will survive better than present BlackBerry OS!! Even Imma huge fan of BlackBerry and I'm hugely satisfied with my Q5. But still android apps sucks a lot in BlackBerry device and BlackBerry OS are almost 92percent dead. So I think using BlackBerry android will be a better choice!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 12:22 PM
    Hey guys! Just a quick question for those who are using Priv...are you really satisfied with this android software? I mean I'm the classic fan and 9900, but android os?...do you guys think that new Vienna will last long with android system?
    Depends if they cure all the bugs the Priv seems to have according to the threads on the Priv site .
    01-11-16 02:55 PM
    I hope that BlackBerry android will survive better than present BlackBerry OS!! Even Imma huge fan of BlackBerry and I'm hugely satisfied with my Q5. But still android apps sucks a lot in BlackBerry device and BlackBerry OS are almost 92percent dead. So I think using BlackBerry android will be a better choice!

Posted via CB10
    Q5 with Android can't work to be honest. I'm on a Q10 and not really satisified with the startup-performance of Android-apps as well, but user-experiences and videos on youtube proof that the passport can handle the android-apps much faster!

I would go for the Passport SE, if the Vienna won't meet my expectations.

Posted via CB10
    AmarkalamThala likes this.
    01-12-16 06:13 AM
    IF only Andriod had real multitasking like os10 has. Its a BIG difference...
    02-02-16 04:23 PM
    Really satisfied with the Priv. Used BlackBerry 10 since it's launch.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    02-02-16 04:49 PM
    IF only Andriod had real multitasking like os10 has. Its a BIG difference...
    Multitasking works just as well on my Priv as all my BB10 devices.
    02-02-16 04:51 PM
    Define real please I'm waiting
    02-03-16 12:09 AM
    Really satisfied with the Priv. Used BlackBerry 10 since it's launch.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    Why would you have not said the same thing after using a normal Android, why a blackberry Android? The user experience still remains the same. Right?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-04-16 08:11 AM
    Why would you have not said the same thing after using a normal Android, why a blackberry Android? The user experience still remains the same. Right?

I prefer the BlackBerry launcher to Touchwiz, Sense or UX.

Swipe up to HUB, File Manager, and Google Now from within any app works well. Multitasking screen is better than any other implementation I've seen.

Device feels better in the hand than any other Android I have ever held. Physical keyboard is great for scrolling, and for typing on webforms where I want to see the whole screen.

I also enjoy getting the monthly security patches slightly faster than my Nexus device.
    Last edited by conite; 02-04-16 at 08:49 AM.
    Pcmx, chrisleka and Bay 13 like this.
    02-04-16 08:19 AM
    I prefer the BlackBerry launcher to Touchwiz, Sense or UX.

Swipe up to HUB, File Manager, and Google Now from within any app works well. Multitasking screen is better than any other implementation I've seen.

Device feels better in the hand than any other Android I have ever held. Physical keyboard is great for scrolling, and for typing on webforms where I want to see the whole screen.

I also enjoy getting the monthly security patches slightly faster than my Nexus device.
    I agree with all the you are saying there. It's subjective for everyone.
    But tell me how much you paid for your Priv and do you know how much I will have to pay for itij India? Over $230 more than the $700 that it sells for in the US. Forget the diff in local taxes, but. I don't think it's worth that extra $230. That is over 30% more expensive here for an unlocked phone without carrier subsidy or data/voice bundle attached.

02-04-16 09:02 AM
    I agree with all the you are saying there. It's subjective for everyone.
    But tell me how much you paid for your Priv and do you know how much I will have to pay for itij India? Over $230 more than the $700 that it sells for in the US. Forget the diff in local taxes, but. I don't think it's worth that extra $230. That is over 30% more expensive here for an unlocked phone without carrier subsidy or data/voice bundle attached.

As I am in Canada, my numbers would have no bearing on you.

I got it for $899 CDN which is now just over $600 US with our current exchange rate.

It's pricey for sure, but I'm not one to squabble over a couple hundred dollars for all the use I will get from it. But I understand that not everyone has that luxury.
    02-04-16 09:44 AM
    What is the chances that blackberry will give us another android phone
    02-04-16 10:35 AM
    I assume that Blackberry is already in various stages of development with other Android models. But its their confusing marketing strategy that is keeping them off store shelves.
    They are loosing precious time, and they know it. The Priv is already outdated in terms of specs. Because today we have phones with FP sensors, 3000 to 5000 mah batteries, 5.5 inch screens and dual sims as standard. Even apps like true Caller are redesigned for dual sim phones.

Last edited by tx ram; 02-04-16 at 08:54 PM.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    02-04-16 11:35 AM
    Thanks to the Android Priv, BlackBerry may actually once and for all kill off its hardware division. This device is a joke, at best. Android is not a good OS. BlackBerry is completely lost in the head.
    02-06-16 01:51 AM
    I don't think so. In fact, i think blackberry did a great job with its implementation of the Android OS. They just need to tweak the Hub so that it matches the functionality of the BB10 Hub.

bbafdad and svo4turbo like this.
    02-10-16 06:04 AM
    I don't think so. In fact, i think blackberry did a great job with its implementation of the Android OS. They just need to tweak the Hub so that it matches the functionality of the BB10 Hub.

My heart hopes you are correct! I do really have my mind set on a vienna if it turns out to have this form or similar that ive seen w pkb...been teased just enough w the handful of renderings, hurry up already!

bbz30
    02-10-16 10:22 PM
    in general yes, pretty satisfied with it (and I came from BB10 ). if you haven't touched android before expect to have a steep learning curve, because the architecture is very different from anything produced by blackberry's inhouse software. I know for a fact that there were a ton of whining when os7 users were forced to move into bb10, and thats going from one blackberry product to another. But if you put in the time and patience with the Priv (and hopefully the Vienna soon) it does pay off big.

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    02-11-16 05:46 AM
    for me I think bb10 is better ,I'm not an app junkie so I'm very happy with bb10 I did have the priv from day 1 but for several reasons ive gone back to my passport and classic and I think they are so so much better (imo)
    02-12-16 01:54 AM
    I have been very impressed with the PRIV. Android has been a big learning curve again but I am onto it now (took a few days of solid use). The hub is ok but not to the level of bb10 and multi tasking is not as good.
    I have found I needed a number of apps to get the usability back up to bb10 level.

svo4turbo likes this.
    02-12-16 06:44 AM
    I have been very impressed with the PRIV. Android has been a big learning curve again but I am onto it now (took a few days of solid use). The hub is ok but not to the level of bb10 and multi tasking is not as good.
    I have found I needed a number of apps to get the usability back up to bb10 level.

What's different about multitasking? You just touch the square instead of swiping up to get the active frame page. I actually find switching between apps to be a lot quicker. Everything is as you left it, and music or video can continue in the background without stutter.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-12-16 09:53 AM
    Thanks to the Android Priv, BlackBerry may actually once and for all kill off its hardware division. This device is a joke, at best. Android is not a good OS. BlackBerry is completely lost in the head.
    Lol, if you think hardware is being killed of solely because of the Priv, I'd say it's you whose lost it in the head. Hardware was dying well before the Priv showed up.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 09:58 AM
    [QUOTE=conite;12261475]What's different about multitasking? You just touch the square instead of swiping up to get the active frame page. I actually find switching between apps to be a lot quicker. Everything is as you left it, and music or video can continue in the background without

Probably a personal preference I found it much easier on bb10 with swiping.

02-13-16 07:52 PM
    What's different about multitasking? You just touch the square instead of swiping up to get the active frame page. I actually find switching between apps to be a lot quicker. Everything is as you left it, and music or video can continue in the background without stutter.
    You are not being truthful in your statement. And you sound like a Android Fanboy or something. Really, you found Android app switching faster than BB10's swiping? LMHO

Lol, if you think hardware is being killed of solely because of the Priv, I'd say it's you whose lost it in the head. Hardware was dying well before the Priv showed up.

Posted via CB10
    The Priv will kill it off quicker. That is what my post said.
    02-14-16 06:47 PM
54 123